LECOM Post-bacc 2015-2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well do you mind if I pm you, i have some more questions
btw i only took microbio w lab got an A, took mol cell bio w lab got an A and bioinfoatics and analytic chem both w labs and got As

haha i dont mind. I've never received a pm on here before so as long as I can find it ill answer. Sounds like youre on your way to graduating then with a 4.0 gpa from your small sample size. I didnt go out of my way to take upper level science courses I just took whatever upper level courses were required to graduated with a biology degree and that just so happens to be a lot of bio courses. who wouldve thought?

Members don't see this ad.

I did too. I applied to KCUMB's and USF's one year masters too. Hopefully they'll show me some love.

Congratulations on your acceptance!

I just had my seat withdrawn at KCUMB so hopefully you get it. Be ready to pay that 500 dollar deposit though (they aint joking). I opted to use my deposit money on an xbox one madden bundle haha.

Also get your MCAT up man I dont think 22 is gonna make the cut off anywhere and with the hefty price youre paying for some of these programs I wouldnt risk doing one without having your MCAT taken care of beforehand unless you plan on doing a gap year or something. I know at KCUMB you need a 3.5 and 25 MCAT to get an interview.

I just had my seat withdrawn at KCUMB so hopefully you get it. Be ready to pay that 500 dollar deposit though (they aint joking). I opted to use my deposit money on an xbox one madden bundle haha.

Also get your MCAT up man I dont think 22 is gonna make the cut off anywhere and with the hefty price youre paying for some of these programs I wouldnt risk doing one without having your MCAT taken care of beforehand unless you plan on doing a gap year or something. I know at KCUMB you need a 3.5 and 25 MCAT to get an interview.
Let's hope I get your seat. They require a 503 on the new MCAT and they offer a prep course during the first semester. I know it will be extremely difficult but I am swiftly running out of options.

I'm trying to sell my Xbox one lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I can't pm you, I think you might have some sort of privacy setting on. Well if you could fix that if you want, I would be able to message you.

Anyway, I only took microbio with lab and molecular cell bio and bioinformatics with labs all As. I just got 3 Cs in science courses in my 1st year, but since then, My science grades have been mostly As, only like 1 or 2 A-ses..

But really your science gpa is a 3.1... No offense, but a little low no?

Anyway, what was your probation and dismissal about...?

Also, how were your most recent science grades..?

Okay I have tried to be really nice but why would you insult the person who is helping you and has already been accepted.
At this point I honestly feel like you are trolling. You know that you have a high gpa. Take the MCAT and apply. Got any questions call admissions.

Reactions: 5 users
Respect man you sound smart just apply MD. I didn't get any C's in any of my science courses just a ton of B's but I goofed off a lot and worked and missed a ton of class cause I like Netflix and joking around with friends. I mean education is important but I got my degree and had a lot of fun while doing so. Yet were still applying to the same program (even though your gpa is .7 higher) so its all about what your priorities are. Also im sure the tests in grad school and med school are hard so you cant avoid tough classes forever. My advice is chill out and take classes that interest you, not safe classes youre pretty sure you can get an A in. I mean if you want to do a post bacc anyways then you can slack off quite a bit. #doasisaynotasido

Okay I have tried to be really nice but why would you insult the person who is helping you and has already been accepted.
At this point I honestly feel like you are trolling. You know that you have a high gpa. Take the MCAT and apply. Got any questions call admissions.

Respect for being on my side. My uncle works for admissions at LECOM so hopefully I can have him blacklisted. He cant see this right?

haha jk. I wishes all the best for everyone.

Reactions: 3 users
Agreed. This person has PM'ed me so many times asking the same question. When I saw he/she on here asking the same question I was like really........

This person also insulted my GPA, but I didn't say anything about it (I can be too nice sometimes).

Thank you for speaking up and calling out the troll

Reactions: 2 users
Agreed. This person has PM'ed me so many times asking the same question. When I saw he/she on here asking the same question I was like really........

This person also insulted my GPA, but I didn't say anything about it (I can be too nice sometimes).

