Invitations to Interviews!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Date submitted to OptomCAS: 8/4/2010
Date mailed by OptomCAS: 8/17/2010
Date received by college: 8/23/2010
Interview Invitation Extended: 10/4/2010 for WesternU
Interview Scheduled: 10/15/2010

Went. Loved it! Can't wait to hear back!

Members don't see this ad.

Interview Invitation Extended: for UIW
Interview Scheduled: November 5th
Supplemental app extended/submitted: October 18th

The outside of the school is rather unattractive, but other than that seems like a great emerging program. The staff was amazing, very professional and kind. the interview was great the interviewer was relaxed and friendly. had a great time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Personally it looks like a jail house from the outside, i got offered $3000.00 towards first year tuition to go there! Rather desperate program, that looks terrible on the outside. I dont know about you guys, but I wouldn't want to walk through the front door of a jailhouse for 4 years. Just my 2 cents.

Personally it looks like a jail house from the outside, i got offered $3000.00 towards first year tuition to go there! Rather desperate program, that looks terrible on the outside. I dont know about you guys, but I wouldn't want to walk through the front door of a jailhouse for 4 years. Just my 2 cents.

HunOpt, I see no mention of what school you are referring to. what school are you talking about?

Only $3000? Maybe if they offer me 1/2 or full tuition I would go there. I must say I was interested in UIWSO until this past summer. They sent an email out to everyone that felt like they were just begging for students b/c the cycle had ended and they still hadn't filled their class.

Plus emailing them and viewing their website was anything but informative. I'm not going to even consider sinking 30k/year into your school based on what is planned to happen.

im interviewing at SUNY on Nov 10, anyone else?

im interviewing at SUNY on Nov 10, anyone else?

If you don't mind me asking, when did SUNY receive your application and when did they extend the invitation? Just wondering because they received mine last week but I haven't heard anything yet!

I received an invitation to SCO! I am thinking of going 11/12/2010 not sure yet.

I am going to submit my application this next week and was wondering if anyone with a GPA around a 3.0 and OAT scores around 310-300's have recieved interview invites this early?

I received an invite to PCO and IAUPR back in September and they're in a weekish. PCO is 11/5 and IAUPR is 11/12. I didn't want to miss too much work or school so I had to put them back to back. Since my friends are accompanying me for moral support, I figured it would be a great opportunity for a mini vacay! :)

I had similar stats too...Submitted my application in the beginning of september and took my oat on the very last day of september. I was invited to interview at pco (which I was just accepted to), ico and scco (the last 2 scheduled for mid-november)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
SUNY sends interview invites by snail mail so make sure you are checking the address that you gave them!

Just out of curiosity (i apologize if this post is inappropriate for this thread since this is sort of a specific question) but I just received an invitation to interview at SUNY and was wondering if SUNY has ever a interviewed student first but then told them that to be considered for admissions they must retake the OAT? Correct me if my understanding is completely distorted but I assume that since I already made the cut to get an interview, my OATs scores are somewhat acceptable therefore I wouldn't have to retake the OATs? (Why would they already extend an invite, why not wait to see if I retake?)

I'm curious to find out since I may need to start studying for the retake if that isn't the case (I took my OAT in september therefore won't be able to retake until January). In case some of you may be wondering, I scored below 300 in two sub sections (one of which was physics :()

Just out of curiosity (i apologize if this post is inappropriate for this thread since this is sort of a specific question) but I just received an invitation to interview at SUNY and was wondering if SUNY has ever a interviewed student first but then told them that to be considered for admissions they must retake the OAT? Correct me if my understanding is completely distorted but I assume that since I already made the cut to get an interview, my OATs scores are somewhat acceptable therefore I wouldn't have to retake the OATs? (Why would they already extend an invite, why not wait to see if I retake?)

I'm curious to find out since I may need to start studying for the retake if that isn't the case (I took my OAT in september therefore won't be able to retake until January). In case some of you may be wondering, I scored below 300 in two sub sections (one of which was physics :()

I can't speak for other people, but I know that they told me after the tour that I needed to get a specific score in every section to even be considered. In my case though my gpa wasn't great. Also, this was last year's cycle and not the current one.

Hey guys! Just a reminder to fill out the "interview feedback" forum on here about the schools you interviewed at. It has been pretty bare in the past few years and I want to try updating that again =)

Interview Invitation Extended: PCO
Interview Scheduled: January 18th
Supplemental app extended/submitted: October 26th

All else they had was Thanksgiving and Christmas time.

I just received an interview invite from NSUOCO. Not sure when I will be attending but I am excited.:)

Date submitted to OptomCAS: 8/4/2010
Date mailed by OptomCAS: 8/17/2010
Date received by college: 8/23/2010
Interview Invitation Extended: 10/4/2010 for WesternU
Interview Scheduled: 10/15/2010

Went. Loved it! Can't wait to hear back!

Hey Mandanesss,
How was the interview for WesternU? did it go well for you? have you heard back from them? Any tips you can share? thanks

Hi lilipad312!

My interview went great! It's a behavioral based interview. The interviewers are all very nice and they make sure to maintain a comfortable environment for you. I heard back from them about two weeks after the interview. I'm going to WesternU! :) PM me if you have more questions!

Interviewed at UIWSO IUSO IAUSO.

