This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL you're confused man. I agree to disagree.

Tell me which order of events I listed you disagree with.

Members don't see this ad.

Super stressed right now. Not sure what to do. Counselor is not good at giving advice. Need someone to help me out and show me a path to take. I am currently a senior at MSU. Right now I am clueless of what I should do. Is it too late to apply for post bac programs? Or should I do masters? Or should i do accelerated nursing and then apply to DO schools? I am trying not to give up.
My STATS:
cGPA: 2.8
sGPA: 2.75
MCAT: 480, 483
CNA hours: 500
Shadowing DO hours: 30
Volunteer hours: 100

There is nothing to be confused about. If I was in your situation, I would go for the BSN/NP route.
While it is easier to get into a Pod school (I'm not saying that you will be accepted), many people forget that the Pod curriculum is very similar to that of the MD/DO. That said, your mcat score and the low sci gpa tells me that you may not make it out from the basic sciences if you go the Pod route.

I'm also not saying that the nursing route will be a breeze but your chances of making out as a BSN is higher (imo). Good luck, OP.

Reactions: 2 users
There is nothing to be confused about. If I was in your situation, I would go for the BSN/NP route.
While it is easier to get into a Pod school (I'm not saying that you will be accepted), many people forget that the Pod curriculum is very similar to that of the MD/DO. That said, your mcat score and the low sci gpa tells me that you may not make it out from the basic sciences if you go the Pod route.

I'm also not saying that the nursing route will be a breeze but your chances of making out as a BSN is higher (imo). Good luck, OP.

Average MCAT for podiatry is around 495+.

OP still needs much more work.

Members don't see this ad :)
1. Make sure they can score 500+ on practice MCAT tests
2. Take post-bac. courses that SMP programs may need to have.
3. Take the MCAT again, because most SMP have minimum MCAT scores in the 490's
4. Take the SMP program with their MCAT score. If it was good enough for SMP, hopefully they don't have to retake another MCAT for actual med. school
5. Make sure LORs are good, and EC's are golden.
6. Apply early and broadly.

1. Do a DIY Post-bac and maintain A's until GPAs are above cutoffs ~3.0. Plus boost your EC's
2. Once you have a solid upward trend and your GPAs are at or above 3.0, dedicate time and study for the MCAT (take the test only when you're hitting your target score)
3. Take the MCAT. If your MCAT is 500+ then apply to DO schools. If MCAT is 509+ and your eyes are set on MD schools, apply/do a SMP at an allopathic school. If your MCAT is below 500, study for a retake.

You need to look into @DrMidlife.

Reactions: 5 users
1. Do a DIY Post-bac and maintain A's until GPAs are above cutoffs ~3.0. Plus boost your EC's
2. Once you have a solid upward trend and your GPAs are at or above 3.0, dedicate time and study for the MCAT (take the test only when you're hitting your target score)
3. Take the MCAT. If your MCAT is 500+ then apply to DO schools. If MCAT is 509+ and your eyes are set on MD schools, apply/do a SMP at an allopathic school. If your MCAT is below 500, study for a retake.

You need to look into @DrMidlife.

D.O. schools have said that GPAs that are slightly above 3.0's are not good and need repaired. Having a GPA around 3.0 cumulative and science is almost just not enough. You almost need an SMP.

Literally E-mail most DO schools and ask if 3.0 GPA for cumulative and science with great GPA trends after post-bac. is enough, and most will tell you that you need an SMP.

LUCOM won't even look at you with a 2.999 cumulative or science GPA. A 3.0 GPA isn't magical, its still just not enough without an SMP in most situations.

When you accumulate so many credits, then earning a 3.2+ GPA to even be considered remotely competitive is nearly impossible when you come out of a bachelors with 120+ credits of 2.5-2.7

For the people suggesting Pod school, keep in mind while her GPA might be acceptable at some of the larger programs (seriously, its pathetic what the big pod schools take GPA-wise), that MCAT is too low.