Thank you for speaking up and calling out the troll
Ha OMG I thought the same thing! He has PM'ed me several times as well! I try very hard to stay but nice but after I saw that he was insulting I just couldn't passively read his/her comments.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
@C-swirl so why didn't you get me in lol

I asked him about your application and he said you seemed too desperate and you wanted it too badly. You need to understand LECOM is more of a party school than med school so be sure to keep that in mind when filling out your application and center your essay around that. For example my intro paragraph is pasted below for your benefit (Hope it helps):

LECOM’s Health Sciences Post Bac Program will primarily help me achieve my future goal of being a physician by proving my academic and partying competency. I believe my work from undergrad does not accurately reflect my academic abilities, but what I lack in academics I make up for in personality and hilarious jokes. I regret not taking the appropriate action to preserve my GPA in order to be competitive when later applying to graduate programs. LECOM's party based curriculum and fun loving attitude are a great fit for me and I believe I can be an asset to the school and my fellow students given my diverse background.

Anyways feel free to use this as a sort of template and I know you'll reach your goals eventually.

Reactions: 1 users
Ha OMG I thought the same thing! He has PM'ed me several times as well! I try very hard to stay but nice but after I saw that he was insulting I just couldn't passively read his/her comments.

seriously this guy PM'd me as well, literally sending novels at a time, insulting me, questioning my motivations for the program, and just bombarding me with questions that he clearly knew the answer to. i hope he realizes that regardless of what stats he has, he'll never pass an interview acting like an dingus.

Members don't see this ad :)
seriously this guy PM'd me as well, literally sending novels at a time, insulting me, questioning my motivations for the program, and just bombarding me with questions that he clearly knew the answer to. i hope he realizes that regardless of what stats he has, he'll never pass an interview acting like an dingus.

Lol @ SDN for autocorrecting "a**hole" to "dingus."

Anyway has anyone turned in the 50 dollars matriculation fee? If so how long did it take for you to get that packet with more info?

Anyway has anyone turned in the 50 dollars matriculation fee? If so how long did it take for you to get that packet with more info?

i was wondering if there's an actual deadline for the deposit? not that $50 is a big deposit, i just don't want to give them a decision before i'm sure. since people can apply to the program up until September, i would imagine we don't actually have to make the deposit for a while? i wish they woulda sent the packet with the acceptance letter.

i was wondering if there's an actual deadline for the deposit? not that $50 is a big deposit, i just don't want to give them a decision before i'm sure. since people can apply to the program up until September, i would imagine we don't actually have to make the deposit for a while? i wish they woulda sent the packet with the acceptance letter.
Mine said april 24th was the deadline for the deposit. I wish we would have longer but I understand them wanting to know sooner if they have a seat to give away or not.

I mailed the deposit in on March 10th, and received the additional information on the 16th which came via email. I believe in your acceptance letter it tells you when the deposit is due.

Hey hey hey! Look I did not mean to insult you or anyone here. If I did, I am very very sorry. Maybe I am getting annoying and I shouldnt have insulted anyone.Hope you didnt take offense c swirl. Btw you gave me good advise. Btw congrats on your acceptance :)[/QUOTE]="C-swirl, post: 16325696, member: 646692"]I asked him about your application and he said you seemed too desperate and you wanted it too badly. You need to understand LECOM is more of a party school than med school so be sure to keep that in mind when filling out your application and center your essay around that. For example my intro paragraph is pasted below for your benefit (Hope it helps):

LECOM’s Health Sciences Post Bac Program will primarily help me achieve my future goal of being a physician by proving my academic and partying competency. I believe my work from undergrad does not accurately reflect my academic abilities, but what I lack in academics I make up for in personality and hilarious jokes. I regret not taking the appropriate action to preserve my GPA in order to be competitive when later applying to graduate programs. LECOM's party based curriculum and fun loving attitude are a great fit for me and I believe I can be an asset to the school and my fellow students given my diverse background.

Anyways feel free to use this as a sort of template and I know you'll reach your goals eventually.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Respect for being on my side. My uncle works for admissions at LECOM so hopefully I can have him blacklisted. He cant see this right?

haha jk. I wishes all the best for everyone.
I mean't I didn't mean to insult you, hope you weren't offended. Thanks for your advice man :).

hey all I just sent an "inquiry" for this program. any idea when ill be able to login and start my app?

Spoke to Mr. Murphy about 2-3 weeks ago and he said that my application would be reviewed then... but my status update just changed to "
The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days." today.

Not sure why it took awhile (maybe I was in the review again pile?? if such a thing exists) but I'm a bit excited to find out what the decision is! Hopefully I can get the letter this Friday

Would it be wise to begin looking for an apartment now? I kind of get the feeling it might be too early, but not sure how things go in Erie.

