Indiana University Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Mine says application complete, I submitted mid-July. When did yours switch to "under review"?

Members don't see this ad :)
do we need to take the Casper before they could even consider our application?

How soon do we need to take casper? Do we have to do it asap? I saw available dates and the next available is in 2-3 days, after that would be another 2 weeks. Or can we wait until after interviews?

How soon do we need to take casper? Do we have to do it asap? I saw available dates and the next available is in 2-3 days, after that would be another 2 weeks. Or can we wait until after interviews?

I would do it as soon as possible :) My scores took a few weeks to send to schools. There really isn’t much preparation that you can do or should do for it anyways

I would do it as soon as possible :) My scores took a few weeks to send to schools. There really isn’t much preparation that you can do or should do for it anyways
How soon between the time you applied for casper and the actual exam? The closest would actually be tomorrow evening. Otherwise I wait til aug. 28th

How soon between the time you applied for casper and the actual exam? The closest would actually be tomorrow evening. Otherwise I wait til aug. 28th
I would just get it done so your scores can be sent to the school so they can start looking at your app. It takes them two weeks to grade. It’s also difficult to study for the Casper exam as it’s a situational judgement test. I didn’t study and just tried my best to look at both sides of the argument and then picked a side and explained my reasoning. Scored in the 4th quartile! You got this, goodluck!

Reactions: 1 user
How long did it take for you guys to get a status change? I applied 9/15 but it still says "none". I know it hasn't been long since I applied, but just want to make sure I am not missing anything

Hi guys! I’m a current D1 at IU and just went through this process last year. So if you have any questions regarding IU’s process or IUSD in general that I can answer I’d be happy to!

I was an IS student, my DAT overall was 19 and I was waitlisted just for reference. Also was my second time applying!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Hi guys! I’m a current D1 at IU and just went through this process last year. So if you have any questions regarding IU’s process that I can answer I’d be happy to!

I was an IS student, my DAT overall was 19 and I was waitlisted just for reference. Also was my second time applying!
Gpa and when you applied?

Hey guys, I am also a current D1 who would be happy to try and answer any questions you may have. I know you start to feel the days tick by waiting to hear anything but don’t doubt yourself and hang in there!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I am also a current D1 who would be happy to try and answer any questions you may have. I know you start to feel the days tick by waiting to hear anything but don’t doubt yourself and hang in there!!
I applied in Sep because I didn't do my casper test until end of Aug. Do you think I applied too late? (I'm in-state if that matters)

I applied in Sep because I didn't do my casper test until end of Aug. Do you think I applied too late? (I'm in-state if that matters)
I wouldn’t say too late, but you may not have been able to take advantage of an early app submission. They didn’t send out any interview invites until early November last year so I would imagine they’re still receiving and reviewing

Has anyone received an interview invite?

Interview invite received today at 7:50 pm.

Congrats! Are you is or oos? Just trying to figure out if they're scheduling interviews depending on that

If you receive an interview offer it will change in AADSAS.. I think it will say something like Invited for Interview if I remember correctly.

Do they send out multiple batches? if so, anyone have an idea of when they'll send those out?

Congrats! Are you is or oos? Just trying to figure out if they're scheduling interviews depending on that
I’m in state as well. I applied 7/15 and then completed supplemental app shortly after. Not sure if they’re going in order received

Do they send out multiple batches? if so, anyone have an idea of when they'll send those out?
Last year they sent out a batch to IS first then OOS and international each week

Just wondering, when they say they use holistic approach in admissions does that mean after the interview they only base acceptance on the interview, or do they go back after the interview and discuss among adcoms the interview, gpa, DAT, Casper, ECs.... of each applicant to make a final decision on who to give acceptances out to?

Just wondering, when they say they use holistic approach in admissions does that mean after the interview they only base acceptance on the interview, or do they go back after the interview and discuss among adcoms the interview, gpa, DAT, Casper, ECs.... of each applicant to make a final decision on who to give acceptances out to?
They analyze everything and the interview is just another part of the process

I am OOS and they sent me interview invite today at 1:00pm. They told me my interview date is next week.

Got an interview invite today at 4 PM est. I'm OOS and gpa: 3.67 and 20 AA.

Interview #8
Notification date: 11/09
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/1
Application complete date: 6/23
GPA (science, overall): 3.6, 3.77
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/19/21/No
Method of interview: Virtual

Does anyone know when the first round of interviews was? It looks like November 3rd on this form.
I just received an interview invitation today!

Also, for the people that went to the Introductory Interview Session, what was that like? How many people attended the Introductory Interview Session? Should I prepare for it? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Also, for the people that went to the Introductory Interview Session, what was that like? How many people attended the Introductory Interview Session? Should I prepare for it? Any help is greatly appreciated!
The introductory interview session was held on Monday of this past week for me. No preparation necessary, it was simply a presentation about school facilities, what to expect from the interview, and an address from the dean. Just dress professionally because each student had their camera on. I believe 55 applicants attended.

Can anyone who was in the info session this past Monday confirm if the first 100 acceptances are being sent out on Dec 1 or Dec 15? I thought they said 1st but I’ve heard 15th as well.

Can anyone who was in the info session this past Monday confirm if the first 100 acceptances are being sent out on Dec 1 or Dec 15? I thought they said 1st but I’ve heard 15th as well.
I believe they said it was December 15th.

This year's soonest date can only be the 15th per ADEA's traffic rules for dental schools. Previous years were December 1st, which is most likely where this confusion came from. But it's the 15th for all schools this year!

The introductory interview session was held on Monday of this past week for me. No preparation necessary, it was simply a presentation about school facilities, what to expect from the interview, and an address from the dean. Just dress professionally because each student had their camera on. I believe 55 applicants attended.
I appreciate your feedback for those who's going to have intro session in near future.

So nothing to prepare - they do not meet and ask us individually or anything like that?

About how much percent of out of state applicants does Indiana accept after the interview?

Does anyone know how many interviews they are doing pre-december?

Also, how did the interview go for people that have already interviewed?

Has anyone gotten tips for the interview? :p I know that it is a closed file...30-min...two interviewers?