internship worth it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunnyz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard of an internship that my friend friend got into, it was about "Cloud formation and how it affects global warming", it is a 1 year internship with a high chance of publication and presenting at national conventions, but requires 8 hours a week. So is it worth it? Its not even related to medicine. I don't if its good for him so I would be grateful to get advice from u guys. (P.S he wants apply to top 20 medical school)

Members don't see this ad.

I heard of an internship that my friend friend got into, it was about "Cloud formation and how it affects global warming", it is a 1 year internship with a high chance of publication and presenting at national conventions, but requires 8 hours a week. So is it worth it? Its not even related to medicine. I don't if its good for him so I would be grateful to get advice from u guys. (P.S he wants apply to top 20 medical school)

This post made me smile.

To clarify, the 'Internship' forum is for medical Interns. interns are doctors who just graduated from medical school last year and are now in their first year of extremely formalized on the job training. You want to post this kind of question in the 'pre-allopathic' forum, which is for college students who are trying to get into medical school.

And to answer your question: if he ends up with a publication in exchange for ony one year of working 8 hours a week I would say that qualifies as a good time investment. You're right that something more medical might be viewed in a marginally better light, but I think this is a situation where the perfect might be an enemy of the good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.