I was looking on craigslist recently, and most listings are for places available for May. My friend who lives in erie told me to start looking in may/june for something that's available in August. Of course if you want to move in earlier then you probably should look now. Erie has a lot of affordable apartments - but the apartment complex across the street from LECOM is ridiculously expensive.

Why do you people think it is guaranteed acceptance? On the website is says that acceptance is not guaranteed!

I was looking on craigslist recently, and most listings are for places available for May. My friend who lives in erie told me to start looking in may/june for something that's available in August. Of course if you want to move in earlier then you probably should look now. Erie has a lot of affordable apartments - but the apartment complex across the street from LECOM is ridiculously expensive.
Omg yes! I have been looking at the Laural ridge/spring apartments and the cost is outrageous! I want to live by myself so my budget is kind of tight. I narrowed my list down to Winchester apartments- the small one bedroom. Only problem is that I dont have the money to fly out for a tour so I will just have to take the websites word for it :bang::(

I wish they gave us more money for school!- okay whining time over lol

Hey everyone, after reading this thread, I submitted my application even though I haven't taken the MCAT (I'll be taking it April 18). I just requested that transcripts be sent as well. I was first notified yesterday that I had a few things missing (MCAT and official transcripts), which I expected. What's weird is I got an email this morning saying that my application is under review..
That scares me a bit because I don't have my official transcripts or a MCAT score to them yet. I submitted early because, like every program, it's good to get everything in and just have them wait on your MCAT scores.

Any thoughts? I'm hoping they just hold off on a decision, but isn't it weird that they'd change my status to "your application is under review" if my application isn't complete yet? I'd be devastated if they rejected me based on an incomplete applications; that doesn't really happen, does it?

Hey everyone...

what is the deadline for LECOM post bac?? Do you think there are still seats available?

Hey everyone...

what is the deadline for LECOM post bac?? Do you think there are still seats available?
Deadline isn't until August or something. There are plenty of seats I'd assume. They take ~132 people.

Deadline isn't until August or something. There are plenty of seats I'd assume. They take ~132 people.

Thanks MBH... from what ive read if you have a 24 MCAT and a 3.3 in the post bac program u get an interview?? or do you automatically get accepted? I tried calling the post bac program but no one was available to speak to. Thanks!

Thanks MBH... from what ive read if you have a 24 MCAT and a 3.3 in the post bac program u get an interview?? or do you automatically get accepted? I tried calling the post bac program but no one was available to speak to. Thanks!

I think it's just an interview. I've seen people say different things, but the only thing I've ever seen on their website is:

"Successful completion of the Health Sciences program does not guarantee admissions to the medical, dental or pharmacy programs at LECOM. However, the college admissions office will interview students who are successful in the Health Sciences Post Baccalaureate program and who meet all other admissions standards and requirements."

Those requirements, I'm assuming are those of the medical school which are:

"Applicants must have a minimum 2.7 science grade point average. Successful candidates typically have both science and overall grade point averages of 3.2 or above. Candidates must submit their most recent Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) scores. MCAT scores taken within the past three years are acceptable. Competitive candidates typically have a minimum MCAT score of 24."

So same thing as what you said, but it's just an interview I think.

I think it's just an interview. I've seen people say different things, but the only thing I've ever seen on their website is:

"Successful completion of the Health Sciences program does not guarantee admissions to the medical, dental or pharmacy programs at LECOM. However, the college admissions office will interview students who are successful in the Health Sciences Post Baccalaureate program and who meet all other admissions standards and requirements."

"Applicants must have a minimum 2.7 science grade point average. Successful candidates typically have both science and overall grade point averages of 3.2 or above. Candidates must submit their most recent Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) scores. MCAT scores taken within the past three years are acceptable. Competitive candidates typically have a minimum MCAT score of 24."

ahh okay got it! thanks!

Hey everyone, after reading this thread, I submitted my application even though I haven't taken the MCAT (I'll be taking it April 18). I just requested that transcripts be sent as well. I was first notified yesterday that I had a few things missing (MCAT and official transcripts), which I expected. What's weird is I got an email this morning saying that my application is under review..
That scares me a bit because I don't have my official transcripts or a MCAT score to them yet. I submitted early because, like every program, it's good to get everything in and just have them wait on your MCAT scores.

