Kansas State c/o 2018 Applicants!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

remi4301

Michigan 2018!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not sure if there is supposed to be a certain person to start this thread, but I'm too excited to wait, haha!!
This is my first time applying to Kansas. Good luck everyone!!!:):)

Members don't see this ad.

I'm applying here again and had an interview last year. The facility is really nice and my dad came with me and was SUPER excited about it haha. Good luck everyone!

I'm 99.9% sure I'll be applying to K-State, given that they weigh Last 45 pretty heavily. Plus, I hear good things about the school! Very exciting! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
K-State is one of my top 5, since they focus on the last 45 units. I should probably look into their program a bit more, though :laugh:

Good luck, guys!! :luck:

Best of Luck to all of you!! I will be a first year this fall, so I just went through the application process. I'm happy to help if you have any questions!

Best of Luck to all of you!! I will be a first year this fall, so I just went through the application process. I'm happy to help if you have any questions!

Likewise! My interview was my first visit to Manhattan, (actually, to the state of Kansas as well) but I was quite impressed, enough so to make it my new school!

Good luck guys :D

Did they explain why you didn't get in? I am applying to K state!

How do we know how much ksu weighs last 45 hours?

How do we know how much ksu weighs last 45 hours?
This is what I found last year when I was applying:

"Evaluation criteria
A 4-part admission procedure is used, including evaluation of science grades, evaluation of all 3 GRE® scores, assessment of the application and narrative, and a personal interview.
Prerequisite science GPA 30%
Test scores 40%
Interview score including: 30%
References
Animal/veterinary experience
Leadership in college and community
Autobiographical essay"

This link supplies more info:
http://aavmc.org/kansas.aspx

Does anyone find it weird that all other schools are asking us to send our transcripts to VMCAS, while KSU is asking us to mail our transcripts to them? I don't really understand why :confused:

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone find it weird that all other schools are asking us to send our transcripts to VMCAS, while KSU is asking us to mail our transcripts to them? I don't really understand why :confused:

This is the first year that VMCAS is processing any student transcripts; in the past you had to send them individually directly to all the schools (minus applying to TAMU via the TMDSAS). It seems some schools have decided they still want the transcripts sent to them directly.

This is the first year that VMCAS is processing any student transcripts; in the past you had to send them individually directly to all the schools (minus applying to TAMU via the TMDSAS). It seems some schools have decided they still want the transcripts sent to them directly.

Right, I'm glad most schools stopped asking for transcripts sent to them directly -- it has saved me $$! I guess I was just wondering how come KSU still wanted us to mail the transcripts to them since VMCAS is going to verify them anyways.

Right, I'm glad most schools stopped asking for transcripts sent to them directly -- it has saved me $$! I guess I was just wondering how come KSU still wanted us to mail the transcripts to them since VMCAS is going to verify them anyways.

That I can't answer. They do seem sort of old school with their admissions process though (they like their snail mail...). Call them and ask if you want.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good Luck. I love K-State and their campus. I miss living there.

Is anyone intending on including a cover letter with their supplemental/transcripts/etc. packet?

Good luck guys! I am with FS and Eschmidt in this year's class.

So I'm putting together my supplemental packet and you need a photocopy of your GRE scores...well I never got mailed my scores? Do they mean the "GRE Examinee Score Report" that I can print from the ETS site?

I may call and make sure, but I wanted to see if you guys knew first.

So I'm putting together my supplemental packet and you need a photocopy of your GRE scores...well I never got mailed my scores? Do they mean the "GRE Examinee Score Report" that I can print from the ETS site?

I may call and make sure, but I wanted to see if you guys knew first.

That's exactly what I did. I printed the score report from the website to put in my supplemental, and of course ordered an official score report to be sent to the school.

That's exactly what I did. I printed the score report from the website to put in my supplemental, and of course ordered an official score report to be sent to the school.

Ok, awesome! Thanks! That's what I thought since I didn't know what else it could be, but they worded it weird and I'm paranoid :)

That's what I did too. Going to mail it today!!

