Letter of Recommendation Not on Official Letterhead?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WindChaser

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So despite telling one of my letter writers to do so, they didn't write their letter of recommendation on official letterhead. One school has already contacted me that this was problematic and to resubmit and notify them after it has been resubmitted. My writer has already re-submitted the letter on Interfolio, so it should be on AMCAS in a few days.

Should I assume that I should resubmit the letter to all schools I used the letter for and update them? I already have an interview at a school, so I guess not every school has a problem with this, but I'm scared it might be why I'm not hearing back from many of them yet. Do you think this will have a negative impact on my application?

Sorry for the stupid question and thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Don't sweat it. You've done everything you can do at this point and honestly it's such a meaningless issue that most physicians won't think twice about. The school who contacted you probably had a program coordinator who is very meticulous in their job, but at the end of the day, these aren't the people who are making the decision to admit you. Stay calm!

It's probably okay. Adcoms can probably tell you didn't write the letter, just based on the writing.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's probably okay. Adcoms can probably tell you didn't write the letter, just based on the writing.

I hope so. I resubmitted my letter to every school, but most of them don't accept pre-II updates so I'm hoping it doesn't hurt me.

I hope so. I resubmitted my letter to every school, but most of them don't accept pre-II updates so I'm hoping it doesn't hurt me.

I know for a fact one of my letter writers just jerry-rigged some letterhead, because she told me she did. It was totally okay. Plus, believe it or not, most schools wanna give every applicant a fair shot, and if they have an issue, I believe they will let you know.

Reactions: 1 user