Lecom Erie class of 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I submitted my supp on 9/9/13 as well, and my portal changed today saying its under review. Hopefully we will hear something this week!!!!

Thanks! Maybe mine will change tomorrow

Members don't see this ad.

Just got an interview invite from Lecom-Erie I scheduled it October 29th. Anyone else going that day? Does anyone know what times the interviews end, so I can book a flight.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys I'm having a little problem with lecom portal. When I sign in and go to admissions tab I click on "Required Letters and Credits" it shows all of my classes and LORs as completed. However, it is showing my PCAT is not fulfilled but I took it January 2013 and obviously I attached my PCAT to my PharmCAS application. Also it is saying I have to still take 8 hours of biology but I finished Biology I two semesters ago, obviously I sent those grades with my PharmCAS, and I'm currently enrolled in Biology II. Anyone having any problems with their Credits on Lecom Portal?

I had that issue before, since you were offered an interview you should be good. Just call the admissions department and let them know so they can update your file. Might need to have Pearson send the score again.

I had that issue before, since you were offered an interview you should be good. Just call the admissions department and let them know so they can update your file. Might need to have Pearson send the score again.

Thanks a lot man I will let them know

Anyone going for an interview OCT 16?
I am scheduled for oct. 16, kind of nervous anyone know anyway to prepare for this interview
I believe mine will be group interview, not sure if it is a good thing or bad thing

Withdrew my interview offer from LECOM-E. Good luck guys!

So I went to the interview, I did not like it there!
Group interview was tough, did not give everyone the chance to express themselves or their opinion, throw the bone and see who gets it.
school is very small, old,
good thing: cheap, 3 years

Can you elaborate more on the interview? Why was it tough? Of course, I'm not asking for specific questions. I interview this Tuesday.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I went to the interview, I did not like it there!
Group interview was tough, did not give everyone the chance to express themselves or their opinion, throw the bone and see who gets it.
school is very small, old,
good thing: cheap, 3 years

Well now you have experience for your future interviews!

Withdrew my application from lecom-E as well

If you don't mind me asking, or answering, how come you withdrew your application to lecom? Something about the school?

I have been accepted to a different school and simply wish to attend only my top 3 choices now. Personally I have never been to LECOM-E or interacted with their staff/faculty to provide a sufficient answer for you, but it is simply that I need to be a little more wise with my travel money. Do not let my decision deter you from applying to what may be a great school for you.

Can you elaborate more on the interview? Why was it tough? Of course, I'm not asking for specific questions. I interview this Tuesday.

Well you need to know more about LECOM policies and the changing roles of pharmacists in today market and general things about how you can handle the accelerated program as well as why are you a good candidate, the questions are not really that hard but what made it difficult was the fact that there were 8 people in one interview room, so 8 is way too many for everyone to answer questions in 60 min and express themselves, some people just took longer time than others.

Hello everyone. I received the acceptance letter today. The only reason I am posting it is because to let you all know don't feel discouraged. The admission team know what they are doing and look at the overall application not just the interview. Good luck to everyone.

Last edited:
I agree!! I interviewed there on the 16th as well, and felt like no one really had the chance to express themselves. I feel like they only look at your grades since the interview is so pointless in my opinion. I have interviewed at other places and compared to them their faculty wasn't even that friendly or made us comfortable. The only good thing about this school is their 3 year program or else I wouldn't pick this school. Goodluck to everyone on their upcoming interviews :)

On the side note: Has anyone who interviewed on the 16th heard back yet?

So, someone really agrees with me, I thought I was the only one who thought that. I was placed on alternate list, probably because of the interview! I know I have good ideas and good answers but like I said I never got my chance to answer.

Yes I applied to several other schools. What I liked about LECOM is the accelerated program 2 years and 10 months.

Last edited:
So, someone really agrees with me, I thought I was the only one who thought that. I was placed on alternate list, probably because of the interview! I know I have good ideas and good answers but like I said I never got my chance to answer.

Yes I applied to several other schools. What I liked about LECOM is the accelerated program 2 years and 10 months.

We interviewed the same day!! I wonder if I remember you? lol

For those who were offered an interview, did you guys send a confirmation email to admissions confirming the interview date that you have chosen on the lecom portal?

I have been accepted to both LECOM Erie and Samford McWhorter for now. It's very touch to make a decision now. Things that I like at LECOM Erie are three-year program, professionalism/ clear information given, and inexpensive tuition. I can save $50k if I go with LECOM.
On the other hand, Samford campus is so nice and the school is highly reputable, long history of establishment.
I think we should respect every school that we apply to, regardless what ever decision we make.

Very touch choice for me! Any thought, please?

I heard lecom sucks.

