KCUMB Discussion Thread 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anybody staying at the Holiday Inn Westport plaza (or stayed here for a previous interview) know when the shuttle comes? I thought the shuttle service was provided by the hotel but apparently it's provided by the school, so the lady at the front desk didn't have any useful information...my interview is tomorrow by the way.

You have to call the school and let them know to send a shuttle to your hotel. There might already be one coming for other students at your hotel...Otherwise, you may need to taxi it to the school.

Members don't see this ad.

LOL - I know -- I asked and she didn't have a clue. It comes at 8:15 am. Enjoy your day tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad :)
You have to call the school and let them know to send a shuttle to your hotel. There might already be one coming for other students at your hotel...Otherwise, you may need to taxi it to the school.

I already indicated that I need a shuttle online when I registered for my interview date, and it does say that I made this request in the confirmation e-mail they sent me. They just didn't tell me what time. Do you mean I have to call them the morning of the interview? Man that's cuttin it close!

I already indicated that I need a shuttle online when I registered for my interview date, and it does say that I made this request in the confirmation e-mail they sent me. They just didn't tell me what time. Do you mean I have to call them the morning of the interview? Man that's cuttin it close!

By the way, I also read somewhere on this thread that KCUMB sends a packet in the mail with interview day information...did anyone get that? If so, what important information did I miss?!?!

The shuttle comes around 8:15, maybe a little later.

So it's the end of interview day, and I'm sitting in the airport, waiting for my flight. I thought I'd share my thoughts:

The student ambassadors are great. For us, they were MS2s who answered literally every question we could possibly ask. Everything from important things about the clinical rotation "straw poll" to the minute, finer details of campus life. The faculty/administration was great too. My interviewers made me feel incredibly comfortable (they even offer you a bottle of water!) and it was more a conversation than anything else. Lastly, the students I interviewed with were a lot of fun to talk to. I had fun meeting people from all over the country!

In the end, I came away from Interview Day both very impressed and very pleased with the school. Hoping to hear good news in the next few weeks! :xf:

Good luck to all future interviewees.

I'm getting anxious, has anyone from the 9/15 interview received a letter yet?

Nope. Decisions have been made for 9/15 but as if Monday letters weren't mailed. They said hopefully we'll get something by weeks end.

Okay thanks, guess I can wait a few more days :(

Members don't see this ad :)
So it's the end of interview day, and I'm sitting in the airport, waiting for my flight. I thought I'd share my thoughts:

The student ambassadors are great. For us, they were MS2s who answered literally every question we could possibly ask. Everything from important things about the clinical rotation "straw poll" to the minute, finer details of campus life. The faculty/administration was great too. My interviewers made me feel incredibly comfortable (they even offer you a bottle of water!) and it was more a conversation than anything else. Lastly, the students I interviewed with were a lot of fun to talk to. I had fun meeting people from all over the country!

In the end, I came away from Interview Day both very impressed and very pleased with the school. Hoping to hear good news in the next few weeks! :xf:

+1....student ambassadors were awesome, and my interview was conversational too. The best part about the whole deal was all of the new facilities (much more beautiful campus than I thought it was going to be!), as well the close-knit community in which the students are the focus of the school and everyone helps each other out. I think that is crucial for a school to have...looking forward to going here fo sho!

+1 to this. I interviewed today as well. Great experience, great school.

+ 2 !! I am really looking forward to hearing back in a couple weeks. Loved the faculty, students AND all of the 24 other applicants. Haven't really ever felt that way about any other school with which I've interviewed.

For the 09/19 interviewees, I called and they said a decision has been made already but letters won't go out until tomorrow or Monday. Yikes.

For the 09/19 interviewees, I called and they said a decision has been made already but letters won't go out until tomorrow or Monday. Yikes.

I thought they were already sent and in transit - I guess not

I interviewed on 9/15 and have just received my decision letter in the mail.
ACCEPTED!!!!:D

KCUMB Class of 2016! Good Luck everyone!

Congrats. time to cough up that $1,000 :eek:

Congrats to all those accepted. I cancelled my interview/withdrew my app from this school today so a 10/19 interview slot just opened up.

