Kansas State C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Polocrosse2017

KSU C/O 2024
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Current fourth year student just starting this up for anyone applying this cycle. Good luck to all it is a great school!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
1st time OOS applicant here :giggle:

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
1st time applying to KSU, 2nd time overall! Super excited to get started this cycle.

Currently trying to decide whether or not to tack on an app to K-State after submitting since a DVM I work with advised me to try it! Do any of y'all know how the school feels about lower GPA (above 3.0 but below 3.2) applicants with a lot of experience hours? I know last 45 is a thing here but it's about the same.

Last edited:
2nd time OOS applicant! I was waitlisted last year, but never made it off. Hopefully this is my year. Good luck to everyone!

1st time OOS good luck everyone.

Current 2nd year here! It’s been a little while since I applied but I am happy to answer any questions, best of luck to everyone!

Third time applicant and this is my first time applying to KSU!

Quick question I'd appreciate getting some feedback on :) For Kansas's resume document upload, I realized I uploaded the wrong document. I made multiple versions of my resume and uploaded a very unfinished draft rather than the final version. My app has already been submitted/verified, but I'd really rather they have my final-product document of course. Should I email admissions and see if I can send them the other resume, or just let it be? Ugh :(

Quick question I'd appreciate getting some feedback on :) For Kansas's resume document upload, I realized I uploaded the wrong document. I made multiple versions of my resume and uploaded a very unfinished draft rather than the final version. My app has already been submitted/verified, but I'd really rather they have my final-product document of course. Should I email admissions and see if I can send them the other resume, or just let it be? Ugh :(
I'm a firm believer in it never hurts!! You could also try VMCAS first since the deadline isn't past yet! If they can't help you can then go to Kansas!

Members don't see this ad :)
I made a mistake on my app last year and admissions at KSU was so helpful, it was not a big deal and I ended up getting an interview.
Mistakes happen, just let them know and I’m sure they’ll help you out :)

I'm a firm believer in it never hurts!! You could also try VMCAS first since the deadline isn't past yet! If they can't help you can then go to Kansas!
I made a mistake on my app last year and admissions at KSU was so helpful, it was not a big deal and I ended up getting an interview.
Mistakes happen, just let them know and I’m sure they’ll help you out :)

This is helpful and I will certainly reach out to them to see if I can swap out the documents :) thanks for the feedback guys!

Reactions: 2 users
The office at KSU has always been more than happy to answer questions and help you with issues. Never hesitate to ask if you question something.

Hi everyone! I'm a current third year. Some of you may see me in January at interviews as I'm an ambassador. Happy to answer questions and provide advice on the thread or feel free to DM me. Good luck to everyone applying!

Only real Italian place in Manhattan is Nico's Little Italy. Not my fav but I'm not huge into Italian lots of people seem to really like it. My favorite place is Bourbon & Baker. It gets points because it is near my apartment! I'm doing my SA ER rotation right now so I'm typing in my sleep! Have fun here. I'll just be at the ER!

Added Kansas last minute as my 15th school since they finally got back to me today on a prereq question! First time OOS :)

Has anyone received a confirmation email from the school that they received VMCAs applications? I have not heard from them since my supplemental submission :(

Has anyone received a confirmation email from the school that they received VMCAs applications? I have not heard from them since my supplemental submission :(
Nope. Just the confirmation email about the supplemental

@futurevet? But I interviewed with them last year and did not hear anything until November 15th asking about the dates we would be available IF they sent an interview invite. Then the actual invite came Nov 24th. So we have awhile to wait unfortunately.

Not thread related really, just dropping by to say hi I'll pry be in Manhattan at the career fair this weekend. Suggestions on places to eat? Plus if amazing italian.
@Polocrosse2017
@alleycat03
Awe man I'm just now seeing this. I hope you had a good time in Manhattan! I was at the career fair so we could've met and not known it.

If you come back next year you'll have to let me know!

Any benefit to selecting in person vs zoom preference for interviews. I know this survey doesn’t guarantee an interview but do we know if KSU prefers an in person or is zoom totally ok for people who are far away??

Any benefit to selecting in person vs zoom preference for interviews. I know this survey doesn’t guarantee an interview but do we know if KSU prefers an in person or is zoom totally ok for people who are far away??
Zoom is perfectly fine. No boost either way. If at all possible visit the campus if you haven't before making a decision. Visiting and getting to meet people and seeing the quality of the people and how much they want you to succeed really sold me on the school.

