Invitations to Interviews!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TNgal21

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I remember last year some people started a thread for interviews and subsequently for acceptances later in the year. I'd love to start that again because it helped me see approximate ranges when I should be expecting interviews and acceptances (hopefully not rejections!) for this year's cycle.

I heard back from SCO in Memphis for an interview. Any others? Goood luckk everyone!! :D

kiwi5frog suggested we have a general format, which is fantastic!

Date submitted to OptomCAS:
Date accepted by college:
Interview Invitation Extended: for (school name)
Interview Scheduled:
Supplemental app extended/submitted:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
thanks for starting this up again, congrats on ur interview
i have yet to submit my application so i will post on here in a while, lol

Interview at SCO next month, hopefully I'll be hearing back from some others soon.:xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Decided to go as early as I could, September 10th

I was offered an interview at UAB a few weeks ago. It is set up for Sept. 24th :)

I just recieved an email from the director of admissions at SCO, and apparently my invitation dates are coming soon. I just have to choose which day in Sep.
SO EXCITED!!

For those of you that already got an invite, what are your stats if you don't mind me asking?

I got an interview at salus coming up in early Sept. Does anyone know if any other schools have granted interviews yet...besides the 3 mentioned??
Thanks and Good Luck!!

I got an interview at salus coming up in early Sept. Does anyone know if any other schools have granted interviews yet...besides the 3 mentioned??
Thanks and Good Luck!!
How long did it take to hear from Salus? Thanks and good luck with the interview!

They emailed me on Aug. 16 and said that they had received my application and I got the interview invite on Aug.20. So they were pretty quick and getting back to me and truthfully I was a little suprised but hopefully everything works out.

For those of you that already got an invite, what are your stats if you don't mind me asking?

to be honest they don`t even have my application yet! they just got my OAT score. His email was only based on my OAT, because I just sent my transcripts. My average science was 400 and academic average 350. GPA 3.3

so they can offer you interviews even if your application is not fully complete? (i.e. missing some LORs etc)

Members don't see this ad :)

My interview was based on my gpa and OAT score as well. gpa 3.71 and 320 AA&TS OAT score. I'm wondering how it'll work if they don't have my complete app before my interview date. Anyone know? Obviously, I'm sending my stuff in; I mean getting verified, LORs, etc.

They hadn't received my application yet either, and my stats aren't fantastic:

AA and TS 320
GPA 3.24

I just scheduled my interview for PCO today! So excited! Good luck everyone :)

I got an interview invite from Nova and PCO!! :) I scheduled both in September

How did pco contact u guys for the interview? e-mail or letters?

I got an interview invite from Nova and PCO!! :) I scheduled both in September

When did you submit your app? Nova is tied for my first choice with SCO so I'm just wanting to gauge when I should expect an invite. Thanks!

I got an Interview invite to UMSL

xxstealmykissez Was their a secondary application for PCO?
How long did it take nova to get back to you after sending the application

Hey TNgal, May I make a suggestion for the first post? For those posting their interviews, post in a format such as:

Date submitted to OptomCAS
: xx/xx/xx
Date accepted by college: xx/xx/xx
Interview Invitation Extended: xx/xx/xx for SCO/PCO/Etc
Interview Scheduled: xx/xx/xx

^_^

Some extras might be:
"Supplemental app extended/submitted" since some schools send out supp apps only after optomcas has sent them the scores

TNgal21: i submitted my supplemental app to nova on the 16th
eyer21: no secondary for PCO

Has anyone heard from Western or SCCO?

I talked to Dr. Munroe from SCCO yesterday, and she said they haven't started issuing interview dates yet. I'd look out for an email from them mid-september.

Thanks OctoDocto! Let's cross our fingers for an interview!

Oh don't worry, they've been crossed for some time now. Haha, good luck to you!

Date submitted to OptomCAS: 08/14/2010
Date accepted by college: 08/31/2010
Interview Invitation Extended: PCO
Interview Scheduled: 09/21/2010

Date submitted to OptomCAS: 07/23/2010
Date OptomCAS application mailed: 08/19/2010
Date accepted by college: 08/20/2010
Interview Invitation Extended: ICO
Interview Scheduled: 09/27/2010
Supplemental app extended: 08/23/2010
Supplemental app submitted: Mailed on 08/30/2010

So to let you ICO hopefuls know, interviews for ICO begin on September 13, 2010. I picked a later date so I could get cheaper airfare and because my final LOR will be submitted by that time. Hope this helps. To those of you who messaged me, I will reply to your messages by the end of today.

Last edited:
CN2 if you dont mind me asking, what are your stats and did u have eerything submitted (LOR, OAT scores etc) thanks!

chaudm, I've sent you a private message with all the information. Hope that helps.

I just received a call from UIWSO! I have an interview next Friday 9/10/2010.

