Interview invites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

balikm

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've started hearing about people in other specialties getting interview invites after ERAS opened today. Has anyone gotten interview invites in anesthesia? 244 step 1, waiting on step 2, afraid I'm not going to get any!!

Members don't see this ad.

I've started hearing about people in other specialties getting interview invites after ERAS opened today. Has anyone gotten interview invites in anesthesia? 244 step 1, waiting on step 2, afraid I'm not going to get any!!
You're afraid you won't get any interviews with a 244 step 1? :bullcrap:

Reactions: 1 users
I don't remember this forum being this annoying last year.

"interview invites after ERAS opened today"

???

I really don't get it.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I give this thread a perfect 5/7.

(For reference, gets good about halfway down: )

Reactions: 2 users
Huh, so that's what happens when you post an imgur link...

We only just glanced at some applications today almost as a joke. Interview invites..... Oh come on.

I just got one! My first! Yay! Someone updated the spreadsheet with invites to a bunch of top programs, but I have my suspicions.

I didn't get an invite but I got my first rejection from U Utah

Step 1: 246, Step 2 CK: 239, CS: pass 1st attempt

I didn't get an invite but I got my first rejection from U Utah

Step 1: 246, Step 2 CK: 239, CS: pass 1st attempt
That seems...odd. Do you have some red flag that could have been auto screened.

That seems...odd. Do you have some red flag that could have been auto screened.
Nope, none. The only thing that i can think of is my lack of publications and research experience.

I've heard of a few others that got the same rejection

So I dug into this one at my program, because I was curious. We are not allowed to send out any rejections or interview invites until at the earliest tomorrow (Saturday) per ERAS. Maybe some programs are contacting people directly, but we won't be doing anything until tomorrow (at the absolute earliest).

I imagine most programs are in the same boat, so I am quite surprised to see some offers out there. We have let our home applicants know we will interview them (mostly out of courtesy, honestly).

Maybe they screen out if step2 is less than step 1? Weird.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

We use Step 1 and COMLEX 1 Filters, I do not believe there is a Step 2 filter since so many applicants don't have a score yet. But I only glanced at the interface for a few minutes today.

Other filters available for quick use - AOA/GHHS, US medical grads, MD-only. We do not use all of these, but utilize them more for late applicants coming through.

So I dug into this one at my program, because I was curious. We are not allowed to send out any rejections or interview invites until at the earliest tomorrow (Saturday) per ERAS. Maybe some programs are contacting people directly, but we won't be doing anything until tomorrow (at the absolute earliest).

I imagine most programs are in the same boat, so I am quite surprised to see some offers out there. We have let our home applicants know we will interview them (mostly out of courtesy, honestly).

I got an invite via ERAS today, and have heard of many getting invites and rejections today.

Last edited:
Nope, none. The only thing that i can think of is my lack of publications and research experience.

I've heard of a few others that got the same rejection
It's such a mystery the different systems programs use to pick applicants. I don't have any research either, so either that's not it or they go through and apply their screenings in bunches.

Yeah, my invite was from my home program. Still exciting though, dammit.

For those neurotic med students, my program in the south doesn't even really look at apps till deans letter. That's what our Chiefs told us.

They will auto invite home med students regardless of step score, therefore they get invites almost immediately just based on home field advantage.

Not getting invites from a program this early usually points to criteria like a USMLE failure, overall status of medical school (off-shore AMG or FMG -hard to judge or verify credentials of school and/or applicant), or some other glitch that is caught by a screening process. Most programs have not even started to scrutinize applications. Contacting a program can clear this up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user