Lord of the Rings WW Game

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Awesome game mods! Villagers could have won this game if only the innocents would have followed DVM and my lead at the end with the whole LIS thing. I investigated him the night I died and sting glowed bright blue!

Members don't see this ad.

Awesome game mods! Villagers could have won this game if only the innocents would have followed DVM and my lead at the end with the whole LIS thing. I investigated him the night I died and sting glowed bright blue!

Haha There were so many times I thought the villagers were going to come back :p, but then not enough people follow the lead of whhoever figured it out haha

Hhahahahaha wow that final write up made me feel like such a bad***! Love it!!!

GO WOLVES!!!!!!!:smuggrin::highfive::soexcited::clap::horns::claps::woot::banana::biglove:

Members don't see this ad :)

Haha...we know! Liked your message of DIE EVIL CREATURE :p

I had a mini panic attack when I posted I had it and he came back clear....

And to think DVMDream wanted to lynch me to see if I was sweet or not without an investigation ;)

Oh and HUGE THANKS to the AWESOME MODS!!!!!! :biglove:

Y'all dealt with so much, so well!! Such a great game!!

Those wolves really did not like me in the end!!! They even stole my bread! Hey firefly, do I still suck as a villager? ;)

I outed all there wolves and exactly what happened before I died, should have believed me. :)

Great game, akdream and packen!!

All 3 of you were on my suspicion list. LIS was first so I investigated him first, then it was going to be you Shortnsweet. You guys were too against my "make him burn his veto" plan- which was a really good plan!

Haha...we know! Liked your message of DIE EVIL CREATURE :p

I had a mini panic attack when I posted I had it and he came back clear....

And to think DVMDream wanted to lynch me to see if I was sweet or not without an investigation ;)

Too bad we didn't. I didn't believe your awkward investigation at all. :p

All 3 of you were on my suspicion list. LIS was first so I investigated him first, then it was going to be you Shortnsweet. You guys were too against my "make him burn his veto" plan- which was a really good plan!

Haha of course we were against it.

How did you like my message to you?

Haha of course we were against it.

How did you like my message to you?
At first it made me think DVMDream since she was from the shire. When she came up clean, it made me zero in on LIS since he was Pippen. So it worked by making me waste an investigation but backfired since it led me to LIS.

And man when you guys started making your lists, I thought for sure shortnsweet was going to get lynched haha, but the wolves just kept messing with everyone's plans :p

Members don't see this ad :)
But you were so quick to unlynch LIS when I posted it!!

Needed time to figure our how I could convince the others of your phony investigation. Then decided I would probably be able to get more villagers to lynch you over LIS since you had not been cleared, apparently people didn't like my idea. I should have been the mayor. ;)

And man when you guys started making your lists, I thought for sure shortnsweet was going to get lynched haha, but the wolves just kept messing with everyone's plans :p

Ha so did I.

I filled up LIS' inbox with my panicked messages. Sorry buddy:oops:

Hell no!!!!

Lissa and I get all the waffles! I may let Firefly have some if she admits that I am not as crappy a villager as she originally thought...;)

Fine...Devyn and I will just get wastey face.

Hell no!!!!

Lissa and I get all the waffles! I may let Firefly have some if she admits that I am not as crappy a villager as she originally thought...;)
:thumbup: Mmmmmm waffles

Haha... Glad I wa able to make you run and freak out to LIS. I bet my outing you with the fake investigation had you.....:eek::scared:

You know...after being on your team before, I knew how you played, so my vote was to get rid of you earlier, but then other....let's say issues....came up.

TW figured me out right away after she died (she would send me frustrated messages every day lol)....but no one else suspected me until you posted your list, and even then I seemed to be low on the radar.

You know...after being on your team before, I knew how you played, so my vote was to get rid of you earlier, but then other....let's say issues....came up.

TW figured me out right away after she died (she would send me frustrated messages every day lol)....but no one else suspected me until you posted your list, and even then I seemed to be low on the radar.

You wanted to get rid if me right away this time, I was the first attempt at being killed in the last game.. Why do people not like me?:(

You wanted to get rid if me right away this time, I was the first attempt at being killed in the last game.. Why do people not like me?:(

Haha it is not that we don't like you...it's that we know you are good!!!

