LOMA LINDA INTERVIEW & Dexterity and Case Study Test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How many out of 124 get called for interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone!
I just got a call and I got rejected. I am so disappointed as I thought this program is the least competitive one because of the NBDE part 2 requirement. I think my acceptance chances are not very high!:mad:

Hello Dr.Mitchell,
i have a question that does it make difference in your profile whether you have green card or citizenship and you are a california resident too?
thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello Dr.Mitchell,
i have a question that does it make difference in your profile whether you have green card or citizenship and you are a california resident too?
thanks

That is a question best answered by the admissions department, but to my understanding that does not make a difference.

Brian Obrien,

Don't get disappointed. It happens to me when I didn't got a call with part 2 at some schools or some where I was Interviewed but wait listed. It happens with everybody. Keep doing hard works as others are doing and you will reach your goal.

Congratulations, don't be too disappointed if you don't see me, I'm back and busy at my regular job this week. I was asked if I could help admissions with some of the interviews but my schedule would not allow it. We are opening our new patient treatment technology center on Wednesday this week and I have a lot of duties (official and unofficial) to attend to. If you're here on Wednesday after 11:00 AM stop by and take a tour of the new facility. Every senior student (including IDP's :D) will have a two week rotation through the center to treat their patients. It's very nice and a lot of work has been put into getting it ready. It is right next to the main clinic where you took your dexterity test, on the west side of the building. Dr. Mitchell

I'm looking forward to that Dr. Mitchell :D, hopefully I'll be there at 12 noon.
It would be a pleasure to see such a product of your hard work :) :thumbup:

Hi everybody. LLU Dexterity test and case study is all about money. They invited about 124 students and they know from the beginning who will be considered for the interview. They told us that the case study won't be reviewed and considered for selecting for interview, and it is impossible that they put their selection according to the dexterity test, because if it so, then I would be selected.
If they chose who will be attending the interview from the beginning, why they invited us for this test? To act as a “compares”, but we have to pay to them and for traveling. I believe that they invited who they know or their friends.

Hi everybody. LLU Dexterity test and case study is all about money. They invited about 124 students and they know from the beginning who will be considered for the interview. They told us that the case study won't be reviewed and considered for selecting for interview, and it is impossible that they put their selection according to the dexterity test, because if it so, then I would be selected.
If they chose who will be attending the interview from the beginning, why they invited us for this test? To act as a “compares”, but we have to pay to them and for traveling. I believe that they invited who they know or their friends.

I'm afraid you are wrong my friend... First of all this is not based about money... There are costs for the exam we did, the teeth, burs, stuff we've had, plus the service by the staff... It's all calculated, and the 250$ is quit fare for such exam and evaluation. Another thing is that the evaluation comity evaluates the preps without knowing the names of the candidate, and several evaluators are assigned to the same candidate to make a fair judgment and vote for him... I'm really sorry if you got disappointed, and I wish you good luck in other schools.

I agree with you. These people were not fair. Also, if interview call was based on dexterity, them I should be there too. I do not think they are using fair criteria. I was so impressed with this university, but now I am totally disappointed.:thumbdown:

I do not think people they have called for interview have exceptional work......must be other reasons.

Brian Obrien,

Don't get disappointed. It happens to me when I didn't got a call with part 2 at some schools or some where I was Interviewed but wait listed. It happens with everybody. Keep doing hard works as others are doing and you will reach your goal.
Thanks a lot for your kind words. I will do my best

No it's not fair because you've called 124 students according to school's criteria of selection. that is mean that all the124 student are a good candidates for the interview if they passed the dexterity test, but what happened is some candidates got the interview despite that they didn't do well in the dexterity test. if it fair, anyone passed the dexterity test should be interviewed and be assessed as a whole package with the case study that will never be assessed for the people who didn't got the interview, and you tell me this is fair!!!!!!.

Members don't see this ad :)

I'm afraid you are wrong my friend... First of all this is not based about money... There are costs for the exam we did, the teeth, burs, stuff we've had, plus the service by the staff... It's all calculated, and the 250$ is quit fare for such exam and evaluation. Another thing is that the evaluation comity evaluates the preps without knowing the names of the candidate, and several evaluators are assigned to the same candidate to make a fair judgment and vote for him... I'm really sorry if you got disappointed, and I wish you good luck in other schools.

Temdent, I'm sorry that the experience was not to your expectations but BeyDent has a clearer understanding of the process. All applying students who have met the entrance requirements (part 1 & 2 of NB's, TOEFL, transcripts etc.) are invited to the exam. The program director and I personally evaluate to consensus every candidates effort. (We both look at and then discuss to agreement the ranking we give each effort). This is why we stay until 9 or !0 pm each year. Grading is started as soon as the afternoon session ends, while grading only candidate #'s are seen, no names or other identification is used. For those who are selected for the interview, the interview score, the case study result, and the dexterity test are all considered by the admissions committee to select the final class and alternate list. I hope this helps clarify the process that is used to select each class. Dr. Mitchell

Does anyone know when we'll here back from LLU? I had a great interview! :) I don't know what to say about the people who are saying not so nice things about the program. I do agree that maybe it wasn't all about the bench, but people need to get over it. Anyone from Alberta got called..? Or close by? I'd love to hear about your experience!

I agree with Dr Mitchell,this process is very Fair,the Interviewers and Evaluators know nothing about the candidates,I was there and I felt these guys are trying to give chance to every one that's why they called so many people,its up to the candidate how they take it,guys be positive you will reach some where,otherwise start your own program,we will see how you will do it.
This program is one of the oldest in the country they they have experience and they know what they are doing,be thankful they gave you a chance,if you didn't perform why are you all pointing fingers,overall i would say God bless this people,for the fee they charged,there was wonderful lunch I ever had, Dexterity material,Man power,all on a week end, whether I get into program or not I am Happy with them. be Reasonable you will move ahead, coz "WINNERS DON'T DO DIFFERENT THINGS THEY DO THINGS DIFFERENTLY"

Dr. Mitchel,

Will it be possible for your university to publish the gradings done with just the ids rather than the names? This will make it more open and people will know what mistakes they are making and improve for next year or for other universities. I am a re-applicant and also got trained for the bench exam course. My instructor was happy with the way I performed during the course. I am still at a loss to why my preparations did not make the cut during your evaluations. It will be of great help if you can provide feedback to the applicants on why they got rejected.

People are just considering the $250 dollars that are spent as fee but there is a lot more the applicants have to spend (Travel + Stay + transport + food) which runs into more than a grand.

Do you really think that the evaluators do not know about the candidates? (might not know while evaluating dexterity test) If so how will they meet their diversity requirement? They will be flooded with people of China, Philippines and India as they comprise of most of the immigrants.

Last edited:
Dr. Mitchel,

Will it be possible for your university to publish the gradings done with just the ids rather than the names? This will make it more open and people will know what mistakes they are making and improve for next year or for other universities. I am a re-applicant and also got trained for the bench exam course. My instructor was happy with the way I performed during the course. I am still at a loss to why my preparations did not make the cut during your evaluations. It will be of great help if you can provide feedback to the applicants on why they got rejected.

People are just considering the $250 dollars that are spent as fee but there is a lot more the applicants have to spend (Travel + Stay + transport + food) which runs into more than a grand.

I don't see that as feasible being that we donate a weekend day off to do the test and what you are asking for would probably take at least another week's worth of work to list each applicants score and correspond it with the flaws and errors of each of the 3 preparations. The university would not give us the time to do that as they expect us to continue our regular jobs and duties as well as running the application exam. Remember it is a competition and you are not measured against a set parameter but against those who have taken the exam with you. Your effort may have been acceptable to your instructor but fell short of what others turned in. I agree with you that it would be helpful to have feedback but it is a matter of not enough time or manpower to be able to accomplish that.

Do you really think that the evaluators do not know about the candidates? (might not know while evaluating dexterity test) If so how will they meet their diversity requirement? They will be flooded with people of China, Philippines and India as they comprise of most of the immigrants.

You are correct, we do not know the applicants identity when evaluating the dexterity exam but obviously the admissions committee will know who each candidate is when they select the class and alternate list.

your saying is not ture, also not polite at all

Last edited:
Me toooooooo :) Congrats Octopus83

Awesome:)!!! Congrats to you:) !!!!Have a great celebration weekend:))))))))

do they only call acceptance and email rejections?

Have all acceptances gone out??

Have all acceptances gone out??

I got a call from Loma Linda today but unfortunately I was not able to attend it. They left a voicemail asking me to call Cindy on Monday.

I am freaking out now:eek::scared:

Could it have been an acceptance, waiting or a rejection:confused::confused:

Did any one get calls for waitlist/rejections??

Suspense on until Monday.......

I got a call from Loma Linda today but unfortunately I was not able to attend it. They left a voicemail asking me to call Cindy on Monday.

I am freaking out now:eek::scared:

Could it have been an acceptance, waiting or a rejection:confused::confused:

Did any one get calls for waitlist/rejections??

Suspense on until Monday.......

I think you got accepted because whenever she called me today she told me that i will receive official email on tuesday but she just called today to make my weekend great so do not worry:)

I think you got accepted because whenever she called me today she told me that i will receive official email on tuesday but she just called today to make my weekend great so do not worry:)

Thanks, just PMed you by the way!

Ya she told me the same! So I am sure they called u to tell u that u got accepted :)

Ya she told me the same! So I am sure they called u to tell u that u got accepted :)

Do you guys know if they've called all the acceptances?

Do you guys know if they've called all the acceptances?

No I don't know but I think they r still calling people, don't loose hope and believe in urself :thumbup:

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

:soexcited: Accepted at LLU!!!

Thanks Octopus83 and BTO, you both were right, it was an acceptance call on Friday!

Congrats everyone :)

Congrats to everyone accepted . I got this email on 7 sep
Do you know about waiting list and the chance of acceptance in LLU ?

Alternate Letter email

I am writing to inform you that the Admissions Committee of Loma Linda University School of Dentistry voted to give you an alternate position in the 2013 International Dental Program.

If a position becomes available and your name is selected you will be notified by phone or by email.:confused::cool:

So I called Cindy yesterday and she told me she wasn't here last week so she has no idea about the list of acceptances. I haven't heard from them yet? When should we hear officially from them?

Congratulations to everyone , i created a group of class 2015 so we can know each other earlier, it is called LLU IDP Class 2015

here is the link:

Feel free to join:)!!!

Last edited:
I think it was just a late acceptance. I was not on the wait list.

Did anyone get any rejections ? Or they just put everyone on the wait list ?

Am I the only one still in the dark about LLU? To those who've gotten in, and haven't joined the Facebook group, please do... that way people like me ( ones who have no clue as to what's going on), can determine if there's a flicker of hope left. Thanks, appreciate it.