AZPOD and DMU might be out of the question.

OP, Pod school might be achievable . Do a bit of shadowing to see if podiatry is right for you (lots of fungus, clinical and surgery profession, mixed in with a bit of Ortho). If you come back and like podiatry, retake the MCAT and score at least a 490 on it. I recommend retaking the basic sciences and a biochem course that can prep you for the MCAT. Then, retake and get a 490.

If you are not picky, you can get into a pod school with a 3.0c/s and 490mcat. Try everything in your power to get to those numbers. I have heard of students getting into pod school with 2.8 GPA, but they had higher MCAT to compensate.

Reactions: 1 user
That.....isn’t normal...
Most of my local nursing programs graduate less than half of matriculated students. It actually is pretty normal where I'm from for the majority of people to fail out of nursing, especially at the local community college ADN programs. The one I attended graduates >90% of its matriculants and has close to 100% first time pass rates for boards... I fully believe in working smarter, not harder, and did my research before attending my school.

I don't think OP's a candidate for nursing just based on GPA alone. The year I got in, the average accepted GPA of my class was >3.5. OP's going to need some serious grade repair. Maybe a community college would take her, but I'd say most BSN programs are out of the question, and CCs are often risky because of the failure rates.

I'm not saying it's anywhere on the level of med school, because it's not, but nursing school is a lot of material and that's what makes it difficult. Add in the fact that some nursing schools grade on a 7 point scale (mine did... my only B+ was a 92 average in the class), so a C only goes down to about a 79/80/something like that... I think OP would struggle.

Super stressed right now. Not sure what to do. Counselor is not good at giving advice. Need someone to help me out and show me a path to take. I am currently a senior at MSU. Right now I am clueless of what I should do. Is it too late to apply for post bac programs? Or should I do masters? Or should i do accelerated nursing and then apply to DO schools? I am trying not to give up.
My STATS:
cGPA: 2.8
sGPA: 2.75
MCAT: 480, 483
CNA hours: 500
Shadowing DO hours: 30
Volunteer hours: 100

If you think medicine is for you then please don’t give up. There are a lot of options for you. But before you spend lots of money on these options, please do some introspection on whether Medicine is for you. If it is, you know where to go from here.

Most of my local nursing programs graduate less than half of matriculated students. It actually is pretty normal where I'm from for the majority of people to fail out of nursing, especially at the local community college ADN programs. The one I attended graduates >90% of its matriculants and has close to 100% first time pass rates for boards... I fully believe in working smarter, not harder, and did my research before attending my school.

I don't think OP's a candidate for nursing just based on GPA alone. The year I got in, the average accepted GPA of my class was >3.5. OP's going to need some serious grade repair. Maybe a community college would take her, but I'd say most BSN programs are out of the question, and CCs are often risky because of the failure rates.

I'm not saying it's anywhere on the level of med school, because it's not, but nursing school is a lot of material and that's what makes it difficult. Add in the fact that some nursing schools grade on a 7 point scale (mine did... my only B+ was a 92 average in the class), so a C only goes down to about a 79/80/something like that... I think OP would struggle.

None of the programs in my state are like this. I would also wager that the failure rate at the programs you mention is likely high because of who they let in, I have literally seen people go from a high school GED—>fail out of college—>RN program—> job—>finish the BSN after working for a bit. I could see people like this failing at a decent clip. Honestly nursing courses are simply easier than the slate of courses that one must take as a pre-med. I stand by my suggestion that nursing school is the best option for OP.

I agree that BSN programs are out, but there are a large number of RN programs that will give most people a chance. Once you have the RN there are a plethora of programs one can go to in able to finish the BSN, and often these programs can be completed online.

If you think medicine is for you then please don’t give up. There are a lot of options for you. But before you spend lots of money on these options, please do some introspection on whether Medicine is for you. If it is, you know where to go from here.

