Is it okay to take OChem at a "college"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuremrsDr<3

Reaction score
I'm looking to take OChem someplace, my local University is done taking applications for the Fall... so I was hoping to try a "college", is that acceptable?
(Totally my bad for missing out on the application window. :()

Members don't see this ad.

Any regionally accredited institution of higher learning is fine including community colleges, colleges, or universities.

Edit: I’m referring only to 4-year colleges and universities in my statement. Also, assume in-person only since acceptance of online courses varies.

Last edited:
It depends where you are applying. Schools like Tufts, Indiana, Creighton, and Boston won’t accept community college credit for a pre req like ochem. I would check the policies of the schools you are applying to

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm looking to take OChem someplace, my local University is done taking applications for the Fall... so I was hoping to try a "college", is that acceptable?
(Totally my bad for missing out on the application window. :()

When you say college, do you mean community college?

I have heard nothing but good things about online Orgo through NDSU. Apparently the professor is super sweet and wants his students to do well (unlike some OChem profs). I would maybe check into it!

Reactions: 1 user
As long as the course is intended for science/engineering majors and is acceptable for transfer to surrounding universities. A diluted version/intro course may ill prepare you for the dat.