LOR help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

de_la_soul

hmm
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have LOR's from a couple years ago when I planned on applying, but didn't cuz of personal probs. Is it okay if I use those? or should I ask them to re-send them with an updated date?

Also, I'm hearing a lot about committee letters. I'm not sure if my school has one. Are these types of letters mandatory now? thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

de_la_soul said:
I have LOR's from a couple years ago when I planned on applying, but didn't cuz of personal probs. Is it okay if I use those? or should I ask them to re-send them with an updated date?

Also, I'm hearing a lot about committee letters. I'm not sure if my school has one. Are these types of letters mandatory now? thanks.

I don't see why you would need to have the LOR's updated, not like the date matters or that the teachers opinions of you changed over the years. That is if they even remember you, so I wouldn't update them if it were me.

And about the committee letters, they are highly highly recommended. If you do not get a committee letter, you'll probably have to explain to the med school your applying to why you don't have one. You are definately better off getting one, I would recommend you contact your school to find out how you can go about getting one asap. Good luck.