ITE 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I totally was the first one to finish that test (took me about 30 mins since I wanted to at least read the Qs) as a PGY-1 (CA-0) and somehow came out with an 18. Pointless test for interns. I was more concerned with Step 3 studying and the exam a week later.
I think the point is having a peak of the style of the questions/test. So you know what it's like when it counts

Members don't see this ad.

I think the point is having a peak of the style of the questions/test. So you know what it's like when it counts

Does it really matter though?
Those matching into prelim whatever and then anesthesia probably do just as fine without seeing it as a categorical intern.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was told that if someone scored over 90% the ABA sends them a letter. Do they email, send to the department, or personal address. How long does it take to hear from them?

I told myself the same thing when I wasted my 4th of July weekend Saturday taking the ITE as a new CA-1. But I admit and acknowledge the mistake. It was a dumb thing to do. :)

It's a multiple choice test. They all look the same. And residents get plenty of exposure via the AKT-0, AKT-1, AKT-6, AKT-24, CA2 ITE, CA3 ITE, online question banks, ACE questions, and those 1990s released exams.

I just got my score as I was off-campus the past 5 weeks and at my program we have to get our scores in person. I didn't get to see a list of the percentiles and how they correspond to the scaled score by year of residency this year but my PD told me my percentile.
My scaled scores and the percentiles they corresponded to, which seemed to vary quite a bit from year to year:
2013: PGY-1: 20-something, 50-ish percentile? This year doesn't matter score-wise anyway.
2014: PGY-2: 33, 78%ile (I've heard this is the most important year as far as scores for fellowships go)
BASIC exam: Pass
2015: PGY-3: 34, 40%ile (the 50%ile scaled score for CA-2s went up this year from 33 to 35, possibly because of people studying for the basic exam?)
2016: PGY-4: 41, 88%ile
My PD said a passing score corresponds with a scaled score of 35 this year, which I guess also changes from year to year.

Hi PGY-1 here, scored a 23 scaled score (percentile 77), basic score of 59 (percentile 85), what is the difference between the two?