Licensing Issue in Illinois?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HHH3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know if the licensing issue for new residents seeking H1b visa in Illinois will remain or if it will be averted by this legislation? Any insiders?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I got this reply from the PC at UI at Urbana yesterday(thursday) and is says:::

Please understand that the University of Illinois is monitoring this situation closely. As of today, February 14, 2013, the state of Illinois passed legislation to restore the necessary funding. I do not anticipate a delay in the processing of any medical licenses for the state of Illinois. The information below has been provided by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation:
On February 14, 2013, the Illinois State Senate passed an important piece of legislation, Senate Bill 622, to help restore necessary funding to the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, for the licensure and discipline of Illinois physicians. The Department is confident it will have the resources to process physicians’ licenses in a timely manner, discipline physicians engaged in wrongdoing, and effectively facilitate resident-physician “match” programs for Illinois hospitals scheduled for this Spring.
SB 622 now moves to the Illinois House of Representatives, where the Department anticipates it will be acted on expeditiously.

so I am guessing it shouldn't be an issue ..... and also if you don't mind; i got a question for you :) ,--- do you have any info on these two IM residency programs(U of IL-Urbana and Alameda Co)?