I need help! (Research position)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OtisO

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I applied to a University SOM (1.25 hr from home) for several jobs (maybe 15 clinical research coordinator and 2 bench/wet-lab research). I was introduced to the position by a professor at my University. I did not realize it was a bench position. It is with an MD/PhD PI but my understanding is that it is not a clinical position, rather it is hard science research. Anyways, I have two interviews (the bench and clinical). I accepted both but I realized only one was in person and it is the bench position. I realized this after looking at the job site to review the job responsibilites, etc.

I do not want to do science research (in future or now) and feel that I will not get too far with a project this year (applying now during gap year). I would really like to do other work (especially if I have to drive 2.5 hr round trip). Do I just go and get interview practice or send an email tonight to cancel for tomorrow? I am super late and feel super bad, uggghhhh but I do not want to do something I do not like (assuming I got the position). Any and all help/reccomendations are appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.