Really? I was investigated the first night by kaydubs who I subsequently caused to be lynched. There is some irony there.

Good job mods! You didn't let minor trifles distract you from running a good game!

Honestly, I had some suspicions but couldn't do anything without proof, so eh. I really thought there had to be a wolf in my group since no one was talking at all.

And awesome game Mods!!!

Just some thoughts from my perspective over here....

First, I was really excited to be a villager for a change. Having a role, even if a minor one, was icing on the cake.

Second, hats off to the mods for putting together a relatively complicated game with an awesome theme.

The whole PMgate thing was exactly like I said it was; didn't make anything up there. I didn't interpret it correctly at first (because I presumed Hedgie was a wolf as well), but that all became clear as things unfolded.

I was not happy with the conversion because I've been a wolf in every game I've played now. When I got the PM I was .. shall we say .. annoyed. :) (Not at anybody, just at the change of events.) I also was annoyed because the remaining wolves were on my "hmmmmmm......" list.

I royally screwed up the Day 11 lynch vote (the one that went 3 for Orca and 3 for me). I could have kept my veto by just switching my vote to Orca, thus extending my lifespan by a day and giving the wolves a slight buffer, but I wasn't able to be on to flip my vote. Oops.

Kudos to shortnsweet for going out on a limb with that Sting ploy when Lissa died. That was a high-risk, high-reward move. Poor shortnsweet kept wanting me to concoct a story to get her off the hook, but I felt like anything 'odd' would be more suspicious than not, so we had a few back and forths of "why aren't you saving me?" and "let's just sit tight and see where things fall...."

I thought the second conversion was purely a late-game add-in because of PMgate, but reading AKD's notes it sounds like maybe it was a pre-planned mechanism?

You guys were too against my "make him burn his veto" plan- which was a really good plan!

I hated that whole veto thing, Lissa, because in theory I totally agreed with you. But I really wanted to preserve the veto for my own use later and needed to steer away from your argument or argue against it. I couldn't come up with a good strategy for either, because you articulated it too well. Very nicely done; you left me nothing to work with.

I should have been the mayor. ;)

At the time I was elected I think I made good sense. (It was prior to my conversion.) So I don't think that was a mistake by the villagers; it just didn't work out.

Maybe people should listen to the dreams a little bit more....;):):D

Call me crotchety, but I think we *REALLY* need to have the dead people watch what they say. There's too much subtle hinting going on. When Lissa died, her comments led most of us (I think) to conclude she had Sting. When you died, your comments felt (at least to us wolves) pretty leading, as well. I totally understand that when people die they want that side to win and they really want to lead with the knowledge they have, but that undermines the game mechanics. I'm not trying to point at you guys specifically; just using those as examples.

I think we need to raise the expectation a bit for dead people overall. Random, general barbs and taunts are excellent. Anything remotely related to their prior role or knowledge or events ... not excellent.

I filled up LIS' inbox with my panicked messages. Sorry buddy:oops:

This is actually not an exaggeration. My inbox completely filled up. And poor LMMS - I kept deleting old material out of the posts, so she had to go read every message instead of just reading one to catch up. Sorry, LMMS, my bad.

Awesome game, mods! I highly suggest you two put another one together down the line.

Kudos to shortnsweet for going out on a limb with that Sting ploy when Lissa died. That was a high-risk, high-reward move. Poor shortnsweet kept wanting me to concoct a story to get her off the hook, but I felt like anything 'odd' would be more suspicious than not, so we had a few back and forths of "why aren't you saving me?" and "let's just sit tight and see where things fall...."

This is actually not an exaggeration. My inbox completely filled up.

Haha well...I thought I would be fine with the cloak/investigation, but when I realized that was not the case, I feared both of us would die immediately. I was not in the mood to be patient and wait to die :p

Again...sorry for the inbox overflow, and making you a wolfie when you didn't want to be--it was either that or killing you!! We thought we would have had Sheepie for longer...

Call me crotchety, but I think we *REALLY* need to have the dead people watch what they say. There's too much subtle hinting going on. When Lissa died, her comments led most of us (I think) to conclude she had Sting. When you died, your comments felt (at least to us wolves) pretty leading, as well. I totally understand that when people die they want that side to win and they really want to lead with the knowledge they have, but that undermines the game mechanics. I'm not trying to point at you guys specifically; just using those as examples.

