LMU C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you for saying that! I’m trying to keep the faith, it’s not my last cycle even if it doesn’t work out this time around— I know I’d be a good DVM and I’ll keep knocking till somewhere lets me in.

And congrats on getting into your top school, that’s awesome!! Gives me some hope that all the rejections happen so that we end up where we’re supposed to 🙂
Exactly! What is meant to be will be. Even if you don't get in this cycle (I'm sure you will) that does not take away from who you are as a person/student/future DVM. I also told myself that if I didn't get in this round I would keep trying until someone had to say yes😂 you got this!!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Do we know what happens if we get put on waitlist in terms of knowing your position and calling to find out where you’re at?

Do we know what happens if we get put on waitlist in terms of knowing your position and calling to find out where you’re at?
seems pretty ambiguous from what i can see from past threads. I saw some people posting about being pulled off the list into the class in late May but nothing about them knowing how far up the list they were /:

Members don't see this ad :)
I know someone who was called and offered a seat the week before class. They don’t give u a ranked waitlist spot unfortunately:/

Reactions: 1 users
Would anyone that deferred to Jan 2025 be interested in a chat? I have heard from all of the other schools now and am highly considering waiting for LMU in Jan and would love to talk to future classmates!

I was waitlisted this past April after interviewing in early Oct and when I called to figure out my position on the waitlist they said they couldn't tell me.

Would anyone that deferred to Jan 2025 be interested in a chat? I have heard from all of the other schools now and am highly considering waiting for LMU in Jan and would love to talk to future classmates!
I did not know it was an option to defer? I was accepted for this past january but had to decline because i was not finished with my pre-reqs. I tried to defer and i was not allowed to so had to decline my seat

I did not know it was an option to defer? I was accepted for this past january but had to decline because i was not finished with my pre-reqs. I tried to defer and i was not allowed to so had to decline my seat

I got very fortunate to have gotten one of the few spots to defer! I had to defer due to a job contract, but it recently got lifted so I trying to see if there’s any possibility that I could start earlier

Also deferred to Jan 2025 from Jan 2024 due to personal issues and was allowed to do so.

Yes!

For those who submitted fall 2023 transcripts, did you get a confirmation email that they had been received? I submitted mine back in December and it’s been radio silence since. I’ve tried reaching out to admissions a few times and no one has answered. I know the school is closed this week due to weather, but I’m worried they weren’t received.

For those who submitted fall 2023 transcripts, did you get a confirmation email that they had been received? I submitted mine back in December and it’s been radio silence since. I’ve tried reaching out to admissions a few times and no one has answered. I know the school is closed this week due to weather, but I’m worried they weren’t received.

I didn’t get an email confirmation but I did email their admissions office asking if they received it. They responded pretty quickly!
Here’s the email address I used

[email protected]

Members don't see this ad :)
And here we are at the beginning of another week where I am constantly anxious and have a heart attack every time I get an email🥲

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if LMU has historically rejected after interviews? Or is everyone that’s been interviewed automatically waitlisted? I didn’t see anyone rejected post-interview in last year’s thread but may have missed it

Has anyone who has been accepted for Spring (Jan 2024) and denied their offer been accepted for Fall (Aug 2024)?

Does anyone know if LMU has historically rejected after interviews? Or is everyone that’s been interviewed automatically waitlisted? I didn’t see anyone rejected post-interview in last year’s thread but may have missed it
From last year experience, you are on waitlist until they fill the class then you get a rejection letter if you are not selected.

I contacted admissions last week, and they would not specify a date for the next wave, but only assured me that the Fall class is not full yet.

I don’t like the waves. It brings on false hope and prolonged anxiety. I just want to know one way or another at this point, so I can start planning. There should really be a set day that schools have to send out decisions. I know that’s not the case, but it’s such a painful wait.

Reactions: 6 users
Seems last year another wave of acceptances was sent out first week of February

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah they seem to have a pattern of sending out a few early acceptances in December, the rest in February, and then small waves on a rolling basis as seats are declined until the class is full from what I've been able to tell via past threads

Reactions: 5 users
For those that received the email earlier in the month regarding in person tours for accepted students, on the sign up there are two options: “tours” and “experience lmu”. Does anyone happen to know the difference?

Historically, iirc, decision notice for interviewed (waitlisted, denied) does not come out until after the AAVMC April deadline for students to provide accept/deny. And I think its closer to summer (May) interviewed folks maybe denied, so it is unlikely interviewed applicants would receive bad news in the meantime.

Yeah they seem to have a pattern of sending out a few early acceptances in December, the rest in February, and then small waves on a rolling basis as seats are declined until the class is full from what I've been able to tell via past threads
The first Jan class LMU got the approval in Oct from the COE, so 3 months before classes started. 2024 Jan had more time, so past cycles may not be a good reference. Interviews started in the summer vs fall, too. Way earlier than before.

For those that received the email earlier in the month regarding in person tours for accepted students, on the sign up there are two options: “tours” and “experience lmu”. Does anyone happen to know the difference?
Tours will likely be of campus.

Experience LMU is more .. involved. Tour, activity, info kinda deal.

The first Jan class LMU got the approval in Oct from the COE, so 3 months before classes started. 2024 Jan had more time, so past cycles may not be a good reference. Interviews started in the summer vs fall, too. Way earlier than before.
That’s true, a lot of people got their Fall interviews out of the way in the late Summer/early Fall. Maybe the next acceptances could be a little earlier this year in light of that? Probably wishful thinking but hey

That’s true, a lot of people got their Fall interviews out of the way in the late Summer/early Fall. Maybe the next acceptances could be a little earlier this year in light of that? Probably wishful thinking but hey
Since LMU is “rolling admissions” they don’t need to adhere to the April 15th deadline thing that other schools follow. They send out acceptances for months until the class is fun so many people get acceptances for fall into the summer - not even from off the waitlist, just generally being accepted

I really hope they send out more acceptance soon. I interviewed in October

Reactions: 11 users
The deadline for Transcripts is approaching on the 31st. I would give them some time before another round comes out^

Still haven’t heard a peep from them.. no interview no nothing

• Wow
Has anyone emailed about acceptances? I’ve heard from others school roughly when acceptances will be released but haven’t heard anything from them

Has anyone emailed about acceptances? I’ve heard from others school roughly when acceptances will be released but haven’t heard anything from them
They just told me that they are sending them in the "days and weeks to come" 🙃

I have not heard anything yet. I reached out and they said I was on the waitlist for interview and they will still be conducting interviews past January

I have not heard anything yet. I reached out and they said I was on the waitlist for interview and they will still be conducting interviews past January
Their methods are very interesting to me because it seems there’s SO MANY applicants that have interviewed back into august at this point who have heard nothing yet they’re still conducting more interviews without accepting or rejecting more applicants they’ve already interviewed? Seems slightly ass backwards to me

Reactions: 4 users
Their methods are very interesting to me because it seems there’s SO MANY applicants that have interviewed back into august at this point who have heard nothing yet they’re still conducting more interviews without accepting or rejecting more applicants they’ve already interviewed? Seems slightly ass backwards to me
"Slightly ass backwards" made me exhale loudly through my nose

I’m honestly so afraid that they aren’t going to be sending more acceptances soon and have us wait. I’m from California so making that move last minute would be extremely hard.