Keep interviewing despite a desirable acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheRealCookieMonster

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have thoughts on continuing to interview at second choice schools despite having a solid acceptance? Benefits, drawbacks, doesn't matter... for a friend of course.

Members don't see this ad.

I think it would depend how low you rate them because if it is a school you have no desire attending then I wouldn't pay for the expenses to go interview there. If there is some curiosity, then I wouldn't think it would be an issue to go ahead and attend.

Only drawbacks would be spending money and not opening interviewing spots for other less fortunate applicants.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have thoughts on continuing to interview at second choice schools despite having a solid acceptance? Benefits, drawbacks, doesn't matter... for a friend of course.

Depends...I took all the schools that I applied to and ranked them based on a number of factors. Got an acceptance to a school around the middle of my list and so I am not worrying about the schools lower. But would definitely be looking forward to an interview with a higher ranked school.

Where does this desirable acceptance fit on your totem pole of schools?

I had a deposit paid and had planned on attending a school I was accepted to in late August.

In February my life changed dramatically and I am now at an entirely different school (due to geographic considerations).

I was extremely satisfied with my original school, but further interviews allowed my life to change.

Just a (anecdotal) thought. May or may not apply to you.

I had a deposit paid and had planned on attending a school I was accepted to in late August.

In February my life changed dramatically and I am now at an entirely different school (due to geographic considerations).

I was extremely satisfied with my original school, but further interviews allowed my life to change.

Just a (anecdotal) thought. May or may not apply to you.

Interesting perspective, thanks for the reply.

Depends...I took all the schools that I applied to and ranked them based on a number of factors. Got an acceptance to a school around the middle of my list and so I am not worrying about the schools lower. But would definitely be looking forward to an interview with a higher ranked school.

Where does this desirable acceptance fit on your totem pole of schools?

It's pretty high, so I may take one or two others close in rank and still interview at those, but drop the rest. Thanks.

Reactions: 1 user