I think we need to raise the expectation a bit for dead people overall. Random, general barbs and taunts are excellent. Anything remotely related to their prior role or knowledge or events ... not excellent.

Lissa's post, may have had some influence, but obviously not. I would have picked up on shortnsweet's awkward revelation even without Lissa's comment. It was just posted way too late after the mods had posted the night results, she had been on and posting after night results were put up, I had sting twice and never got my responses after night results and the PM from the mods for my attempt at being silenced was before night results...it was too awkward. I just needed time to think of a way to articulate to the rest of the group. Also, when you are a wolf ANYTHING the dead say seems like a give away. Even in the last game when I was a wolf and you would occasionally leave something I kept thinking, "I wish people would shut up." I think you are just more on edge and sensitive to what others say as a wolf. Especially since you know what is going on. I don't think any of my comments would have swayed anybody it is the same comments almost everyone posts. "Go villagers." "Get more wolves."

Once you killed me there was no way for the villagers to win... there were not enough active players from them to pull off a victory.

Yeah go wolves!
sFun_crazydance.gif
It had been a while since I had been a wolf, almost forgot how fun it is. Being deceitful is what I'm good at.:D

Good game mods, especially dealing with all the stuff that came up. And thanks for not creating a facebook item;)

Lissa's post, may have had some influence, but obviously not.

It had more influence than you thought. If it hadn't led us (wolves) to conclude she had Sting, we may not have tried the ploy.

And when a lynch is in progress, and it's currently stacked against an innocent, and a dead person posts "Come on innocents!!!! Lynch the WOLVES!!!" ... yeah, I think that's leading.

Look, I'm not trying to sit here and argue the specifics of the two examples I used; that's not the point. The point is that when dead people say anything leading, suggestive, or whatever - it's very frustrating to the remaining players on the opposite team. Just seems not very courteous to me. Why not just sit back and wait and let the game play out, instead? Why even risk manipulating the game? Is it that important to get a comment in?

Just asking for a little courtesy.

Last edited:
Are you kidding? That was the awesomest item ever. :)
Watching the people at the beginning of that game try to figure out how to say what they wanted to say was hilarious. My proudest mod creation!

It had more influence than you thought. If it hadn't led us (wolves) to conclude she had Sting, we may not have tried the ploy.

And when a lynch is in progress, and it's currently stacked against an innocent, and a dead person posts "Come on innocents!!!! Lynch the WOLVES!!!" ... yeah, I think that's leading.

Look, I'm not trying to sit here and argue the specifics of the two examples I used; that's not the point. The point is that when dead people say anything leading, suggestive, or whatever - it's very frustrating to the remaining players on the opposite team. Just seems not very courteous to me. Why not just sit back and wait and let the game play out, instead?

Just asking for a little courtesy.

I think Lissa's was giving away a little too much..

Maybe I am just an antsy wolf but even last game when the wolves kept posting that "evil will win" or "go wolves" it always seemed to be right at the times I was posting. I thought for sure that everyone else would have picked up on it. Even the posts by villagers saying "I have things I wanted to say." or "I was right", etc, etc seemed like too much information. You are way more sensitive to the dead people's posts as a wolf than as a villager (you will have to be a villager in order to realize this). We will just have to agree to disagree though.

Maybe you're too good at the core. ;)

NEVER!! I like being evil more than being innocent, it just gets harder. Especially one you are one vs. 13 and about to by lynched and you really don't want the game to end with 12 villagers so you are desperately trying anything to get people to swtich their votes....

Being a wolf can get crazy.

Alright, we need another game. I am really not enjoying studying epidemiology/public health. Give me a distraction!

You are way more sensitive to the dead people's posts as a wolf than as a villager (you will have to be a villager in order to realize this). We will just have to agree to disagree though.

I dunno, I complained about dead people's posts in the JP game when I was a seer. I think dead players leading other players into anything is a big problem, actually.

Speed WW??

I might be able to play. We would have to start around 11AM (in an hour and a half). Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to play until 6PM or later (PST).
Hmmm, I could get behind that. Anyone else want to mod?