Congrats! I liked this school a lot!:D

Thanks Everyone! I really really liked KCUMB! Can't wait for the information packet soon!

Ahhh! Accepted, so excited!! Congrats to everyone else as well!!

Interview Invite for 10/24!
Application complete - 09/19

I called KCUMB they said we can store luggage in the admissions office. I will be there on Oct 19th at the Holiday Inn.

I called KCUMB they said we can store luggage in the admissions office. I will be there on Oct 19th at the Holiday Inn.

Thanks, that is helpful, I was wondering the same thing. I will be there on the 14th. Still haven't heard anything about the student host so I should probably book a hotel soon. Does anyone know if we get some kind of discount and how to book it? thanks.

Thanks, that is helpful, I was wondering the same thing. I will be there on the 14th. Still haven't heard anything about the student host so I should probably book a hotel soon. Does anyone know if we get some kind of discount and how to book it? thanks.

Holiday inn is $90 and Q hotel is $94. Call and ask for the KCUMB rate

Both are in walking distance to a lot of restaurants/bars. If you requested the shuttle it will come at 8:15 to pick you up.

I have a room with 2 double beds for Tuesday Oct 18th at the Westport Holiday Inn if anyone wants to share and pay half.

Hi, quick question about the interview day. When does it end? They said plan flights after 6pm, but has anyone taken anything earlier, say around 530? Thanks!

Hi, quick question about the interview day. When does it end? They said plan flights after 6pm, but has anyone taken anything earlier, say around 530? Thanks!

Typically the day ends about 2-3. Call up Tracey and let her know your flight is around 530 and she'll schedule you for an earlier interview. Mine was exactly at 530...my day ended by 2, but I had to wait 'til 230 for the shuttle back to the Holiday Inn Express. And the Super Shuttle picked me up a little after 3 and had me to the airport by 345. You should have plenty of time to make it by 530 if you get an early interview. Good luck!

I was the very last one to interview and leave. When I got to my car, the clock was at 3:25 pm. I must say that the day was good and the campus is very nice and secured. btw, I wish I got abs hehe.

LOL - I know -- I asked and she didn't have a clue. It comes at 8:15 am. Enjoy your day tomorrow.

Whoa, I just came across this reply...I had no idea it was a reply to me since there was no quote....well, thanks anyways!...I got to breakfast at like 7:50 and chatted with other interviewees until the shuttle came at like 8:40ish!...the Q-hotel ppl got picked up before we did though, so they must have been at 8:15 or so....and yes, I definitely enjoyed my day, thanks!

Near the beginning of the day, KCUMB passed around a sheet that you can sign if you are if you are taking a shuttle. If you sign in on it, they will put you in one of the first interview groups so that you will be done earlier.

I am! I just got the invite today, but I'll be there. Three interviews in four days. This is going to be intense.

wow, awesome! where ya staying at?

- i'll be at the holiday inn express if u wanna split (2 double beds)

wow, awesome! where ya staying at?

- i'll be at the holiday inn express if u wanna split (2 double beds)

Thanks, but no thanks. I already have my hotel booked and paid for. Thanks anyways. See you Wednesday!

Accepted! Interviewed 9/19. I only live about 50 minutes away, so they could have mailed the letters on Friday. Good luck people.

Accepted! Interviewed 9/19. I only live about 50 minutes away, so they could have mailed the letters on Friday. Good luck people.

Congrats! I interviewed that day too so hopefully I receive my letter soon.

Congrats on all the interview invites/acceptances/anything else that's good!! :)

I'm booking my flight for Kansas City. I was wondering if anyone knew of any good hotels nearby? Has anyone stayed at a Hampton or Hilton? (I'd like to use my honors points!) ;)

I just got an interview invite from KCUMB, and I have a question.
Is KCUMB known for sending out invites to numerous applicants?
What's the approx. acceptance rate post interview?
And also, this is a general question, but is November considered a little late for interviewing?
I'm working full time, and I can only sign up for those dates...
Sucks to be working and interviewing at the same time...ahh..