Any thoughts? I'm hoping they just hold off on a decision, but isn't it weird that they'd change my status to "your application is under review" if my application isn't complete yet? I'd be devastated if they rejected me based on an incomplete applications; that doesn't really happen, does it?
The under review is automatic in the system but actual review does not start until everything is in. They will not accept/reject you until everything is in.

You have to have a 3.0/23 mcat for the interview

Hey y'all! I know some of you all were wondering when to apply for apartments. I called the apartment I was interested in today and was put first on the waitlist for postbac students. So it's not to early to get a great spot on some apartment waiting list!

Also if your in the fb group ya know who I am now lol ;-) :p

Hey y'all! Current post-bac here. We have 2 weeks left in the program and instead of studying for the comprehensive final, I am here on SDN procrastinating, naturally.

Just to clarify about the interview/acceptance confusions

The program DOES NOT guarantee an acceptance into LECOM the following year. All you are guaranteed is AN INTERVIEW in late January. However, that being said, you will have to really TRY to bomb the interview. You don't have to be the most eloquent, sophisticated speaker to ace it. I remember I was told that for the interview, you want to be "in the middle of pack," that means don't talk to much, don't stay silent the whole time and don't vocalize any extreme ideas that you may have. All they want to see is whether or not you are well-adjusted socially and can function in a group discussion setting. To me, it was pretty much a formality.

After the Fall semester, people with GPA slightly lower than 3.0 were also invited for an interview. However, if you got 2.0 from the Fall semester, I think that would be the end of the road for you, so STRAIGHT C is not an option for the Fall semester. Shortly after the interview, people with highest Fall GPA will get their acceptance, then the next group etc. If your Fall GPA wasn't too good, you might have to wait until after the Spring semester ends to get your acceptance letter.

So it all boils down to: 3.0 cumulative GPA + 23 MCAT + no failed class + good interview = acceptance

I think I only know of 2 or 3 other SMP programs out there that explicitly guarantee an acceptance and those programs either have high entrance requirements or target a very specific group of students.

Reactions: 5 users
Hey y'all! Current post-bac here. We have 2 weeks left in the program and instead of studying for the comprehensive final, I am here on SDN procrastinating, naturally.

The program DOES NOT guarantee an acceptance into LECOM the following year. All you are guaranteed is AN INTERVIEW in late January. However, that being said, you will have to really TRY to bomb the interview. You don't have to be the most eloquent, sophisticated speaker to ace it. I remember I was told that for the interview, you want to be "in the middle of pack," that means don't talk to much, don't stay silent the whole time and don't vocalize any extreme ideas that you may have. All they want to see is whether or not you are well-adjusted socially and can function in a group discussion setting. To me, it was pretty much a formality.

After the Fall semester, people with GPA slightly lower than 3.0 were also invited for an interview. However, if you got 2.0 from the Fall semester, I think that would be the end of the road for you, so STRAIGHT C is not an option for the Fall semester. Shortly after the interview, people with highest Fall GPA will get their acceptance, then the next group etc. If your Fall GPA wasn't too good, you might have to wait until after the Spring semester ends to get your acceptance letter.

So it all boils down to: 3.0 cumulative GPA + 23 MCAT + no failed class + good interview = acceptance

I think I only know of 2 or 3 other SMP programs out there that explicitly guarantee an acceptance and those programs either have high entrance requirements or target a very specific group of students.
Thanks for the input!

@UnoMas Thanks so much for that information -- makes everything much clearer!

Sure, I just want to pay it forward. Around this time last year, I was in your shoes trying to figure out what is the deal with this program and got a lot of help from the previous year students

Thank you for that information! If you are in the program, do you still have to fill out an AACOM application? The formal one? Also, where is the explicitly guaranteed acceptance? I could not find it, thank you.

Hey all. Current post bacc student here. Like UnoMas, bored, procrastinating, and figure I should give back to this forum. I remember last year, I checked the lecom post bacc thread obsessively to shed some light on how this program could help me get started on my dream of practicing medicine someday. For all the past post baccs that helped out, I figure I should also leave something that may help with your decisions or even help those who are sure they're coming to lecom. This is a one time post from me, so sending me PMs or whatnot will be a waste of time, as I'll be burying myself in studying for the next 2 weeks and by then, I'll have no idea what the password for this account was. This is going to be all anecdotal, and you never know how this program will change or remain the same for the next class, so take anything I say with a grain of salt, no matter how sure I sound. If anyone can give a more concrete answer, it'll be Jamie murphy although it seems he's extremely busy at the moment. So I'm going to try to shed some light on everything I wanted answers to when I was looking into this last year as well. Hope this helps and I will refrain from sugarcoating for those who want a no BS outlook on this program.