Quick question, can you get an invite to interview without taking the OAT? I plan to take it soon, but just wondered if I may get asked for interviews without it. Thanks!

Quick question, can you get an invite to interview without taking the OAT? I plan to take it soon, but just wondered if I may get asked for interviews without it. Thanks!

Yes you can. I have yet to take my OAT and I have an interview at PCO on September 21st. It depends on the program your applying too and your credentials.

Yes you can. I have yet to take my OAT and I have an interview at PCO on September 21st. It depends on the program your applying too and your credentials.

Ok awesome! Thank you! Well good luck at your interview! and your future OAT.

Would you mind me asking what your stats are?

Date submitted to OptomCAS: 08/21/10
Date accepted by college: 09/2/10
Interview Invitation Extended: 09/03/10 for IUCO
Interview Scheduled: 10/01/2010

Hey guys (and gals), I applied to 4 schools, still waiting to hear back from the other 3. IUCO surprised me, because I haven't even submitted a supplemental application yet. Incase you are curious, here are my stats:

CUM GPA: 3.80
Science GPA: 4.00

OAT: TS 370 AA 340

Date submitted to OptomCAS: 08/21/10
Date accepted by college: 09/2/10
Interview Invitation Extended: 09/03/10 for IUCO
Interview Scheduled: 10/01/2010

Hey guys (and gals), I applied to 4 schools, still waiting to hear back from the other 3. IUCO surprised me, because I haven't even submitted a supplemental application yet. Incase you are curious, here are my stats:

CUM GPA: 3.80
Science GPA: 4.00

OAT: TS 370 AA 340

nice stats man
i have a question tho, how did u get accepted already if you didnt go to interview yet?

My apologizes, I see how that can be misleading. I meant that they accepted my OptomCAS application on that date, not that I have been admitted. That would be pretty AWESOME though! Cheers.

Date submitted to OptomCAS: 8/26/2010
Date mailed by OptomCAS: 9/2/2010
Supplemental app submitted: 8/26/2010
Date application was accepted by college: 9/8/2010
Interview Invitation Extended: 9/9/2010 for UHCO
Interview Scheduled: 10/15/2010

so excited!

oh i just noticed
yeah i saw that everyone posted like that so i got it eventually

Date submitted to OptomCAS: 8/26/2010
Date mailed by OptomCAS: 9/2/2010
Supplemental app submitted: 8/26/2010
Date application was accepted by college: 9/8/2010
Interview Invitation Extended: 9/9/2010 for UHCO
Interview Scheduled: 10/15/2010

so excited!
can you please tell me what your scores were for the oat and what your gpa is? my application just got received by uhco and I am curious about my chances for an interview!

Date submitted to OptomCAS: 8/25/2010
Date accepted by college: 9/3/2010
Interview Invitation Extended: NECO (9/8/2010)
Interview Scheduled: TBA

Date submitted to OptomCAS: 07/23/2010
Date OptomCAS application mailed: 08/19/2010
Date accepted by college: 08/20/2010
Interview Invitation Extended: NECO (09/08/2010)
Interview Scheduled: 10/15/2010 or 10/29/2010
Supplemental app extended/submitted: 07/23/2010

Hey, everyone! Scheduled my interview on Sept 21 with PCO. They've received my application , but I haven't taken OAT yet. The date for my OAT is Dec 7th. Does anyone know how the admission works? I mean how are they going to make a decision without my oat scores? Or will I have to wait for decision after my scores are sent to them ?

Hey, everyone! Scheduled my interview on Sept 21 with PCO. They've received my application , but I haven't taken OAT yet. The date for my OAT is Dec 7th. Does anyone know how the admission works? I mean how are they going to make a decision without my oat scores? Or will I have to wait for decision after my scores are sent to them ?

Congratulations! Do you mind posting your stats??

Also, I heard that if your interview goes well, they will give you a pending acceptance until they receive your OAT scores.

Goooood luck :)

There's two scenarios I can think of, they will either wait until the OAT scores come in or they could offer you an acceptance conditional upon you receiving a certain OAT score. Good luck!

Date submitted to OptomCAS: 8/3/2010
Date mailed by OptomCAS: 9/9/2010 (It got held up by my transcripts being sent out late)
Interview Invitation Extended: 9/14/2010 for SCCO
Interview Scheduled: 10/2/2010

I'm sooo excited! I'm booking the flight now (6 hours long!) Anyone else interviewing at SCCO that day/weekend?

Date submitted to OptomCAS: 8/3/2010
Date mailed by OptomCAS: 9/9/2010 (It got held up by my transcripts being sent out late)

I'm sooo excited! I'm booking the flight now (6 hours long!) Anyone else interviewing at SCCO that day/weekend?

I'm also interviewing that day!! :) which time did you pick?

Date submitted to OptomCAS: 7/31/2010
Date mailed by OptomCAS: 8/12/2010