It is time for OP to be realistic. Two MCAT scores below 485 is a death sentence and if they really want to do medicine then they need to aim for a 3.0/490+ and apply podiatry.

None of the programs in my state are like this. I would also wager that the failure rate at the programs you mention is likely high because of who they let in, I have literally seen people go from a high school GED—>fail out of college—>RN program—> job—>finish the BSN after working for a bit. I could see people like this failing at a decent clip. Honestly nursing courses are simply easier than the slate of courses that one must take as a pre-med. I stand by my suggestion that nursing school is the best option for OP.

....delete

I agree that BSN programs are out, but there are a large number of RN programs that will give most people a chance. Once you have the RN there are a plethora of programs one can go to in able to finish the BSN, and often these programs can be completed online.

It is time for OP to be realistic. Two MCAT scores below 485 is a death sentence and if they really want to do medicine then they need to aim for a 3.0/490+ and apply podiatry.

I have to agree. I have multiple nursing programs where I am from. One of which was in my undergrad institution and a friend of mine graduated from one of the others (both BSN). The third is ADN. I must say that from my experience, it seems that there is a direct correlation to the type of student who is accepted to Nursing programs and the failure rate. I AM NOT BASHING RN's or their schooling. However, at my undergrad institution, you could sit in class and point out who was in the nursing program, or you can walk around and determine the same. Again, this DOES NOT APPLY to all nursing students or to all nursing schools. I am just stating that, at least within my area, I have to agree with you.

I'm sorry, OP, but this ship has sailed for you.

Yes, there are many people that have made incredible comebacks from terrible GPAs or MCAT scores, but they are not the vast majority of people doing this. Many times the people that do this don't have both GPA and MCAT as problems or perhaps have not taken their science. In your case, it is the perfect storm of bad events with having taken the MCAT twice incredibly hindering you where some programs average all attempts. I know that the temptation of going to an SMP/Post-Bacc will be there, but I strongly advice against this given your situation. Just 2 days ago I sat with a girl in the MS in BioMed at my school. She also had poor grades and MCAT like you during undergrad. Now in the master program she has already failed 2 classes. This girl will come out owing 50k+ with possibly not even a master degree. My advice is move toward nursing/NP. I can't recommend podiatry in your situation since I know their curriculum is hard and you can easily become of their 40% of the class that fails out each year.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sorry, OP, but this ship has sailed for you.

Yes, there are many people that have made incredible comebacks from terrible GPAs or MCAT scores, but they are not the vast majority of people doing this. Many times the people that do this don't have both GPA and MCAT as problems or perhaps have not taken their science. In your case, it is the perfect storm of bad events with having taken the MCAT twice incredibly hindering you where some programs average all attempts. I know that the temptation of going to an SMP/Post-Bacc will be there, but I strongly advice against this given your situation. Just 2 days ago I sat with a girl in the MS in BioMed at my school. She also had poor grades and MCAT like you during undergrad. Now in the master program she has already failed 2 classes. This girl will come out owing 50k+ with possibly not even a master degree. My advice is move toward nursing/NP. I can't recommend podiatry in your situation since I know their curriculum is hard and you can easily become of their 40% of the class that fails out each year.

Podiatry is 40% that fail out. Damnnnn....

It’s the first two years of Med school minus OPP for pod stuff. the people they accept are lower on the grade spectrum, so it doesn’t surprise me people fail out.

Still a better deal than the carribean.

Podiatry is 40% that fail out. Damnnnn....

For those who didn't know there are actually SMP programs that don't require an MCAT score. So if OP is still determined to make a comeback then doing a one year DIY postbac (to get into the rhythm of having a good work ethic) and a one year SMP, and finally taking the MCAT would be an option. However, a plan B would be highly ideal. Like many have said there are a copious amount of different careers in the healthcare field that would also be a great second option.

