Lincoln Memorial University - College of Veterinary Medicine C/O 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AppalachianAmerican

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've seen a few c/o 2019 pages popping up so I wanted to start this thread for LMU. I would love to hear from y'all when people are getting acceptance emails and setting up interviews:)

Members don't see this ad.

I've seen a few c/o 2019 pages popping up so I wanted to start this thread for LMU. I would love to hear from y'all when people are getting acceptance emails and setting up interviews:)

I applied to LMU as well and received an invite for an interview about one week ago! Good luck!

I was just wondering when you submitted your applications?

Members don't see this ad :)
I also applied and had all my stuff in by August 21...I hope that means I will hear back soon!!!

I got an email saying they were reviewing my application now, so hopefully I will hear back very soon!!

Mid September! Maybe the 12th?

Hmm hopefully they are just going from the top of the pile to the bottom, because I had everything in by mid August! This wait is simply agonizing! I regret applying to ten schools simply because it is just going to draw out the interviewing! Good luck with your interview whenever it is!:)

I also applied to LMU. Good luck to everyone! if anyone gets an update please let us know!

The waiting is killer. :scared:

I have an interview scheduled for December 15th, if anyone has one before that please post and let me know how it went. I am super nervous about it!

You guys are driving me to check my email every five minutes!!! I am curious as to how they are going through applications though...like do they simply go through your application and then email you? It seems like the other schools don't go one at a time like this o_O

I'm worrying myself sick checking my email..I really want to LMU. Good luck and send prayers my way.

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my applications in late August and received my interview invitation about 2 weeks ago. They gave me 3 dates to choose from and I thought it'd be best to opt for the soonest as there will be more seats open and I might possibly hear a response sooner. So my interview is next week! Yikes! Has anyone heard from other applicants about potential questions?

I submitted my applications in late August and received my interview invitation about 2 weeks ago. They gave me 3 dates to choose from and I thought it'd be best to opt for the soonest as there will be more seats open and I might possibly hear a response sooner. So my interview is next week! Yikes! Has anyone heard from other applicants about potential questions?

I am so jealous, it is killing me waiting to hear back from this school because they seem to get a jump ahead of the other schools! I also submitted my stuff in the middle of August, but i am curious someone else on this thread mentioned getting an email saying they were reviewing their application, did you also get this before you heard? As for interview questions, if you go read last years thread I believe somebody mentioned some of theirs! If not maybe try messaging one of the people who got accepted!

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/lmu-c-o-2018-applicants.1035314/

I am so jealous, it is killing me waiting to hear back from this school because they seem to get a jump ahead of the other schools! I also submitted my stuff in the middle of August, but i am curious someone else on this thread mentioned getting an email saying they were reviewing their application, did you also get this before you heard? As for interview questions, if you go read last years thread I believe somebody mentioned some of theirs! If not maybe try messaging one of the people who got accepted!

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/lmu-c-o-2018-applicants.1035314/

Ok I will, thanks! I did here from them a few days after my VMCAs had been verified. The email did say my file was being reviewed, in fact I received that same email twice before my interview invitation. However, don't be discouraged as there are 3 interview dates that they offered me so there are plenty of chances for you. The other 2 are in December. I just elected the October date as I knew I would be so stressed out by then plus the December dates are finals week at my undergrad. Hang in there and good luck to you!

Let me know if y'all have any questions. I'm a current VMS-I and a Student Ambassador. Good luck to those who have interviews and for those who are still waiting!

Let me know if y'all have any questions. I'm a current VMS-I and a Student Ambassador. Good luck to those who have interviews and for those who are still waiting!

Any idea how they review the applications? Is it just randomly review a few then email or is there a method to how they do it??

Also how do you like the school this far??

Hi all! Congratulations on completing your applications! I received my invite to interview on October 3rd, and interviewed the following Tuesday (Oct. 7th). It was a beautiful, progressive campus. The interview was nothing to sweat over... Dr. Faulkner and Ms. Patterson were on my panel. It was as if I was speaking to friends and family and the time flew by.

Currently stressing over my "status", as last year the interviewers were notified shortly. This year they informed us they would be following the traditional <March> decisions, unless an exceptional case.

The philosophy of this school is phenomenal. The learning model is very application/hands-on oriented.. something to be desired. Best of luck to all! This school is a high contender on my list. Worth the visit!

Last edited:
Did anyone else get an email about their
system glitching? Just curious...

Reactions: 1 user
I know it made me feel better since other people have already heard back! Hopefully this means we will hear back sooner!

Any idea how they review the applications? Is it just randomly review a few then email or is there a method to how they do it??

Also how do you like the school this far??
The reviewing system is different from last year so I'm not entirely sure. Interviews are 20 minutes with 2 faculty members.

