Late Case Western Interview dates????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dr.rex

rexadactyl nights
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got the letter requesting an interview from case on friday the 15th of aug and scheduled my interview today. I was very suprised when they said they were booked until october 18th. is this a bad sign? is this interview late?

AA/TSCI/PAT
19/20/19

CGPA-3.4
SGPA-3.25

interviews: case, indiana :)

Members don't see this ad.

dr.rex said:
I just got the letter requesting an interview from case on friday the 15th of aug and scheduled my interview today. I was very suprised when they said they were booked until october 18th. is this a bad sign? is this interview late?

AA/TSCI/PAT
19/20/19

CGPA-3.4
SGPA-3.25

Hakuna Matata, you'll be fine, before december is all you need

So when is your Case interview, apaul?

Members don't see this ad :)
Toothsome! said:
So when is your Case interview, apaul?
Thursday, I fly out on Wednesday so . . . we'll see, I'm not too nervous yet, but its starting to edge in a bit :scared: :laugh:

I called to schedule my case interview today and they said they were booked until Nov so I had to settle for Nov 1st. Spots are filling quick, but a later interview is better than no interview at all

apaul said:
Thursday, I fly out on Wednesday so . . . we'll see, I'm not too nervous yet, but its starting to edge in a bit :scared: :laugh:

I have the same interview date as you. I wonder how many others are going to be there that same date.

Pilot Mike said:
I have the same interview date as you. I wonder how many others are going to be there that same date.

i think its around 4 a day

for those you have a interview, when did you send in your application fee? before or after being invited for an interview?
thanks.

dr.rex said:

AA/TSCI/PAT
19/20/19

CGPA-3.4
SGPA-3.25

hi. when was your aadsas app mailed? thank you! :)

my aadsas was mailed on july 24th, and in reference to the application fee i think you have to send it before you get invited. around aug 3 i received a letter requesting i pay the fee.

Hey all! Any one else scheduled for October 4?

dr.rex said:

AA/TSCI/PAT
19/20/19

CGPA-3.4
SGPA-3.25.

Your fine. I interviewed last year in November and was accepted dec. 1

Case is really good and fast in evaluating qualified candidates
Good luck. Case is a great school. :D

Ugh, i hope I get something soon...

If people aren't interviewing until November at this point, and I am re-taking the DAT (they'll probably put me on hold til those scores come in) then I should probably just forget about Case...

Members don't see this ad :)
Why are you retaking the Dat? Your scores are decent...and your GPA should help out a lot too. Did you submit the scores you have? They'll look at your app with the scores you have, then if you decide to retake it still just send the updated scores later. I think you would get several interviews with your current stats.

I agree. SpikeyMike, your DAT scores are fine. It wouldn't hurt if they were higher, but with your GPA and that score, you should get an interview invitation. Especially with that PAT score, which helps out some when they are looking over your scores in the committee meeting.

I am interviewing on 10/12. Anyone else interviewing on this date?

I'm retaking because my general chemistry score is a 16. and organic is a 17. the only reason the science is as high as it is, is because i got a 21 in biology. this is my second time applying and i wanted to retake the DAT to increase my chances.

I contacted Case. I was told that they could review my application now, or when they got the new DAT scores, but they'd only do it once. I panicked and told them to review it after they got the new scores (maybe a big mistake).

I guess my DAT scores are okay, decent even, but hanging aroudn SDN always makes you feel otherwise. but, i've paid to take it, so i'm gonna do it.

OMG! I just called them today and the earliest interview date available was Dec. 7th. I should have called them right away when I got my letter 3 days ago... :mad:

Late interviews, especially when it is before Dec 1, will not affect the chance of you getting in.

I was interviewed at Case on Dec 15 and look where I am now...

Don't worry, about 65-70% of Case interviewees gain acceptance here.

Good luck

wlee009 said:
OMG! I just called them today and the earliest interview date available was Dec. 7th. I should have called them right away when I got my letter 3 days ago... :mad:

You guys are lucky. A late interview date is way better than the CASE rejction letter I got this week!! Good luck to all of you!! :thumbup:

Did Case out right reject? I got a "on hold till new DAT scores received" which I'm thinking might be a polite reject after seeing how fast the interviews are booking.

Interviewed last week. Case is a good school and Cleveland Ohio is a bad place.

I got the "on hold" letter too. I'm not sure whether to call them or just forget it. I wasn't planning on re-taking the DAT because I was pleased with my scores, and plus I already have other interviews scheduled. What is everyone else doing who received this same letter?

I got the "on hold" letter too. I'm not sure whether to call them or just forget it. I wasn't planning on re-taking the DAT because I was pleased with my scores, and plus I already have other interviews scheduled. What is everyone else doing who received this same letter?

Case rarely put applicants on hold. After they received all the necessary info they will meet and give either interview/reject/alternate list interview. Probably people are put on hold because of grades/DAT scores need to be updated. Should talk to Mr. Sherman if you want more details about your hold.