I will Help Wreb Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Prosthoman

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please post any questions you have I will try to help you as much as I can in my best ability.

Members don't see this ad.

Mix very thick sealer, or clean it up with alcohol soaked-cotton pellet.
I use vertical condensation technique, so I remove most of sealer during down pack & don't have that problem.

Mix very thick sealer, or clean it up with alcohol soaked-cotton pellet.
I use vertical condensation technique, so I remove most of sealer during down pack & don't have that problem.

I'm obturating the canal with thermafill....some people told me not to use sealer.......what do u guys think????

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi prosthoman,
Do you know anyone other than duggans who can give a course for california clinical exam? or any dentist who can just show me once how yo do the preparations?

Can you tell us about the CSW and PTAP quetions?whatever you remember.

I need dental assisstant for my SRTA exam on June6, at VCU,if somebody are interested please let me know,I will pay for service,thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
All of the items needed for endo are provided.

You'll have to bring your own Cavitron, or rent one from the school.

Thanks,for Endo what system they have Thermafill or continous wave(Abtura gun and systemB or calamus)?

Thanks,for Endo what system they have Thermafill or continous wave(Abtura gun and systemB or calamus)?

They have obtura guns and will provide hand files, rotary files, handpieces, and GP cones. Arizona teaches warm vertical condensation, so they'll have all the instruments for that.

If that doesn't suit you, bring the additional items you like.

For the cavitron issue- I brought a cavitron just in case (even though the school had everything available to borrow with no additional fee) and I am so happy I did bc they were running out. I've taken the NERBs too, so I knew a few little tricks... To lessen any bleeding before you send the patient for grading- I soaked a cotton roll in the anesthetic and dabbed it over the gingiva. Also, you might want to give your patient a little extra anesthesia right before they go to grading because it sometimes takes a while in line, the anesthesia wears off and then it appears as though you haven't done a good job of pain control.

For endo- When mounting a central or lateral maxillary incisor, you will NOT be able to mount it with the proclination exactly matching the typodont tooth on the articulator. If you procline it that much, you'll see on your xray that your tooth will be lying on the plastic box. So, you WILL have to align it more upright than the central typodont tooth. Don't let that freak you out- we all had to do that. I did 2 teeth on the same quadrant, so I was able to do the access to both simultaneously and then clean/shape at the same time. They are very particular about having your rubber dam in place, so you cannot be tricky about this. I heard a couple ppl get reprimanded for their improper rubber dam placement. The examiner was very nice, but was strict about this one point.

Also, 2 pieces of advice: 1) Bring plenty of xray packets. Hand dipping doesn't always turn out looking that fabulous and you may need to retake. 2) Bring a portable hair dryer to quickly dry the radiographs. Air drying (which I did) took up to 15 min! Hair dryers can get it done in 1 min.

For operative: WREB requires that the caries reaches the DEJ. Therefore, MANY MANY of us found that when we opened it up our "ideal" looking lesions were much bigger and had to do modifications. Don't be afraid to request mods IF it really is bigger than ideal- I did like 5 modification requests and got them all approved no pink slips and did just fine overall.

For the CSW exam: I am not a fast test taker, and even I finished early. So time is not an issue. The perio portion was almost exactly like the practice questions floating around. The prostho was similar too- but the 3D models were strange, so test them out in the tutorial time.

PATP: Most ppl got questions on patients who needed prostho work. However, there were a good number of us who got a PEDO case! Don't forget to review pediatric cases. My kid had a heart issue, so recall the antibiotic mg amounts before hand. Also, I noticed that the manual put "Give OHI" once in the beginning of the tx plan and once at the end, so I also wrote it twice. I guess for emphasis.

I'm sure I forgot to mention stuff...

Thanks alot for the information
For the cavitron issue- I brought a cavitron just in case (even though the school had everything available to borrow with no additional fee) and I am so happy I did bc they were running out. I've taken the NERBs too, so I knew a few little tricks... To lessen any bleeding before you send the patient for grading- I soaked a cotton roll in the anesthetic and dabbed it over the gingiva. Also, you might want to give your patient a little extra anesthesia right before they go to grading because it sometimes takes a while in line, the anesthesia wears off and then it appears as though you haven't done a good job of pain control.

