I'm withdrawing my acceptance to...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Withdrawing my acceptance to Maryland OOS. This really stinks. I would've loved to attend Maryland. It was probably my first choice and my favorite school overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You guys decide fast ._.

I'm usually very fast on decisions but this one is still bothering me.

Reactions: 1 users
Withdrawing my acceptance to Maryland OOS. This really stinks. I would've loved to attend Maryland. It was probably my first choice and my favorite school overall.

Then why are you withdrawing your acceptance?

Hey everyone, I've been a longtime lurker and figured now would be a good time to give back to the community. Very grateful for all of my acceptances and pumped to attend UConn. Hope I free up some spots for all those waiting and wish you guys/girls the best.

Declining: Maryland, UNE, UPenn, Rutgers, Pitt, Minnesota, Nova, Midwestern-AZ
Accepting: UConn

May I ask your stats and when you had your application materials completed?

Then why are you withdrawing your acceptance?
Family. My wife rather stay closer to WI. So I kind of have to take one for the team. We have friends in MN, but we don't know anyone in Maryland.

Withdrawing Marquette, BU, and Nova

Probably declining Penn due to cost tomorrow. I otherwise loved it...

BUT, happy to be able to stay at Minnesota!

Today I am declining Baylor and sending my letter of intent to UTSD-Houston! I am not declining Penn until the deposit deadline mid-January but unless I received a max scholarship, I will be attending Houston. Can't wait to meet any fellow UTSD classmates! Penn is an incredible school and if money is not really an issue for you, please GO.
(Previously declined: San Antonio, Columbia)

Declining Temple & Maryland
Will be attending Tufts University School of Dental Medicine! :biglove:

Members don't see this ad :)
Declining: Nova, Columbia
Waitlisted: Harvard
Deciding between: VCU and UNC!

Declining Rutgers and Temple. Attending Columbia!

Just declined San Antonio. That was so hard to do...

Just declined MWU-AZ, Colorado, UMKC and will be attending Creighton!

declining offers to minnesota, indiana, detroit, and midwestern az.
withdrawing from usc waitlist.
accepting offer to michigan!

hope this helps fellow sdn-ers!
happy new year everyone!

Reactions: 6 users
Why did you all choose the schools that you chose for dental school?

Withdrawing acceptances to CWRU, NYU, and Buffalo.

Accepting offer from Maryland!

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone withdrawing from Louisville that is out of state?

Why do some schools ask you to let them know which school you are planning to attend after you send them an email declining their acceptance offer? Just curious

Declined Temple, Columbia, UPenn, Tufts and UF

Attending Maryland!

Declined Temple, Columbia, UPenn, Tufts and UF

Attending Maryland!

Would you possible be able to say what the date your deposit was due (assuming you were Dec. 1st accepted)?

Offers Declined: OOS: UTHSC-Memphis, Louisville, MUSC, LSU In-State: UF, Nova, LECOM
Waitlist Declined: GRU
Offer Accepted: UAB! :happy:

Offers Declined: OOS: UTHSC-Memphis, Louisville, MUSC, LSU In-State: UF, Nova, LECOM
Waitlist Declined: GRU
Offer Accepted: UAB! :happy:

Any reason why you decided UAB over UF? Especially IS.

Declined- Penn and Pitt
Accepted- Rutgers (Jersey Pride!)

Declined: UNE, Maryland, Case, BU, Tufts

Accepted: Pitt!!

Well, change of plans! Last week I received a scholarship to Penn that I had been hoping for since day 1, so I've withdrawn from UTSD-Houston, and accepted the offer!
Can't wait to move across the country and meet everyone at Penn Dental!

Reactions: 6 users
Well, change of plans! Last week I received a scholarship to Penn that I had been hoping for since day 1, so I've withdrawn from UTSD-Houston, and accepted the offer!

what ended up being the cost difference between the two with the scholarship? Curious

Glad that you can still go to your #1 school without worrying about the debt. :)

Congrats! How much scholarship did Penn offer you, if you don't mind me asking?

I've withdrawn my acceptances from NYU, CASE, USC. I've also withdrawn interviews from UPenn, UNLV and Tufts, as well as a waitlist spot from Columbia. I hope this is good news for some of you! :) Best of luck everyone!

I've withdrawn my acceptances from NYU, CASE, USC. I've also withdrawn interviews from UPenn, UNLV and Tufts, as well as a waitlist spot from Columbia. I hope this is good news for some of you! :) Best of luck everyone!
When did UPenn and UCLA give you interview notices?

When did UPenn and UCLA give you interview notices?
It's been a while, but I think UPenn notified me around October 16 or something. My original interview date was December 4 (I just didn't post in this thread). UCLA notified me on November 7 and I interviewed there on November 21. Hope that helps!

It's been a while, but I think UPenn notified me around October 16 or something. My original interview date was December 4 (I just didn't post in this thread). UCLA notified me on November 7 and I interviewed there on November 21. Hope that helps!
Thanks! I unfortunately had my application completed late and still haven;t heard any status on mine so...

Thanks! I unfortunately had my application completed late and still haven;t heard any status on mine so...
UCLA started sending out interview invites REALLY late (especially for OOS students), so you might have to be patient to hear from them. I submitted my secondary for UCLA on July 12 and did not hear from them again until November! I had actually already kind of given up on them by then, haha. I hope you hear good news from them soon!

Looking like Im withdrawing my acceptance to UoP and going to UPenn. Pity about the non refundable $1000 deposit, could have put that towards my spring break trip :/

Reactions: 7 users
Looking like Im withdrawing my acceptance to UoP and going to UPenn. Pity about the non refundable $1000 deposit, could have put that towards my spring break trip :/
Would love to join you at U Penn... :( I'm still waiting to hear back...it somehow became that U Penn is the school I want to go to.

Havent heard the greatest things about BU. And well its Columbia. That would be my choice.