interview for pst doctorate program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jrcny2003

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have got a interview call for post doctorate program in periodontia in BU and i want to know if anyone can tell what they will probably look forward from u in the interview and what sort of things they ask....
i would be great if some one can tell about interview and this is my first so i am tensed

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dear jrcny2003,

Confidence and motivation! Those are the key words. I did interview at one place for another program (pediatric dentistry) and therefore have just that one experience. So I dont know how different perio folks are. But am willing to share my opinion here. I was expecting some techie questions. All they were interested in were how focused and motivated I was. Please be prepared for these Qs: 'Why Perio?' and 'how would you contribute to this field' ...'your past experiences'....

Hope this helps. All the very best.

Anubis

jrcny2003 said:
i have got a interview call for post doctorate program in periodontia in BU and i want to know if anyone can tell what they will probably look forward from u in the interview and what sort of things they ask....
i would be great if some one can tell about interview and this is my first so i am tensed

I have also been called for an interview to the AEGD Program at Rochester. Anybody in the same situation? Can anyone give me an idea of what to expect? This is my first interview.

shelly78 said:
I have also been called for an interview to the AEGD Program at Rochester. Anybody in the same situation? Can anyone give me an idea of what to expect? This is my first interview.
i have applied only for te perio in bu is there any other school which i can apply now...for prostho, endo or perio...let me know if any are still accepting applications.
i am a international student, havent done advanced standing course here.

s
jrcny2003 said:
i have applied only for te perio in bu is there any other school which i can apply now...for prostho, endo or perio...let me know if any are still accepting applications.
i am a international student, havent done advanced standing course here.

hi,
I'm interested in knowing how you applied for post doctorate programme without youra advanced standing in the U.S.Kindly let me know what is the criteria for such a programme & which other schools have such a programme.Thanks.

BOGGU said:
s

hi,
I'm interested in knowing how you applied for post doctorate programme without youra advanced standing in the U.S.Kindly let me know what is the criteria for such a programme & which other schools have such a programme.Thanks.
some schools take in international graduates but now all the deadlines are over and even i came to know of it very late ...i want to apply to more schools but there are no more schools open for the 2005 classes.
u can go to ada.org and see all the colleges ond contact them

jrcny2003 said:
some schools take in international graduates but now all the deadlines are over and even i came to know of it very late ...i want to apply to more schools but there are no more schools open for the 2005 classes.
u can go to ada.org and see all the colleges ond contact them
THANKS.I SURE WILL CHECK THEM.

BOGGU said:
THANKS.I SURE WILL CHECK THEM.
goodluck and plz let me know if u come across any which still has a date open...
i would appreciate if u can mail me and ill let u know if i get to know anything...my id is [email protected]

jrcny2003 said:
goodluck and plz let me know if u come across any which still has a date open...
i would appreciate if u can mail me and ill let u know if i get to know anything...my id is [email protected]
Try applying to Temple univ. for Perio in July 2005. But do call them before.

jrcny2003 said:

i'm curious to know about application procedure. I'm an international student. Could u pl guide me. Planning to do either residency or ADE
thank u

hi guys !
i wd like to know wts the advantage of doing this aegd prog??? does it allow licensure to practise?? does it earn stipend ? is it a kind of speciality or masters degree??
pls throw some light on this. i scored 83 in nbde 1, taking it again next month, am i eligible to apply for aegd...? if yes, which univ? i understand its past deadline...but otherwise...???
appreciate ur input, thanks...mita.