So I've been accepted and will be an MS1 next year. So yes, the program was successful for me. And yes, you need a 23MCAT and graduate this post bacc curriculum with a 3.0. First off, if you haven't hit the 23 yet, don't think your chances are shot. A large amount of students from our class took the MCAT while they were in this program and many were able to get the 23. It's doable, hard as ever, but doable. Although I can't really say how difficult the new MCAT is or when it'll be implemented, I really don't know anything about it actually but I'll say with good time management, yes you can still be able to study the MCAT. Second, 3.0 might seem like a walk in the park, but I can assure you, it is not unless you have an eidetic memory. I think we started with around 120 people, down to 100 now, and if I had to just guess the amount of people that currently have a 3.0/23 MCAT, I would say maybe 70ish if not lower? Just based on the small sample size of what classmates have shared with me so remember, grain of salt people. There were people that didn't show up after the first semester, and there were many who dropped mid semester. Whether or not they didn't get the MCAT, failed an exam, or realized this strenuous life wasn't for them, the amount of classmates would drop little by little. Now getting the 3.0, depending on your studying strategy or how good your memory is, can range from 4-8 hours studying per day (outside of class), and more on weekends, and more before exam days. Classes like physiology, anatomy, histo, pharm, are difficult and you have to learn how to study effectively. Reason I say effectively instead of just saying by volume, is that you get exams every 2,3 or 4 weeks that compile all the lectures you've had until then. So for example, if you've had 3 biochem lectures and 5 physio lectures first 2 weeks, you're first exam on a Monday will cover all 8 lectures. And sometimes, on the Friday preceding the monday exam, you will be buried with over 100 slides of information to retain. You need to make good study guides, flash cards, or whatever your strategy is, to be able to manage the volume while still being to study for understanding because subjects like physiology or pharm are beyond rote memorization, you will need to apply concepts which take some practice problems and thinking beyond memorizing slides. If you took it easy in undergrad, it goes without saying that you're about to get an abrupt change in lifestyle. Some people have to make flashcards, some make study guides, some have tutors, some study in groups, and some can just stare at the lecture slides all day if they have good memory. So for now, I'll say OVERSTUDY for the first exam. In fact, do all you can to get the 3.0 first semester and more so you'll have a cushion second semester to get some C's. I thought the second semester is a lot more difficult so far, but I know some who say the first was harder. It really depends on physiology vs anatomy in my opinion. Also, do not be shy in reaching out and making some connections with former post baccs, you'll meet some during your orientation week. They can give you valuable tips on studying and such especially for certain professors. I for one don't think I'll have time to, so I'm putting in my service hours in this one time thing.

Now, I see a lot of people asking about the guaranteed acceptance. Once again, I will not sugarcoat anything. Technically, if you get the 23MCAT and 3.0 gpa, you're not guaranteed an acceptance. But frankly, the only way to not get in if you have those is if you have some serious interviewing problems, fail a class, or commit a felony. Right before our interview, jamie murphy basically told us he only remembers one person in the past 3 years or so where they had to waitlist someone because the person had such an awful interview. You basically have a group interview with 6 other post baccs, each of you are asked a few questions (not very hard either), and you sort of have a discussion afterwards. In fact, the interviewers (who are our class professors) are very amiable during the interview which makes it a lot easier. I remember there were people in my group who either didn't talk very much or talked too much, or maybe had some awkward answers, but they still got in. Keep in mind, I'm not saying the interview is a joke, you should take it seriously and still prepare for it, and not saying anything bone headed like you want to go to lecom because it's the only place that accepted you. It's basically just to see that you can at least function well in a group setting and be able to speak professionally.

Now, for those worrying about recommendations, whether you need one from a DO or another science faculty. Once you get in, you'll be assigned an adviser who happens to also be one of our professors. You can always ask them for one as long as you do fine GPA wise and you could also either ask them or Jamie or our post bacc staff for help in connecting with a DO to shadow in order to get a rec. Very nice and facilitated process in my opinion, and although I recommend getting that stuff before coming here, it's not hard to be able to fill up the rec requirements while you're in post bacc.

