Interviewing far away

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

veenut

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who had multiple interviews far away, how did you manage to attend all of them during the year? Is it possible to lump all the interviews for schools in one area together? Do schools take requests like that?

I'm in Jersey and I'd like to apply to a few Cali schools, but I dunno how I'd manage to go to all those interviews (obviously if I'm lucky enough to get a few). I don't want to have to go to Stanford, USC, UCLA, etc. on three different trips.

Members don't see this ad.

vn2004 said:
For those of you who had multiple interviews far away, how did you manage to attend all of them during the year? Is it possible to lump all the interviews for schools in one area together? Do schools take requests like that?

I'm in Jersey and I'd like to apply to a few Cali schools, but I dunno how I'd manage to go to all those interviews (obviously if I'm lucky enough to get a few). I don't want to have to go to Stanford, USC, UCLA, etc. on three different trips.
most of time you can't. but if the stars are aligned just right for you, its possible. usually for the CA schools when you call them and say you will be in the area and want to know if they have reviewed your file to see if you will get an interview...they can just give you the run around...."no your file hasnt been reviewed yet," or "things are running a little slow, because of the massive amts of applications this cycle," etc...you get what i mean. but you can try.