I was reading last years thread, and it was mentioned that your preference really didn't impact anything. Pick what you are actually able to feasibly do!!

Their website states that they encourage in person interview but zoom will also be offered. But I'm sure they just encourage in person so they can show off their campus and such.. and im like 99% sure it does not affect the actual outcome of the interview on your acceptance or not! Hope that makes sense!

Their website states that they encourage in person interview but zoom will also be offered. But I'm sure they just encourage in person so they can show off their campus and such.. and im like 99% sure it does not affect the actual outcome of the interview on your acceptance or not! Hope that makes sense!
I figure they prefer to see you in person. Unfortunately, I am on the other side of the country in my graduate program, so cannot see how I would feasibly be able to travel so last minute to interview in person. Sad, because I'd love to see the school but also know there are no guarantees to even get an interview from this survey (which I think the whole survey is a bit weird if they know they are not offering everyone filling it out a spot)

I figure they prefer to see you in person. Unfortunately, I am on the other side of the country in my graduate program, so cannot see how I would feasibly be able to travel so last minute to interview in person. Sad, because I'd love to see the school but also know there are no guarantees to even get an interview from this survey (which I think the whole survey is a bit weird if they know they are not offering everyone filling it out a spot)
From what I understand this is so they can start getting interviewers set up on the days. Some interviewers will only do in person and others prefer virtual so it gives them a good feeling of how many they need this year of each type. That way when you get an invite they have the dates for each type set and aren't scrambling to get the interviewers. I know it seems odd but they really DO NOT give any boost to people that interview in person.

This just gives order of magnitude and isn't binding like this year does the pool want 80% virtual or closer to 50% virtual.

Last edited:
So they will be sending out interview invites next week, but when do the actual interviews take place? Next month or not until January?

Interview invites before Thanksgiving, interviews first week in Jan or right around then. I don't know the exact date but @alleycat03 should know.

Since the email for the survey was sent on Thursday do we think they’ll do the interview invites on Thursday?

Interview invites before Thanksgiving, interviews first week in Jan or right around then. I don't know the exact date but @alleycat03 should know.
Yep, there are two interview weekends in January. Jan 4-6th and Jan 11-13th!

As already stated, picking in person does NOT give you an advantage over people who interview virtually. The survey was just to work out interviewer numbers and how many they should allocate to each day.

I told my boss to NOT send out interview invites and rejections on Thanksgiving again so hopefully the admissions office avoids doing that.

As already stated, picking in person does NOT give you an advantage over people who interview virtually. The survey was just to work out interviewer numbers and how many they should allocate to each day.

I told my boss to NOT send out interview invites and rejections on Thanksgiving again so hopefully the admissions office avoids doing that.
Seems like they are planning ahead this cycle? The email from last week said “next week” which would be this week for interview invites so I think maybe they saw the error in sending them out during thanksgiving last year hopefully

Yeah that wouldn't really ruin the holiday for me. At least they're giving us a week to process beforehand 😂

With (hopefully) tomorrow being the day we find out about interviews, I was wondering if anyone knows if all applicants got the email to pick their preference or if I should feel some hope getting it? 😅 Trying to be realistic but cautiously optimistic.

With (hopefully) tomorrow being the day we find out about interviews, I was wondering if anyone knows if all applicants got the email to pick their preference or if I should feel some hope getting it? 😅 Trying to be realistic but cautiously optimistic.
From what I remember, last year there were some people who did not get the initial email to pick their preference.

It realistically does not mean anything last year many people got it and did not receive an interview. Don’t think it counts for much it’s just them gauging how many people they’d have for in person vs online

Soo last year apparently the email came in around 1 AM... Do we think it will be 1 AM this year, Soo in like 5 hours where I'm from?? If so, are any of you considering staying up just in case?? Lol

Soo last year apparently the email came in around 1 AM... Do we think it will be 1 AM this year, Soo in like 5 hours where I'm from?? If so, are any of you considering staying up just in case?? Lol
Definitely not staying up, I need my beauty sleep :)

Today is maybe the day 👀

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
IMG_0548.jpg

I don’t want to be the bearer of bad news but i figured this would at least keep yall from checking your email every 10 minutes

Reactions: 9 users