I’m only familiar with the two nursing programs in my hometown. One adn and one bsn. Both reject at 3.0 . Getting in might be tough.

Getting into a professional school of any kind will be tough due to your grades and poor test taking abilities. You’re mcat scores are lower than what some people could get by accident just clicking answers. I’m sorry but just please don’t waste your money. I’m very sorry.

For those who didn't know there are actually SMP programs that don't require an MCAT score. So if OP is still determined to make a comeback then doing a one year DIY postbac (to get into the rhythm of having a good work ethic) and a one year SMP, and finally taking the MCAT would be an option. However, a plan B would be highly ideal. Like many have said there are a copious amount of different careers in the healthcare field that would also be a great second option.

I would advising the ones that do (or other tests like DAT)

I wouldn't do a SMP without guaranteed acceptance to be honest. Otherwise it's just money going down the drain.
Given OP's stats, i'd definitely move on to a plan B.

I wouldn't do a SMP without guaranteed acceptance to be honest. Otherwise it's just money going down the drain.
Given OP's stats, i'd definitely move on to a plan B.

Some have a guaranteed interview though.

Better SMP programs usually require an MCAT.

As a side note, It is really amazing to me what GPA and MCAT combo pod schools are willing to take for the amount of invasiveness and rights they can do have when PA and nursing minimums are like 3.5. You are literally drawing through bones and straining them out as a pod.

Then again, they usually don’t take Organic Chem for nursing, or 7 years.

Exactly, one of nursing programs nearby have GPA averages of 3.5 for overall and 3.7 for prerequisites.

Some have a guaranteed interview though.

Guaranteed interview doesn't mean much, this much i can tell you from first hand experience. For example, at LMU-DCOM, while the masters program is under the same University umbrella, it has a separate dean. Its relationship with DCOM fluctuates as leadership changes at both the Masters and DO programs. So yes, you are guaranteed an interview if you do well in the master's program, but it doesn't necessarily mean you will get an acceptance (even with a 3.9 in the program).

Guaranteed interview doesn't mean much, this much i can tell you from first hand experience. For example, at LMU-DCOM, while the masters program is under the same University umbrella, it has a separate dean. Its relationship with DCOM fluctuates as leadership changes at both the Masters and DO programs. So yes, you are guaranteed an interview if you do well in the master's program, but it doesn't necessarily mean you will get an acceptance (even with a 3.9 in the program).

Pretty much. I know some guaranteed interviews are better than others (NOVA, LECOM) where a lot of their kids make it through, but i still wouldn't go for it without a guaranteed acceptance.

Interview means a lot.

It just doesn't mean acceptance.

Pretty much. I know some guaranteed interviews are better than others (NOVA, LECOM) where a lot of their kids make it through, but i still wouldn't go for it without a guaranteed acceptance.

I would, because other medical schools will take you with a 3.5+ GPA in an SMP program, even if its not the specific schools SMP.

Why do people let other's put them down lol. If you believe that you can do this, then by all means go for it. Only you can truly know if you have what it takes. Do a DIY post bacc and study for the MCAT.. I mean I haven't done either of those things yet but that's my plan!

Why do people let other's put them down lol. If you believe that you can do this, then by all means go for it. Only you can truly know if you have what it takes. Do a DIY post bacc and study for the MCAT.. I mean I haven't done either of those things yet but that's my plan!

There is a difference between putting people down and being realistic. I used to be the bright eyed premed/Early medstudent where I encouraged everyone. But standing on this end of boards I have become more realistic. USMLE/COMLEX are nothing to sneeze at. No matter how much people student they still may not have the capacity to pass them. The MCAT is a cake walk in comparison.

There is a difference between putting people down and being realistic. I used to be the bright eyed premed/Early medstudent where I encouraged everyone. But standing on this end of boards I have become more realistic. USMLE/COMLEX are nothing to sneeze at. No matter how much people student they still may not have the capacity to pass them. The MCAT is a cake walk in comparison.

