I'm withdrawing my acceptance to...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know a lot of people got accepted to multiple schools, so first off congrats! Those of us on the wait list (me) want to know what schools you are withdrawing acceptances from so we know how much hope to have about getting off the wait list.

Withdrawing from:
declining wait list spots from:
decided on/deciding between:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
declining from: AT Still Missouri
deciding between: Michigan and Marquette

Members don't see this ad :)
Declining to UMKC and MWU AZ

I chose Creighton

Reactions: 1 users
Are you saying that so you can go to Michigan or do you really have an opinion? Cause it's really killing me deciding between the two.
I want to go to Michigan lol. I didn't get an interview at marquette, but I've heard great things about it as well. Either choice you make really can't be wrong, they are two very great schools. :) good luck

Reactions: 1 user
Declining: MWU-AZ
Withdrawing (silent) wait list: LECOM
I'm going to Pittsburgh.

Reactions: 6 users
Declining acceptances to : Creighton, MWU AZ, MWU IL, NOVA, UNLV, and OHSU

Still deciding Between: VCU(100k Scholarship) and UoP (60k Scholarship). 90% sure I'm headed to VCU though.

Declining: UMKC
Deciding Between: Colorado (OOS), MWU-AZ and Creighton. I'm lost in trying to make this decision, if anyone wants to put their two cents in your opinion would be welcome!
Are you taking out loans or going the through the military or getting some other type of scholarship? Because that would completely change my answer.

Are you taking out loans or going the through the military or getting some other type of scholarship? Because that would completely change my answer.
Loans, so that likely takes MWU-AZ out of the mix but leaves me with Colorado and Creighton at the same price

Loans, so that likely takes MWU-AZ out of the mix but leaves me with Colorado and Creighton at the same price
Creighton was honestly my first choice before receiving those scholarships. I want to be a general dentist and although Creighton is definitely behind in facilities when compared to other schools, there are few schools that will get you more clinical experience than Creighton. With that said Colorado is also a great school and I don't think you can really go wrong with either.

didn't interview (or apply) to colorado but i have visited Denver and Bolder. They are two of the most amazing cities i've ever seen. Omaha...not as much.

Members don't see this ad :)
didn't interview (or apply) to colorado but i have visited Denver and Bolder. They are two of the most amazing cities i've ever seen. Omaha...not as much.
This is the biggest problem for me, I'd rather be in Denver because I love it, but I think I might be better off education-wise in Omaha even though I wouldn't be as happy there

Declining: minnesota, maryland, mwu-az
Deciding between: UW (in state) and CWRU

Declining: Ohio State, Iowa, Pittsburgh, Marquette, and VCU

Going to Michigan!!!! :biglove:

Reactions: 2 users
Declining: UNLV and WesternU

Attending: Nova! my wife got in to Nova's PA program so we will be starting together!!! couldnt be happier that we were able to get into the same school, many people doubted it would happen when we were applying. I even thought it was a long shot! but dreams do come true!

also, i have 4 friends that were accepted to multiple schools who will be declining: 3 spots at UNLV, 2 at MWU-AZ, 1 at LECOM, 2 at Louisville, 2 at Roseman, 2 at AT Still.....there will be plenty of movement, guys and gals on waitlists! your time will come

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
Declining Nova, Tufts, and Boston University

Attending: The University of Florida!! Go Gators!!

Last edited:
Withdrawing from: Tufts, VCU, LECOM
declining wait list spots from: Minnesota
decided on/deciding between: UNE or other waitlisted schools (michigan/marquette) if accepted in the future

Declining: NYU, Temple, Maryland

Deciding between: Rutgers and Columbia

Declining: BU, NYU, Nova, UNE, Roseman, Pittsburgh

Deciding: Rutgers vs. UPenn

dude why are you still deciding
Haha we have family currently attending Uop and it's a lot closer to home so I at least entertained the thought but i just put down my deposit to vcu this morning!

Declining: nova, case (I was very interested in it until they say no budget to extend me a scholarship offer)
Attending: UF

Declining: nova, case (I was very interested in it until they say no budget to extend me a scholarship offer)
Attending: UF
Little pre-mature on the "Dental Student" designation, don't you think? ;)

Just messing with you! I'm an FSU fan - born and raised in Tallahassee.
WOAH. Me too. But attended UGA for undergrad. UF is going to be a rough transition for dental school....

WOAH. Me too. But attended UGA for undergrad. UF is going to be a rough transition for dental school....
Cool! Where did you go to high school? I haven't lived in Tallahassee since 2006.

Declining nyu, mosdoh, case, minnesota, rutgers, lecom. Tryna decide between ucsf and temple. Biggest dilemma is ucsf is on the other side of the country from where I live.

Everyone's got such awesome schools to choose from! Congrats guys!

Declining BU and MWU-AZ
Deciding between UF and NOVA - (in state)

Declining Nova and Boston University

Attending: The University of Florida!! Go Gators!!
Did you make that decision because of their new football coach? lol

Declining Case, NYU and USC.
Still waiting to hear back from Columbia but will most likely decline.

Picked UCLA

Declining: Maryland, Michigan
Deciding: Indiana (In state and scholarship) :)

GOD IS GOOD

Reactions: 9 users
Declining: Marquette (I am only waitlisted, though), Temple (declining interview), UoP (declining interview)
Deciding: Minnesota (In-state)(currently go for undergrad), Penn (no scholarship...(yet?))

Any advice? My heart says Penn, but my brain says Minn.

Why Penn:
A change. I am currently at Minnesota for undergrad. Part of me wants to see a different area of the country for a few years.
I would feel more driven at Penn
LOVE the people, the campus, and the historic city of Philadelphia
Undecided about specializing
I'm young and not in debt from undergrad
Would LOVE to do NHSC or IHS to help pay for it (I plan to work in those kinds of settings anyway), BUT getting those scholarships isn't guaranteed (and can prevent you from specializing immediately)

Why Minnesota:
It's like this: It is probably at least $25k *per year* less expensive to go to Minnesota, with no real difference in earning potential or chance to specialize.

First of all, congrats to all accepted students. Secondly, Is there anone withdrawing from UT-Memphis/ Tennessee? (IN-STATE)?

Did you make that decision because of their new football coach? lol

Haha YES! lol jk. But hopefully we'll have a better season next yr. The past two years were...... ehem not our best :p

Not 100% decided but likely declining Penn, Columbia, Buffalo, and Rutgers in favor of Maryland.

Those people who received multiple acceptances in Texas school. First off, congratulations! Which school will you be picking?

I'm accepting my offer to Creighton, and, reluctantly, declining my offer at Iowa. They're both good schools, but I'm mostly choosing based upon location... I love Omaha. Also, I have a military HPSP scholarship, so cost wasn't really a factor. I also told UNC that they can remove my name from their list of applicants, so there's at least one less OOS applicant to compete with if you fall into that category! Haha.

Declining: MWU-IL, Marquette, UDM

GO BLUE!

Reactions: 5 users
Marquette was awesome, but I will be declining their offer and going to Minnesota! whoop whoop!

Cancelled NYU interview
Declining MWU-AZ :(
Attending University of Michigan!

Reactions: 2 users
First of all, congrats to all accepted students. Secondly, Is there anone withdrawing from UT-Memphis/ Tennessee? (IN-STATE)?

Hi! My friend is declining her offer from Tennessee but she is out of state. (she doesn't use sdn)