Also, 2 pieces of advice: 1) Bring plenty of xray packets. Hand dipping doesn't always turn out looking that fabulous and you may need to retake. 2) Bring a portable hair dryer to quickly dry the radiographs. Air drying (which I did) took up to 15 min! Hair dryers can get it done in 1 min.
What is xray packet?what kind of developing system they are using?isn't the automatic one which dry the film by itself?

For operative: WREB requires that the caries reaches the DEJ. Therefore, MANY MANY of us found that when we opened it up our "ideal" looking lesions were much bigger and had to do modifications. Don't be afraid to request mods IF it really is bigger than ideal- I did like 5 modification requests and got them all approved no pink slips and did just fine overall.

For the CSW exam: I am not a fast test taker, and even I finished early. So time is not an issue. The perio portion was almost exactly like the practice questions floating around. The prostho was similar too- but the 3D models were strange, so test them out in the tutorial time.
Where can I find practice questions?

They have obtura guns and will provide hand files, rotary files, handpieces, and GP cones. Arizona teaches warm vertical condensation, so they'll have all the instruments for that.

If that doesn't suit you, bring the additional items you like.

Thanks alot.I haven't received my package yet so I still don't know if we need 2 teeth for Endo,one anterior and one poterior or not?and should do them both from access to obturation?posterior should be a molar or can be a premolar with one canal?can you help with that?Thanks

Thanks alot.I haven't received my package yet so I still don't know if we need 2 teeth for Endo,one anterior and one poterior or not?and should do them both from access to obturation?posterior should be a molar or can be a premolar with one canal?can you help with that?Thanks

In answer to your last 2 posts...
Sorry 'bout the confusion. By xray packet, I meant bring enough film. Not all schools will be using their automatic developers for the endo section since you have to stay in the room... and can't be coming in and out. When I took it, they had set out a bunch of hand developer boxes. It isn't hard- just dip the film in the developer-water-fixer-water.

I hear the UCLA ppl have a lot of practice questions for CSW bc they review for it at school. Definitely ask one of them. We don't train for the WREB over here, so I'm probably a poor source for those resources.

For Endo- You will need to work on 2 teeth (1 anterior and 1 posterior tooth with at least 2 canals). A premolar IS acceptable as long as it has 2 canals. A premolar with only 1 canal will be rejected. You will do the access, cleaning/shaping, and fill. For the posterior tooth you only need to clean/shape and fill one of the canals. However, you have to open your access properly such that the other canals can be identified.

Yes, you need two teeth (one anterior and one posterior). That does not vary from exam site to exam site. When did you register for the exam, and did you send them all the needed information? It seems like you should have at least received the Candidate Guide and school information already.

Arizona uses digital radiographs, and the only section that uses traditional (film) packets is endo. Those radiographs are done using hand chemistry (hand dipping in the tanks), so they are not dried by machine. They are air dried (or using blow drier, alcohol, etc.)

I assume the final PAs are for obturation grading....so on the final films, do the master cone or therma fill core have to be already trimmed and the chamber clean???? Because if yes, we would need pretty much to do final films twice, since we can't clean the chamber e finish completely b4 seeing the final....
Anybody knows????

Tks!

I assume the final PAs are for obturation grading....so on the final films, do the master cone or therma fill core have to be already trimmed and the chamber clean???? Because if yes, we would need pretty much to do final films twice, since we can't clean the chamber e finish completely b4 seeing the final....
Anybody knows????

Tks!

The final films are for grading of everything (although portions of access are graded clinically as well as radiographically), so everything needs to be clean and in the condition you are submitting the tooth in.

I only took 2-3 radiographs when I did the endo last time. One for master file length, one for master cone fit, and one final radiograph. The file length one can be avoided.

Do I have to wait 4 wks for the results ? The waiting game is killing me. :(:( I finished all exam portions yesterday in Cleveland. Damn... it was the most stressful days of my life. I didn't have any pink slip or rejections and had just 1 mod for the distal pit. Good luck with everyone other there on the next Wreb's exam.