Ya.. but I still don't think that validates telling someone to be "realistic". I was told to "be realistic" about attending college when I was in high school. I've been told to "be realistic" in terms of getting in shape, etc (you get the point). I'm not saying that OP needs to IGNORE all of the information given to them. You have to accept the position that you're in, and develop a game plan based off of that. But to tell someone that it's impossible and that 'you'll never make it', cmon :rolleyes:. The OP was looking for some feedback on what they should do, and that information was provided. The "just give up now" posts are pretty irrelevant and just help to perpetuate the idea that this forum is toxic (which it can be).

Also, is it not true that there are people who did poorly in undergrad (or on the MCAT), that have done extremely well on the their USLME/Board exams? This whole process isn't so black and white.

No matter how much people student they still may not have the capacity to pass them. The MCAT is a cake walk in comparison.

I worry for some of my friends who are barely passing classes. Some people think acceptance is the end, when in reality it’s just the stretching before the 100 mile race.

Also, is it not true that there are people who did poorly in undergrad (or on the MCAT), that have done extremely well on the their USLME/Board exams? This whole process isn't so black and white.
People who get 5th percentile MCATs do not pass boards, let alone “kill them.” Yes people who have less than optimal scores can do well, there are always exceptions, but the vast majority will have severe difficulties in simply passing classes and boards. It’s not like they have a 498 or something equally borderline, they have two scores that are so low my wife could go in and just click C for every question and do better.
But to tell someone that it's impossible and that 'you'll never make it', cmon :rolleyes:

With TWO MCAT scores below 485? That’s about as impossible as it gets. Of course there is always the “1/10000000000000” chance that OP somehow gets a 520 the third go around, aces a post bac, aces an SMP, and snags an acceptance but that just simply isn’t going to happen.

Honestly telling someone in this situation that “they can do it!” Or “you just need to want it enough” is doing far more harm than us giving suggestions of alternate paths to other fulfilling careers that will still keep them close to medicine and in healthcare.

With TWO MCAT scores below 485? That’s about as impossible as it gets. Of course there is always the “1/10000000000000” chance that OP somehow gets a 520 the third go around, aces a post bac, aces an SMP, and snags an acceptance but that just simply isn’t going to happen.

Honestly telling someone in this situation that “they can do it!” Or “you just need to want it enough” is doing far more harm than us giving suggestions of alternate paths to other fulfilling careers that will still keep them close to medicine and in healthcare.

I haven't seem much credibility in this "redeeming" MCAT stuff (Someone who gets 480 doesn't need a 520, they just need to get it higher to around DO averages the next time around (500 - ish)).

Committees will take into account your multiple MCAT retake trends, and if you're latest and greatest MCAT is around their average, you're ok.

That being said, OP needs a much higher MCAT (mid 490's to 500+), great post-bac grades, and then a 3.5+ SMP before they can get to an interview anywhere imo.

I worry for some of my friends who are barely passing classes. Some people think acceptance is the end, when in reality it’s just the stretching before the 100 mile race.

People who get 5th percentile MCATs do not pass boards, let alone “kill them.” Yes people who have less than optimal scores can do well, there are always exceptions, but the vast majority will have severe difficulties in simply passing classes and boards. It’s not like they have a 498 or something equally borderline, they have two scores that are so low my wife could go in and just click C for every question and do better.

Wow man my message earlier wasn’t even English. Thanks for reading through that. My phone autocorrects weird things and in clinic I have just enough time to reply so most times I don’t proof read

Your last paragraph is the truth I’m speaking to. It’s good and all to root for people but let’s be honest. If my family member had that track record I’d tell them to move on to plan B.

I haven't seem much credibility in this "redeeming" MCAT stuff (Someone who gets 480 doesn't need a 520, they just need to get it higher to around DO averages the next time around (500 - ish)).

