Licensed in CA but looking for opportunities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

/

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
Hello,

A friend of mine graduated from a non-accredited dental school (in south america,) but has legally been practicing for 10 years in California with a californian license. Is there a way to obtain licensure in other states using the californian license as a credential? My friend has not done an international dental program because back then they weren't needed for licensure.

Has anybody done this? Does anybody know anyone who has?

Thanks!
I'm not sure, but my recommendation he should call or send an email directly to the state board of state which he'd like to work.
Please let me know if he find something. Thank.

Yes, they can't work anywhere else except California.

Members don't see this ad :)
How exactly do you know this?

Thanks.
Hello, I think no one knows exactly, many dentists graduates of American schools if they want to move to another state one way is to apply the reciprocal credential, through this law, a dentist must work at least 5 years in one state, but you must graduate from an accredited school (this is not our case)

On the other hand, each state is like a different country, for example, Minnesota is not required to conduct additional studies (but it is not easy to obtain the license there)

I repeat my opinion, the best way in our cases is to call the state board of the specific state. I'm in the same position as you, I called Florida and they told me that you can only work here if you do additional studies at an accredited school.

You mean a two year international dental program or a residency?

Thank for the information!
Depending IDP works for any state (after to take the specific state board wreb nerb, adex...)
or residency works just in some states without previous IDP.
I know it's hard...