LECOM - Erie Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I had my interview with LECOM at 12th April....I got a letter by lecom dated 6th May that I have been put on Alternate list. I am crossing my fingers as I dont know whether I will get in?? Is there still a chance? They mentioned in the mail that if i want to be considered for admission, sign the alternate form and send to LECOM???

Members don't see this ad.

I had my interview with LECOM at 12th April....I got a letter by lecom dated 6th May that I have been put on Alternate list. I am crossing my fingers as I dont know whether I will get in?? Is there still a chance? They mentioned in the mail that if i want to be considered for admission, sign the alternate form and send to LECOM???

Be sure you fill out the form an mail it back to them. It's to confirm that you are still interested.

Thanks Ptech0937....
HOws ur status? r u on alternate list too?

Members don't see this ad :)
How do you release your background check to LECOM? I always thought PharmCAS would send an email eventually, but never got one and I got an email from the school saying to release it if I hadn't already.

How do you release your background check to LECOM? I always thought PharmCAS would send an email eventually, but never got one and I got an email from the school saying to release it if I hadn't already.

i also got the same email. i released my background check result to another pharmacy school, i assumed lecom would get it too?

Hi everyone, do you have any news of the moving from the alternate list!

I interviewed on March 22nd and just got accepted (extremely happy). If anyone has already secured housing and is seeking a roommate please send me a message, thank you.

I got in!!! So happy, I thought I had no chance with a 3.0 GPA lol

Members don't see this ad :)
A few days ago, someone from the school called about the orientation process. It was early in the morning and I was half asleep, so I was "uh huh uh huh ok" without really listening. I remeber something about the packet :laugh:. Anyone would like fill me in?

A few days ago, someone from the school called about the orientation process. It was early in the morning and I was half asleep, so I was "uh huh uh huh ok" without really listening. I remeber something about the packet :laugh:. Anyone would like fill me in?

I wrote down that Orientation is on August 11th and 12th, we should be at the Lecture Hall by 7:15 AM. We'll need a pen or pencil. Come dressed according to the dress code.

Open house on Saturday August 13th. We'll be mailed on when to come, Picnic will be at Waldermeyer park at 1 PM on Sunday. Guests can be invited to picnic, food and drinks will be provided. We can call or email the financial aid department if we have any questions. Need to have all forms and immunizations done by Friday July 29th and we receive our schedules at orientation.

We also need to meet with security, so we have to call them and meet with them.

I think she also said we'll also be getting this information in the mail.

Last edited:
I wrote down that Orientation is on August 11th and 12th, we should be at the Lecture Hall by 7:15 AM. We'll need a pen or pencil. Come dressed according to the dress code.

Open house on Saturday August 13th. We'll be mailed on when to come, Picnic will be at Waldermeyer park at 1 PM on Sunday. Guests can be invited to picnic, food and drinks will be provided. We can call or email the financial aid department if we have any questions. Need to have all forms and immunizations done by Friday July 29th and we receive or schedules at orientation.

We also need to meet with security, so we have to call them and meet with them.

I think she also said we'll also be getting this information in the mail.

wait for orientation is at 715 or 745? i could've sworn i heard be there at 745am. just wanted to make sure

wait for orientation is at 715 or 745? i could've sworn i heard be there at 745am. just wanted to make sure

Not exactly sure, I just have it written that I should be outside of Lecture Hall A by 7:15 AM. Other people are saying its 7:45 AM and I have a feeling it's really supposed to start at 8:00 AM.

I got in!!! So happy, I thought I had no chance with a 3.0 GPA lol
Congrats, Charlie! Were you in Alternate list? What's your stats, if you don't mind? When was your interview day? Is there any extra activitiy you had made before they call you? Thanks a lot!

Congrats Charlie! I really hope they call me next.

I will pray for you that you will get pulled off from the alternate list. good luck and hopefully good news will come. fingers crossed for you.:xf:

Im in the same boat :-( im crossing my fingers and hoping everyone on the alternate list who has LECOM E as their first choice gets in! :xf:

Charlie, did they give you a call or did you get a letter in the mail?