To address rumors or the bad image that LECOM gets... Frankly, people are dramatic. Yes, we wear dress code everyday. But who gives a s**t. I'd wear a clown suit everyday if it meant I could be a physician one day. In the real world, you wear uniform or dress business anyways, this is just a head start. And yes, LECOM has a weird obsession with security and no food/drink policy. But again, it's not really a huge deciding factor in anything. I've talked with a lot of the staff and security people and they're actually pretty friendly with students. Taking a risk if lecom staff are reading this, but students sneak in food/drinks all the time into classrooms anyways. But if that's too adventurous of a lifestyle for you, there's a cafeteria with vending machines and served lunches on the second floor.Now about Erie. The weather sucks. Shouldn't be news for anyone. Snows a lot, the effort that goes into plowing is dreadful, and we rarely see the sun. Make friends with people who drive all wheel or get snow tires. As for bar life, yes, we still have time maybe twice a month to go out, bars and restaurants out here honestly aren't bad. If anything, they're dirt cheap compared to where I'm from. Many people don't go out and that's fine, but I recommend making a good circle of friends to rely on just so you won't be burnt out all by yourself.

All in all, anyone can pass this program. It's all up to you really. I can't predict how it would be for next class, but our current class really helps each other out since class curves don't exist. For those who have already decided on this post bacc, be prepared to work hard. While studying all the time, I really advice you to take advantage of the gym and just going out with classmates whenever the chance arises. Have a life outside of studying, otherwise, you'll probably be overwhelmed by the stress and studying. Oh and one last tip when it comes to professors. Each have their own style. Some talk too fast to write with pen and paper, and one in particular takes ages to even read a couple bullet points (for any post baccs reading this, you know who I'm talking about). But make sure to be able to adapt to each professor's teaching style, all in all, almost everyone uses their laptops to take notes. If you're still looking into buying a new laptop, I honestly recommend getting a touchscreen one because when you get to histo and anatomy, the professors draw a lot on the powerpoints. And no, you don't really have to get their window laptop requirement that they listed on the website. And last thing to remember. Be humble, everyone is in the post bacc instead of the actual school for a reason, if you thought you were the smartest cookie, be prepared to be taken down a notch when you get that first exam grade. Don't be afraid to ask for help, and as mentioned, overstudy from the start. Many students actually got into other DO schools while they were in the post bacc, so don’t hesitate to apply to other programs. All in all, if you’re still unsure about LECOM, keep in mind folks, the school boasts a 99% match rate. This post bacc was perfect for me, and hopefully, it’ll be for you guys as well.

Hope this helped. Good luck to all.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
Question for any current post bacc students - of those post baccs interviewed and accepted into LECOM Medical school (following completion of the post bacc), how many want to go down to Bradenton? I know they only accept 5-10 post baccs to the Bradenton branch, do those spots fill up fast? Or do a lot of people prefer to stay in Erie?

Hey all! I've just applied to the program and I was wondering about the rec letter requirement -are they strict on the format they've laid out or can i submit my pre-health committee letter? thanks in advance!

for me they were pretty strict about the letter being from a core science faculty . i didn't read the requirements closely, so i sent a letter from my research PI and a physician that i shadowed. a few weeks went by and I emailed jamie asking why my application was still under review, and it wasn't until then that he told me i needed to get a different letter. but then he also said in the email that if i couldn't get a science faculty letter then they could use the letters i already sent, which was a bit confusing because idk why they'd be so strict about it in the first place. i say follow the format as much as possible to avoid issues.

Last edited:
Hey all! I've just applied to the program and I was wondering about the rec letter requirement -are they strict on the format they've laid out or can i submit my pre-health committee letter? thanks in advance!
I used a generic one geared towards medical school, so I don't think it matters too much if it deviates from the suggested format.

Hey I have a question about LECOM. i believe that during the first year of post bac you are taking the same classes as medical students. if that is the case, and you get accepted to med school LECOM the following year, do you need to retake those classes?

Hey I have a question about LECOM. i believe that during the first year of post bac you are taking the same classes as medical students. if that is the case, and you get accepted to med school LECOM the following year, do you need to retake those classes?

I haven't heard or read anything to state otherwise. I'm pretty sure you have to retake all those classes, but at least you'll be able to ace them the second time around if you didn't the first!

Giving up my spot in this program to attend somewhere else. Hopefully someone who really wants it gets it!