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats!! I interviewed on the 16th as well and I was accepted too. We should all make a fb group for lecom and get to know all the classmates.

Congrats!! I interviewed on the 16th as well and I was accepted too. We should all make a fb group for lecom and get to know all the classmates.
Yeah we should definitely do that! I'm going to send my deposit in on monday

Hi everyone,
How long it takes for your guys to receive the acceptance letter? I just had interview with lecom on nov 5th. I checked my portal, it said that the decision is already made. Just wondering when would I get the officially letter. i'm so worried and desperate to know if I get accept or deny :() cuz my group interview was so good, there were ppl that already had or will have master degree by next may :((… thinking that I'm gonna get deny :((

Don't worry it should come this week

Did you get accepted already? Do you mind to share your stat? And when was your interview?
Thanks
Yeah I just got my acceptance letter a couple of days ago.... I graduated at ohio state with a pharmaceutical science degree and had a 3.3 gpa. I also have two years in pharmacy experience. My pcat score was pretty terrible.. My interview was on the 16 of October

Yeah I just got my acceptance letter a couple of days ago.... I graduated at ohio state with a pharmaceutical science degree and had a 3.3 gpa. I also have two years in pharmacy experience. My pcat score was pretty terrible.. My interview was on the 16 of October
OMG, it took them that long to send out letter? Why mine is so quick? It's probably the denial letter :((

I know this is LECOM - Erie thread, but did anyone apply to MCPHS-Worcester too? I got accepted to both schools and can't decide.. they are both 3 yrs, which I like but I heard so many horror stories of both schools. such as how APPE placement is ridiculously hard at LECOM and getting internship hours is hard too. I am from CA so I don't know anything about these schools =(
btw I was interviewed on Oct 29 and got the letter on Nov 12. It is a group interview but I was told that you are not being compared to other candidates... they are just trying to see if you can communicate professionally. I was not a science major as an undergraduate with no pharmacy experience. People in my group were mostly re-applicants with years of experience as a pharm tech but I still got in.. so those of you guys who are discouraged, don't be!!

I just got acceptance letter yesterday too. I'm so excited it since lecome it's my first choice ;))...
Do we have a fb for lecom 2017 yet??
I applied for MCPHS- Worcester too. But I chose lecom bc it offers cheaper tuition ;)

I just got acceptance letter yesterday too. I'm so excited it since lecome it's my first choice ;))...
I applied for MCPHS- Worcester too. But I chose lecom bc it offers cheaper tuition ;)

Congrats Nightstar144 !
I hope to see you in the class. I still have not made my final decision yet but Lake Erie is likely where I will go to.

Reactions: 1 user
Samesies, just sent in my matriculation fee for lecom

Reactions: 1 user

Congrats on your acceptance!! I applied to Worcester too, but I was accepted to Erie so I withdrew my application at MCPHS! I sent in my deposit as well. I don't think there is a Lecom erie pharmacy fb group, since its too early in the process I believe. Maybe someone can just make the group.

All we had to send so far was the check and the signed last piece of paper they sent you right?

All we had to send so far was the check and the signed last piece of paper they sent you right?
Yup, but they also sent me an email and asked me to send them all of my transcripts.

Congrats on your acceptance!! I applied to Worcester too, but I was accepted to Erie so I withdrew my application at MCPHS! I sent in my deposit as well. I don't think there is a Lecom erie pharmacy fb group, since its too early in the process I believe. Maybe someone can just make the group.
Thank you and I'm also waiting for someone to make a group on fb too ;)

My portal still says my application has been processed but to check the folder for what I am missing... I am only missing classes that I am taking in the spring and I have emailed LECOM about that. How long did it take for you all to receive an email for an interview?

My portal still says my application has been processed but to check the folder for what I am missing... I am only missing classes that I am taking in the spring and I have emailed LECOM about that. How long did it take for you all to receive an email for an interview?

Pharmcas application submitted 9/24
Received invitation to submit supplement application on 10/7
Submitted supplement application on 10/7
Invitation for interview on 10/24
Interviewed on 11/5
Received an acceptance letter 11/12
Hope these can help you ;)

Ok guys, i had my interview last week and my portal just changed to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 10 days"....anyone here know how to get around and actually have a glimpse of the decision?...am kinda nervous now, any help will be appreciated.

Thank you! It still says to check the folder for what needs fulfilled. Will that change when the application goes to the committee? I have notified admissions already. How long did yours take to say the application was under review?
Pharmcas application submitted 9/24
Received invitation to submit supplement application on 10/7
Submitted supplement application on 10/7
Invitation for interview on 10/24
Interviewed on 11/5
Received an acceptance letter 11/12
Hope these can help you ;)
!!

Does anyone have an interview for December 10th?!!