My GPA is pretty decent so I am a little excited. :xf: Good luck everyone that is on the list as well. :xf:

Hey guys. Came across this thread and thought I'd say hello. I'm a LECOM Erie Pharmacy student, Class of 2013. Orientation will suck - it's like all day, but classes aren't like that. Orientation (the second day especially) was super boring. If you have any questions just message me or whatever. :)

I got into the 2014 Pharmacy program. I had my interview on March 30 and got an acceptance letter dated May 17. I am looking for a roommate. Just I will be living there, but I am 35 and have a wife (and son-age 2) that will be visiting probably one weekend a month. If this doesn't bother you get ahold of me via pm or email ASAP. I will go looking for a place this weekend. Thanks. Congratulations to everyone else that got in!!!!!! See you soon!:thumbup:

I got into the 2014 Pharmacy program. I had my interview on March 30 and got an acceptance letter dated May 17. I am looking for a roommate. Just I will be living there, but I am 35 and have a wife (and son-age 2) that will be visiting probably one weekend a month. If this doesn't bother you get ahold of me via pm or email ASAP. I will go looking for a place this weekend. Thanks. Congratulations to everyone else that got in!!!!!! See you soon!:thumbup:

congrats on your acceptance. welcome aboard. do you use facebook? if you so, please join our facebook group for lecom erie pharmacy class of 2014

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/home.php?sk=group_141416479253398&ap=1

Hey guys. Came across this thread and thought I'd say hello. I'm a LECOM Erie Pharmacy student, Class of 2013. Orientation will suck - it's like all day, but classes aren't like that. Orientation (the second day especially) was super boring. If you have any questions just message me or whatever. :)

hey i'm a lecom erie pharmacy student class of 2014. do you use facebook? if so, can you PM me your facebook link so i can add you on facebook because i use facebook more often?

thanks for everything

you can find me on facebook - my name is Gina Egli
i had a lot of questions, and i typed up a huge response and my computer was stupid and lost it all so this reply will be short. i don't wanna type it all up again haha
computers - you will be fine with a small portable computer, half of the class just used their notes of the powerpoints. you only HAVE to have it for like 2 classes for online quizzes and at the end of quarters for class reviews.
clubs - at orientation you will be introduced to all of the clubs. you can join as many as you want. don't feel overwhelmed to partake in them all, though. some are more active than others. Rx runners was fun because you could play soccer or volleyball once weekly at family first. there's APHA and SSHP, national organizations. some others you can apply to until after the first semester. SGA you run for positions and get elected.
classes - first quarter, study hard for micro (its more challenging than the others and you need to spend more time on the material) second quarter, immunology (same professor as micro), a&p (diff professors so you need to learn how they all test), and calculations (you have to write out the answers and your work, they're not multiple choic). third quarter i can't think. some classes require more work than others.
studying - our class typed up or wrote out notes from powerpoints and studied from them. the class president often typed a set of notes up and emailed them to people. some people stay at the school all day and study, some people study some at home, some people procrastinate. just learn what works for you. failing is getting anything less than a 70 (there are no D's). if you fail a class, you can possibly retake a final test (there are some requirements). if you fail that you have to retake the class during the summer. you can only fail 4 classes. failing a class AND a retake test = 2 failed classes. so be aware of that.
i can't remember what i included in the last post that got lost so feel free to ask more questions. i don't remember to much about orientation because it was boring and everything was so new. oh you sit alphabetically in assigned seats but have the option of changing your seat. the year goes by fast. you can find me on facebook or just message me here. :)

you can find me on facebook - my name is Gina Egli
i had a lot of questions, and i typed up a huge response and my computer was stupid and lost it all so this reply will be short. i don't wanna type it all up again haha
computers - you will be fine with a small portable computer, half of the class just used their notes of the powerpoints. you only HAVE to have it for like 2 classes for online quizzes and at the end of quarters for class reviews.
clubs - at orientation you will be introduced to all of the clubs. you can join as many as you want. don't feel overwhelmed to partake in them all, though. some are more active than others. Rx runners was fun because you could play soccer or volleyball once weekly at family first. there's APHA and SSHP, national organizations. some others you can apply to until after the first semester. SGA you run for positions and get elected.
classes - first quarter, study hard for micro (its more challenging than the others and you need to spend more time on the material) second quarter, immunology (same professor as micro), a&p (diff professors so you need to learn how they all test), and calculations (you have to write out the answers and your work, they're not multiple choic). third quarter i can't think. some classes require more work than others.
studying - our class typed up or wrote out notes from powerpoints and studied from them. the class president often typed a set of notes up and emailed them to people. some people stay at the school all day and study, some people study some at home, some people procrastinate. just learn what works for you. failing is getting anything less than a 70 (there are no D's). if you fail a class, you can possibly retake a final test (there are some requirements). if you fail that you have to retake the class during the summer. you can only fail 4 classes. failing a class AND a retake test = 2 failed classes. so be aware of that.
i can't remember what i included in the last post that got lost so feel free to ask more questions. i don't remember to much about orientation because it was boring and everything was so new. oh you sit alphabetically in assigned seats but have the option of changing your seat. the year goes by fast. you can find me on facebook or just message me here. :)

hey thank you for the long response. i just added you on facebook. talk to you real soon

Has anybody received information on financial aid allocation? I was told that we have to wait till June.I just want to plan well ahead financially.