I have interviewed at three schools all interviews went well I thought. I was accepted to IUSO and IAUSO. Peurto RIco was a crazy and amazing place and will love to visit again, but i am going to Indiana.:D:clap:

I just received an interview to UMSL this morning. I will not be attending though due to me accepting a seat at SCO a month ago.

so far..
interview for UIWSO january 7th
PCO january 26th! (one of my top 4 :))
SUNY wants me to retake OAT D: loll

Date submitted to OptomCAS: 10/12/10
Date received by college: 10/29/10
Interview Invitation Extended: 12/9/10 for WesternU
Interview Scheduled: 1/21/11

It took longer than expected because of the holidays, but I finally got my interview date! :thumbup:

is anyone interviewing for SCCO this saturday or have any hints if you've been already? :) i'm nerrrrvous!

Date submitted to OptomCAS: 12/06/2010
Date received by college: 12/23/10
Interview Invitation Extended: 1/4/11 PCO
Interview Scheduled: 1/14/10

Date submitted to OptomCAS: 12/06/2010
Date received by college: 12/23/10
Interview Invitation Extended: 1/4/11 PCO
Interview Scheduled: 1/14/10

Add:
Interview Invitation Extended: 1/4/11 PCO & NOVA
Interview Scheduled: 1/14/10, 1/28/11 (repectively)

Just wondering, has anyone received an interview before all of the required LOR's were processed?

Just wondering, has anyone received an interview before all of the required LOR's were processed?

I have one prof that is delayed , so yes, both of my interviews revieved today are without a 2nd science prof letter.

Hey gable1011, when did you submit your supplemental and pay the fee to nova? did nova email you or mail you a letter? thanks so much and good luck!

Hey gable1011, when did you submit your supplemental and pay the fee to nova? did nova email you or mail you a letter? thanks so much and good luck!

Ah, I would say that I submitted it this last week around Thursday? Not for sure on the day, but last week sometime. They emailed me today late afternoon, then emailed Fran which interview date I wanted. Thanks and good luck as well!

Date submitted to OptomCAS: 12/12/10
Date mailed by OptomCAS: 12/23/10
Interview Invitation Extended: SCO - 1/10/11 - as soon as I sent my OAT scores
Interview Scheduled: 2/4/10

I'm excited!!

update :]
interviews for western scco pco nova neco uiwso
i didnt go to neco's interview.
i need to retake the oat for suny :( i really want to go there so im
going to study again. but i'm really excited for the interviews!
i didn't think i'd get so many but im really thankful i did :))

did anyone retake the oat for suny and get an interview?

Date submitted to OptomCAS: 11/30/10
Date accepted by college: 12/16/10
Interview Invitation Extended: NSUOCO 12/18/10
Interview Scheduled: 2/3/11

Interview Invitation Extended: SCO 1/10; Nova 1/25; SUNY 2/4; PCO 2/16
Interview Scheduled: SCO 2/4; PCO 2/23; Nova 2/25; SUNY 3/2

Last edited:
Date submitted to OptomCAS: 8/31/10
Date accepted by college: n/a
Interview Invitation Extended: NOVA 2/6/11, UIW 2/17/11, WesternU 3/3/11 (declined), PUCO 3/4/11 (declined), SCO 3/11/11
Interview Scheduled: NOVA 2/25/11, UIW 3/25/11, SCO 4/1/11

Took a long time b/c I took my OAT last week.

Last edited:
I received an invitation to NSU this morning. I will not be attending since I have secured a seat at SCO.

Date submitted to OptomCAS: 1/18/11

Interview Invitation Extended: NOVA: 2/23/11, PCO: 2/23/11, ICO: 2/28/11

Interview Scheduled: NOVA: 3/8/11, PCO: 4/8/11, ICO: 3/18/11

When did ICO ask you to complete supplement?

They sent me the supplementary request on Feb 24th. I emailed them back the day after (which was a Friday). Then, I got the interview invite on the Tuesday of the next week.

They sent me the supplementary request on Feb 24th. I emailed them back the day after (which was a Friday). Then, I got the interview invite on the Tuesday of the next week.

Yikes, that's a long time to wait... I guess that's probably both thanks to the OPTOMCAS processing time and ICO deciding on who to interview. I just submitted last week... oh well. Good luck on your interviews, I hope they go well!

I've received email responses from some of the colleges that I applied to but, some haven't even acknowledged receiving my application from OptomCAS. Is this usual? More specifically I haven't heard anything from ICO, not even a confirmation email.

I received interviews from NECO and Suny today. Submitted my application in mid February.

Date submitted to OptomCAS: 1/31/11

Interview Invitation Extended: OSU 3/7/11

Interview Scheduled: OSU 4/1/11

I've received email responses from some of the colleges that I applied to but, some haven't even acknowledged receiving my application from OptomCAS. Is this usual? More specifically I haven't heard anything from ICO, not even a confirmation email.

I received interviews from NECO and Suny today. Submitted my application in mid February.

Periodically, I would call the schools to make sure that my file was complete. I would tell them that I just want to make sure that they aren't missing anything that I may need to turn in. They are more than happy to help.

Periodically, I would call the schools to make sure that my file was complete. I would tell them that I just want to make sure that they aren't missing anything that I may need to turn in. They are more than happy to help.

Thanks for the tip. I'll try that today.

Date submitted to OptomCAS: 1/29/2011
Date mailed by OptomCAS: 3/3/2011
Date received by college: 3/?/2011
Interview Invitation Extended: NECO: 3/4/2011 SUNY: 3/7/2011 SALUS(PCO): 3/9/2011
Interview Scheduled: NECO: 3/25/2011 SUNY: ?

Last edited: