Looking for Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TKing

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in a dilemma. As some background, I am currently study exercise science at college and I am in my sophomore year. I did not choose my major until after fall semester and so I am already a little behind as it is, but to add on top of that, I have a new found desire to go off to medical school after my undergrad years. The only classes I have really taken are chem I and chem II, human anatomy, and intro biology courses and generals (liberal arts).

What I am wondering is if there is any possible way I could still graduate in 4 years and complete the classes I need to take before the MCAT (like o. chem, physics, biochem). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I am not entirely sure if this is where I should ask advice types of questions like this, so if you could direct me to where questions of this sort should be posted, I will move there next time. Thanks again!

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds like you need to whip out your course catalog and find out for yourself.

Sounds like you need to whip out your course catalog and find out for yourself.

What I am trying to say is would it be possible to to take the MCAT by the end of my junior year (next year) if I could only take Physics I and II and O. Chem I and II (no biochem) before hand.

Members don't see this ad :)
What I am trying to say is would it be possible to to take the MCAT by the end of my junior year (next year) if I could only take Physics I and II and O. Chem I and II (no biochem) before hand.
you dont need biochem if that is your question. Can you take physics I and II with O. chem I and II next year together? I did that. You gotta know yourself and your limits what you can or cant handle. So is it possible to take those courses next year and take the MCAT in summer?...Yes...Is it gonna work for you? you gotta answer that yourself. Are you gonna graduate in 4 years? we dont know your school and major requirements so yea take out your catalog

You don't need to have taken biochem before the MCAT...it's not really covered and won't really help to take it. If you've taken Gen Bio, Gen Chem, Orgo and Physics, which it sounds like you will have, then you're all set.

Thanks for the help everyone, my questions have been answered