Here at UNLV, half the class got theirs Saturday and for some of us... there was nothing in there again today. What does THAT mean? For those of you who didn't pass the first time, did your results come a few days later??:eek:

I am, but I'm currently in New York.
Hi Gavin,do you know if we should have our own Dycal,GI,Copalite,all shade of composite and composite kit,gun,....light cure in Mesa dental school or those are provided?

Here at UNLV, half the class got theirs Saturday and for some of us... there was nothing in there again today. What does THAT mean? For those of you who didn't pass the first time, did your results come a few days later??:eek:

Does our school receive the results before us ?

Hi Gavin,do you know if we should have our own Dycal,GI,Copalite,all shade of composite and composite kit,gun,....light cure in Mesa dental school or those are provided?

You'll need all of your own composite stuff (except etch and Bond, but I'd advise you to bring the items you are used to using).

Is anybody here taking their boards or practing dentistry in Seattle? I will be taking the Wreb on june 18th and I need help finding patients and assistant in Seattle. Tks!

Just completed the CSW exam, we'll see how it goes this time around. Prosth. had some strange questions that I had no clue about--either because I once knew them and have since forgotten after doing pedo for the past year, or because I never learned them the first time around. We shall see.

I need help with and the best study guides for the PATP portion of the WREB.

Bumping this thread ! Can anyone help with the latest issues of the CSW exam!

I am using patient services for WREB exam in Dec'08. From the radiograph class III lesion perfect but radio-graph and model I do not really see a contact point. Should I be worried? How can I confirm if contact point is there?

I need help with the perio part CSW exam, anybody knows any study material or questions ....thanx

If pt presents with hear murmur and replaced hip joint does the pt need premedication for which condition?

Can someone please let me know!? Thanks!

If pt presents with hear murmur and replaced hip joint does the pt need premedication for which condition?

Only the following patients will be required to take antibiotics prior to dental treatment:
1. Prosthetic cardiac valve (implantation)
2. A history of previous infection of the heart - infective endocarditis
3. A history of an unrepaired congenital heart defect
4. Cardiac transplantation recipients who develop cardiac valve disease

so the answer is NO.

Hi
I understand your answer but what about IF PT have RHEUMATIC FEVER - that will predispose infective endocardititis right? or no? I am confused
SO we premed. for RHEUMATIC FEVER?

Please let me know! Thanks!

I have failed once on NERB written exam. I need you advices on NERB exam. any suggestions and advices from any one will be welcome and appreciated. special from Dr. prosthoman.
thanks

With respect to Perfect, the answer is MAYBE. It's unnecessary for the heart murmur, but if the hip replacement took place within the last couple years you should think seriously about covering with antibiotics to prevent joint infection. I've treated a few patients with joint prosthesis infections, and they are NOT pretty.

Hi I am taking the exam in 2 weeks at UCLA I have the modupro typodont (PINK TYPODONT) but I was told that all the ucla students have the columbia endo typodont (ALL WHITE TYPODONT), do you think I should go buy the columbia typodont for the ucla exam so I can be like every student or if I take with the acadental will they say "she is international" and grade me low than average? We all want to think that they grade us by our access, and obturation not by the color of the typodont, but what if they actually discriminate who has a different typodont than the others??? please let me know I am hesitant in spending almost 500.00 for a new endotypodont.
What would you do?

Hi I am taking the exam in 2 weeks at UCLA I have the modupro typodont (PINK TYPODONT) but I was told that all the ucla students have the columbia endo typodont (ALL WHITE TYPODONT), do you think I should go buy the columbia typodont for the ucla exam so I can be like every student or if I take with the acadental will they say "she is international" and grade me low than average? We all want to think that they grade us by our access, and obturation not by the color of the typodont, but what if they actually discriminate who has a different typodont than the others??? please let me know I am hesitant in spending almost 500.00 for a new endotypodont.
What would you do?

You know what ,you make a lot of sense. We've been told that we don't need to stand out in any manner,because as it was described foreign trained dentists have a red flag following them through out the exam,so BLEND IN....:laugh:

hi everybody,
please can someone help me a question, i'll be taking the wreb next year but i want to get ready.

1) i have a pt with ideal #2-M caries. but, #31 is gone, and #32 barely occludes with the distal of #2. will this qualify? i read in my friend's candidate manual that you just need "some" contact with the opposing dentition.

thanks so much everybody!
g