As far as liking the school, I love it. I can't imagine going to a different school. I think the biggest challenge for the majority of our class is transitioning to block exams, which many vet schools have. I love that we were hands-on with animals week 1 of classes-we have anatomy palpation labs that coincide with dissection lab and clinical skills labs where we're already learning hand ties and instrument handling, as well as basic dog, cat, horse, and ruminant handling for those that aren't comfortable with different species (I didn't have a lot of small animal experience, while some didn't have much large animal). I believe we start learning our small animal physical exam next week, followed by equine and ruminant PEs the following weeks.

I also like how our schedule is set up-we're broken in to A and B labs, so sometimes I have the day/afternoon off because I don't have lab. In general, I'm in class from 8AM to noon-50 minute classes with 10 minute breaks in between. We are taking histology with the DO 1st years, which is actually a lot of fun. It's interesting to share experiences and differing viewpoints. We also have a vet-specific component to discuss species differences from the basics that we learn in histology.

The faculty have been very accommodating to our suggestions. For instance, in our last SGA meeting we discussed the difficulty of having 4 subjects on a block exam, especially with the DO school having a policy of no more than 3 subjects per exam because it's very difficult to balance studying for each subject. They broke the next exam into 3 exams on Monday and 1 exam on Tuesday, which I feel will really help us manage our study time better. The faculty are also very helpful-whenever someone has a question, they answer it in an email to the entire class so we can all learn from it.

One of the unique parts of our program is the communications component of clinical skills. We get to practice mock conversations with student coaches who help us determine better ways to communicate with clients and team members. The goal is that we are able to handle situations with tact and not get flustered or say something we would regret.

I hope this answered your question! Let me know if I can answer anything else!

One of the unique parts of our program is the communications component of clinical skills. We get to practice mock conversations with student coaches who help us determine better ways to communicate with clients and team members. The goal is that we are able to handle situations with tact and not get flustered or say something we would regret.

I think that is very cool, but it's hardly unique. Many vet schools do simulated client encounters (with varying degrees of 'realism') and practice various communication scenarios. Here, for instance, we utilize the UMN Academic Health Center's simulation center a few times during our curriculum. They pay actors to carry out specific scenarios that are videotape; then you review your performance with the actor, grade yourself, and have a classmate review you as well. Many schools do some variation on this. My favorite scenario was some 'unbeatable' deal where the client wanted you to do something illegal, and wouldn't take no for an answer.

I think it's neat you guys get to interact with the non-vet types for at least one class. I wish more of our basic science classes were integrated. Not much reason you couldn't do that for physiology and histology, at least. I mean, our physiology text was a human text; might as well learn it with the MDs.

Reactions: 1 users
The reviewing system is different from last year so I'm not entirely sure. Interviews are 20 minutes with 2 faculty members.

As far as liking the school, I love it. I can't imagine going to a different school. I think the biggest challenge for the majority of our class is transitioning to block exams, which many vet schools have. I love that we were hands-on with animals week 1 of classes-we have anatomy palpation labs that coincide with dissection lab and clinical skills labs where we're already learning hand ties and instrument handling, as well as basic dog, cat, horse, and ruminant handling for those that aren't comfortable with different species (I didn't have a lot of small animal experience, while some didn't have much large animal). I believe we start learning our small animal physical exam next week, followed by equine and ruminant PEs the following weeks.

I also like how our schedule is set up-we're broken in to A and B labs, so sometimes I have the day/afternoon off because I don't have lab. In general, I'm in class from 8AM to noon-50 minute classes with 10 minute breaks in between. We are taking histology with the DO 1st years, which is actually a lot of fun. It's interesting to share experiences and differing viewpoints. We also have a vet-specific component to discuss species differences from the basics that we learn in histology.

The faculty have been very accommodating to our suggestions. For instance, in our last SGA meeting we discussed the difficulty of having 4 subjects on a block exam, especially with the DO school having a policy of no more than 3 subjects per exam because it's very difficult to balance studying for each subject. They broke the next exam into 3 exams on Monday and 1 exam on Tuesday, which I feel will really help us manage our study time better. The faculty are also very helpful-whenever someone has a question, they answer it in an email to the entire class so we can all learn from it.

I hope this answered your question! Let me know if I can answer anything else!

Omg thank you so much! I was very curious about the program in general and with it being new I was wondering how they were running things. I am really anxious to hear back from them, they sent an email out on Thursday saying that they were having difficulties with emails, so I'm feeling good.

I think that is very cool, but it's hardly unique. Many vet schools do simulated client encounters (with varying degrees of 'realism') and practice various communication scenarios. Here, for instance, we utilize the UMN Academic Health Center's simulation center a few times during our curriculum. They pay actors to carry out specific scenarios that are videotape; then you review your performance with the actor, grade yourself, and have a classmate review you as well. Many schools do some variation on this. My favorite scenario was some 'unbeatable' deal where the client wanted you to do something illegal, and wouldn't take no for an answer.

I think it's neat you guys get to interact with the non-vet types for at least one class. I wish more of our basic science classes were integrated. Not much reason you couldn't do that for physiology and histology, at least. I mean, our physiology text was a human text; might as well learn it with the MDs.

Yeah, they do the same thing here. I actually have another recorded client scenario next week.