Good to know -- I was unsure about this as well. Just to check... for the transcript requirement, is everyone having transcripts sent to them and then just sending the unopened envelope with the transcript along with the other materials? This seems a little strange since the transcripts could be sent directly to KSU. I'm also a little concerned that with my luck I will send what I think is my transcript, but since I can't open the envelope, may actually be something else. lol

Good to know -- I was unsure about this as well. Just to check... for the transcript requirement, is everyone having transcripts sent to them and then just sending the unopened envelope with the transcript along with the other materials? This seems a little strange since the transcripts could be sent directly to KSU. I'm also a little concerned that with my luck I will send what I think is my transcript, but since I can't open the envelope, may actually be something else. lol

By "them" (bolded) do you mean to VMCAS? I sent my transcript to VMCAS, then Kansas is only getting one copy of my transcript in the unopened envelope in my packet.

I thought the same thing, we could just have it sent to them. But I assume they want it with your other stuff so that they don't have to organize it. :shrug:

By "them" (bolded) do you mean to VMCAS? I sent my transcript to VMCAS, then Kansas is only getting one copy of my transcript in the unopened envelope in my packet.

I thought the same thing, we could just have it sent to them. But I assume they want it with your other stuff so that they don't have to organize it. :shrug:

I'm sorry, my bad. By "them" I meant you/us - I meant to say is everyone having the transcripts sent to him/herself? And then just including the sealed envelope with the other required documents?

Wow they put a lot of weight in the GRE! Now I'm worried since my scores aren't good (less than 300, wasn't my best day) but my last 45 is 3.82

First time applying!! I am so awestruck by K-state!! I can't wait to see what happens! Privera I'm with you on the GRE nerves. A lot of weight there. I hope everything else can support me better!!

I just want October to fly by so interview invites come out :mad:

I just want October to fly by so interview invites come out :mad:

I know!! :( We're just over halfway through the month and it just started snowing here in MN. Snow suggests to me that it is winter. Winter means October is over and interview invites have been sent out! Right? Oh...that's not how it works? Ah well, hopeful thinking I guess! :rolleyes:

I know!! :( We're just over halfway through the month and it just started snowing here in MN. Snow suggests to me that it is winter. Winter means October is over and interview invites have been sent out! Right? Oh...that's not how it works? Ah well, hopeful thinking I guess! :rolleyes:

It snowed here on Friday :p

Hang in there guys! :luck:

Have an OOS heard about interviews?
I personally have not heard a thing from them since they confirmed they got my supplemental and VMCAS.

Do they usually start sending invites out this soon? I thought it was later in November...

I personally have not heard a thing from them since they confirmed they got my supplemental and VMCAS.

Do they usually start sending invites out this soon? I thought it was later in November...
I believe people started getting them the first week of November last year. They spread it out though, I didn't hear until mid-December.

In the past people have received invites in waves around 11/1, 11/14, 11/22, 12/7, 12/13, and 12/22. Seems like we're due for a wave tomorrow?

In the past people have received invites in waves around 11/1, 11/14, 11/22, 12/7, 12/13, and 12/22. Seems like we're due for a wave tomorrow?
Well gosh, now I won't be able to do anything but check my email for the rest of the semester :wtf:

Thanks for the info!

Anyone heard news on this this front yet? Good, bad, or ugly?? From the previous dates listed above I would've hoped that someone on SDN had gotten notice by now. I'll just keep twiddling my thumbs and hitting refresh on e-mail for now. :rolleyes:

I JUST GOT AN INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 9 users
Ahh yayy congrats!!!!
Congrats!!! That's great!! Are you IS or OSS?
Congrats! IS or OOS? Stats?
Woo! Congrats sblove!!!
Congrats!!
Yay! Congrats! So awesome!
Woo hoo, SB! Second time is a charm! So stoked for you! Congrats!!
congrats!!!! so happy for you :) just curious - did you apply to kansas state last year too? and if so, did you get an interview? congrats again! woo too

Thank you soooo much everyone!!! I am extremely excited, especially after ultimately not getting in last year. Jerseyshore, I did not apply to KSU last year -- but I checked that I applied to vet school last year on my VMCAS (so they probably saw that).

Congrats :]
Do you mind if I ask how were you notified?
I haven't seen anyone else who got offered an interview from KSU yet so I was just wondering..
Thank you in advance.

Congrats :]
Do you mind if I ask how were you notified?
I haven't seen anyone else who got offered an interview from KSU yet so I was just wondering..
Thank you in advance.

I know, I'm really surprised that no one else has posted on here about a KSU interview. I'm sure there were other people who got invites -- they just probably aren't on SDN. I was notified via e-mail.