DID anyone else receive an email from LECOM yesterday regarding to a lot of upcoming events, academic calender, book list etc...?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has secured housing and are looking for another roommate. Or if you're looking for a place and wouldn't mind sharing a 2 bedroom place. I 'm a 23-year old male going to be attending LECOM this year for pharmacy. Please give me an email at [email protected] if you're interested.

I'm new. I need help finding an apartment for just me. How do you do it when you don't live near Erie. Can you do it all online? I just know I want to live alone and somewhat close to the pharmacy lecom campus.

I'm new. I need help finding an apartment for just me. How do you do it when you don't live near Erie. Can you do it all online? I just know I want to live alone and somewhat close to the pharmacy lecom campus.

You can look on rentalguideerie.com or just search up on google for erie apartments. And you can also look on craigslist. I have only seen available one bedroom apartments that are relatively far from the lecom campus and require a car for a 10-20 minutes drive. Either that or you rent a 2 bedroom apartment by yourself near LECOM. LECOM sent out a packet flyer with coupons recently and they have some apartment numbers near LECOM. Good luck on your search.

Is it a good idea to get an apartment you've never seen in person? I'm sure I'm not the only one not from ERIE, how is everyone else handling not being local and able to look at apartments in person?

You're not the only one who isn't from Erie. I searched Craigslist and found a posting from a current tenant, I emailed her and she replied. Got the landlord's contact information from her and it has gone from there. I fly in on Wed and Thur to sign the lease and get the ID photo/computer thing taken care of. :)

I am a 2011 pharmacy grad. We are selling our 4 bedroom house in Millcreek. Great schools, great neighborhood, less than 10 minutes to LECOM. 2 car attached garage, perfect for Erie winters. Pictures and other info. at www.homesbyowner.com/70959

Is it a good idea to get an apartment you've never seen in person? I'm sure I'm not the only one not from ERIE, how is everyone else handling not being local and able to look at apartments in person?

My wife and I are in Florida (moving up next week) and we found a small house through craigslist. The landlord was really nice and sent up floorplans, multiple videos, and pictures. It was recently remodeled so we felt comfortable moving in without seeing it in person but I probably wouldn't have if everything wasn't new. We just scanned and emailed the documents back and forth and then mailed the final agreement back to Erie.

At first I was nervous about not getting one of those places in walking distance to Lecom because we're Floridians and have never even snow but (1) we have pets and that really limited a lot of places, (2) my wife is going to penn state behrend and we needed to be central to both, and (3) we talked to multiple people that lived there and they said that out of all the places they lived with snow that Erie is the best at clearing the streets and it's really not a problem to get around in the winter.

We looked at a Palermo property near Lecom (Carrollwood), a place right near the lake can't remember the name, Belle Village (the cheapest for a two bedroom and attached one car garage but farther away), and a property right next to Belle Village that's a palermo property. All of these places are two bedrooms, attached one car garage, and allow pets. So if anyone is interested in these I can let you know what they are like in person. Good luck with your search!

Received my letter of acceptance! So relieved!!! See everyone soon!:D

hey I recently got accepted last month, and I'm looking for a place to live. i'm a male from butler, pa. If anyone else is looking as well just let me know thanks.

hey I recently got accepted last month, and I'm looking for a place to live. i'm a male from butler, pa. If anyone else is looking as well just let me know thanks.

hey congrats on your acceptance, see you in august. did you join the facebook group for our class yet? you might find somebody there. good luck:xf:

I am a vietnamese female. I just got accepted recently, and looking for a place close to LECOM. Also, I need to buy a used car (not too expensive though). Any information greatly appriciated. My email is [email protected]. Thanks

I am a vietnamese female. I just got accepted recently, and looking for a place close to LECOM. Also, I need to buy a used car (not too expensive though). Any information greatly appriciated. My email is [email protected]. Thanks

congrats on your acceptance, did you join our class's facebook group yet? i'm sure people can give you good advice on there. also. there are some apartments close to lecom like laurel springs, laurel ridge, scenery hills. my roommate and I got an apartment together at gloria apartments, which is about 15 min walk from lecom as well. if you need any contact info, let me know. as for buying a used car, i believe there is a place on peach street that sells a lot of top quality used cars. let me know if you have any other question, i'll try my best to help

Hey pharmdnj718, I got accepted last month, and I too need to find a house, a used car, and other necessities. I looked up your link on facebook but the group is locked, so I couldn't join..... my email is [email protected] on fb, thx.