I'd also argue the physical exams first off aren't that unique either, but then I can't comment for every school. Seems more and more schools are incorporating hands on in the first few years and I don't think it is all that unique anymore. We had basic handling for numerous animals first year: dog, cat, horse, cow, sheep, pig, birds, rabbits, guinea pigs, chinchillas, etc. We were also examined on our animal handling skills first year. We also started off doing physical exams first year with cows and horses especially but also with dogs as well. They were constantly testing us on physical exam type things and how to perform one (unofficial "tests" the first 2 years) with an official exam third year that you have to pass to get into clinics. (This is at Edinburgh). So yeah, I don't think the "hands on experience early" is that unique anymore, seems I have heard from many people that they get some hands on experience before clinics.

I also agree that it would be neat to have exposure with the med students (if you have a med school as well on your campus). I think there is a lot in common between human and animal med and it is nice for each profession to recognize that.... what better way to do that then for the two groups to take some classes with each other.

How did your interview go? How was it set up? How long? Any suggestions?

I am hoping i hear something soon. I am a little nervous that they tightened their requirements this year. My grades have improved a lot so since I had an interview last year I am hoping I get one again! I loved the school! I waited until July to hear if I was accepted, I am hoping this doesn't happen again! Does anyone know if they have more applicants this year?

Has anyone heard anything else from this school? It doesn't seem like too many people have heard back from them, I know I got an email saying they were having some email issues, but I still am feeling a little nervous. Their site says that they review applications from October to Mid-November and you are either denied, offered an interview, or placed on hold for an interview.

I haven't heard from them neither. I am becoming very anxious.

I guess it is good we haven't received a rejection email at least?!?!

Do you guys think it would be too presumptuous to call and ask when they predict invites/rejections will be sent out? The email about glitches has me confused and it said if we have any questions regarding the admissions process to contact her...

I got an interview invite in October but until that I didn't hear anything from them . I know their next interview days aren't until Dec. 11th and 15th so I wouldn't worry too much yet....easier said than done!

I am just nervous because of the whole email glitching thing? How was your interview?

I got the email glitch thing too. I thought it was going to say they accidentally gave me an interview... thank god it didn't! But I haven't had the interview yet. The emailed me Oct. 24 and wanted to know if I could interview Oct 27 or if I wanted a later day, the idea of interviewing in 3 days gave me a panic attack so I asked for other days...I'll be interviewing on Dec 11. I think the glitch was that they were going to notify us sooner that they received our apps but it failed... I really think you're fine! but I also don't think it would be a big deal to call/email to double check

I had got an email back in July when I had everything turned in so I was confused that they were repeating themselves, but then I started wondering if maybe invites were glitching too? I'm just anxious to hear back or just even hear that they were reviewing my stuff...

I never got an email from them before that. I think they send out the first interview invites and then look at more apps and send out more. this is my best guess since there is such a large break between the interview days...plus, I think I was a last minute decision because I had such short notice. Just give them a call/email to check in. I'm sure they won't mind and then it will at least calm your nerves :)

Haha i am so anxious because some people said they got notice that they were reviewing their application...I know last year this school was very unorganized I was hoping this year wouldn't be so bad..

yeah, I never got an email like that. It doesn't seem like there is any order to it. Their website says they review apps from October through mid-November and that interviews go all the way through March. So since you know they received all your materials, at some point they'll review it and decided on an interview... My great idea was to just sedate myself for the entire month of November so I don't give myself an an aneurysm

Haha i am getting to that point! I just want to know if the schools even know we exist lol!

Haven't heard anything from this school either, but I've heard a lot of great things about it.

I got the email glitch thing too. I thought it was going to say they accidentally gave me an interview... thank god it didn't! But I haven't had the interview yet. The emailed me Oct. 24 and wanted to know if I could interview Oct 27 or if I wanted a later day, the idea of interviewing in 3 days gave me a panic attack so I asked for other days...I'll be interviewing on Dec 11. I think the glitch was that they were going to notify us sooner that they received our apps but it failed... I really think you're fine! but I also don't think it would be a big deal to call/email to double check
I will be interviewing on Dec. 11 also!

So I just got off the phone with Genell and she is super nice! She said VMCAS changed ownership or something and verification is taking forever. Anyhow she said they go over an application then communicate with the applicant no matter what their status. She said they are behind because of the VMCAS so they will be reviewing them well into February with decisions for entrance in March. She asked my name and actually found my application in the next batch to be reviewed!

Also for those of you stats freaks she said they had over 700 applicants this year!

Does anyone know if family can come day of the interview to participate in the tour and everything?

I got an invite on October 31 for an interview on Dec 11...they said family can come to the interview but I'm going by myself. Good to know its a relatively short interview! The other ones I have gotten say they are going to be an hour long....scary!

Odd. None of the other schools seem to be impacted by any VMCAS changes....

I heard Mississippi was also behind due to trouble getting the VMCAS, so who knows? Maybe it has to do wth when the schools went to download them?

Got an email with an interview invite on December 11th!!!