LoR for different application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

imadome

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Why would you not keep in contact with them?

Keep in contact with them. If they thought so highly of you then, you don't want anything to change that, like dropping off the face of the earth for a year, then reappearing just in time to ask for another favor.

Since they took the trouble to write you great letters, YOU take the trouble to write them thank you notes. They don't need to be long or flowery - just hand-written. And once you know if you got the scholarship or not, let them know. (If they like you, they'll care.) If the scholarship means participating in a special program and you go, tell them what a great experience it was and that you appreciate their help in getting there. Again, not flowery or long - just DO it. That will really set you apart from your classmates.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you both for your responses, they are greatly appreciated :)

I have contacted them after the scholarship application but everything to do with the scholarship is now over. I won't be applying until next June so I do not know how to keep in contact with them until next summer.

Should I drop by to see them once in awhile and say hi, take another course with them, etc?

Yes. You don't have to take a course with them, but just keep in contact. Send an e-mail every once in a while, stop by to say hi, and update them about what you've been doing. It isn't a huge commitment.