LOR Writers dragging heels

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Marcion

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm looking to have my secondary apps all done this coming week... the only thing stopping me from being complete is my letter of rec. 2 out of 6 of them haven't submitted yet despite asking in May and several reminders over the summer... and one of my TMDSAS letters seems to be stuck in limbo since it was received by AMCAS. Do you guys have any advice for coaxing letters out of recalcitrant letter writers? I'm starting to worry this will affect my chances since it means I probably won't be complete at most schools I'm applying to till September when you factor in processing times.

Thanks,
Marcion

Members don't see this ad.

I had the same problem. I ended up driving 2 hours to knock on the door of his house and deliver a pre-addressed envelope. It had still not been received by AMCAS 3 weeks later so I just marked it as no longer coming. All the schools that I had assigned it to (luckily only a few) then changed to complete soon after.

I have no idea but i'm in the same situation. I'm considering calling my prof and crying when I talk to her on the phone.

On a positive note, I had a dream last night that she called me personally, apologized, and told me it was taking so long because she was publishing a research paper on why I would make the best applicant.

Reactions: 1 user