Committees will take into account your multiple MCAT retake trends, and if you're latest and greatest MCAT is around their average, you're ok.

That being said, OP needs a much higher MCAT (mid 490's to 500+), great post-bac grades, and then a 3.5+ SMP before they can get to an interview anywhere imo.

I also haven’t seen the evidence to back it up but it has been mentioned that the first mcat is most predictive of board success.

Also how will they accomplish this 3.5 in a SMP if they are sub 3.0 and sub 490 in undergrad/mcat. Sure we can wish but realistically there is no proof of ability

Wow man my message earlier wasn’t even English. Thanks for reading through that. My phone autocorrects weird things and in clinic I have just enough time to reply so most times I don’t proof read

Your last paragraph is the truth I’m speaking to. It’s good and all to root for people but let’s be honest. If my family member had that track record I’d tell them to move on to plan B.

The point of this forums isn't tell someone "if" they can become a physician.

The point of this forums is to tell people "how" to become a physician.

Unless this person has taken every MCAT and blew them all, then this person can still be helped perfectly fine. They have 5 MCATs left. Same with grades, which they have tons of post-bac. work and SMP grades to prove.

I also haven’t seen the evidence to back it up but it has been mentioned that the first mcat is most predictive of board success.

Also how will they accomplish this 3.5 in a SMP if they are sub 3.0 and sub 490 in undergrad/mcat. Sure we can wish but realistically there is no proof of ability

There's threads out there where people scored 503 on their first MCAT, and then 493 on the second. Its not so black and white.

I agree the proof isn't there yet for his/her ability, the OP needs to get busy.

Unless this person has taken every MCAT and blew them all, then this person can still be helped perfectly fine. They have 5 MCATs left. Same with grades, which they have tons of post-bac. work and SMP grades to prove.

Touché. I guess how is to retake enough classes to do well enough on the mcat to get into a SMP. Kill SMP and pray. Should take 3+ years to secure a spot if all goes right. If it happens make sure to hunt me down. I’d love to eat that crow.

Reactions: 1 users
Touché. I guess how is to retake enough classes to do well enough on the mcat to get into a SMP. Kill SMP and pray. Should take 3+ years to secure a spot if all goes right. If it happens make sure to hunt me down. I’d love to eat that crow.

That's the spirit!

If the OP wants help, she should give us more details about her situation and WHY she is doing so poorly. Beyond that, we can only guess what's going on in her life.

I can't say if it's possible for her because I'm just a pre-med but I do know that she will have to make a huge effort to figure out exactly what is holding her back. If she figures out what is holding her back, she can then get help to address that problem.

With two scores below 485? Absolutely they do. They need to show adcoms just how much of a fluke the first two were. Just because you don’t believe in it, doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen.

That being said, OP needs a much higher MCAT (mid 490's to 500+)

No. A 490s MCAT will not cut it. They need a significantly higher score to even make adcoms look at the app.

The point of this forums is

The point of the forums is to give the best advice we can. Sorry but in this case the best advice is to stop trying and to look into other, parallel careers.

You should be banned for advice this bad. How can you, in good conscious, tell someone to waste $100k+ (that’s how much this endeavor would cost) on odds that are so infinitesimally small? Not getting into medical school won’t really ruin someone’s life, going into huge amounts of debt and spending years chasing something that will never happen could.

You should be banned for advice this bad. How can you, in good conscious, tell someone to waste $100k+ (that’s how much this endeavor would cost) on odds that are so infinitesimally small? Not getting into medical school won’t really ruin someone’s life, going into huge amounts of debt and spending years chasing something that will never happen could.

You should be banned for having a lack of reading comprehension. I'm the person that said the OP SHOULDN'T waste 50k+ until they have over a 500 MCAT.

You're the one that said the extra coursework would improve their MCAT, I said they should fix the MCAT before spending the money.

YOU'RE the one who said waste the money earlier.

They are looking at multiple years of repair if they are chasing medical school so i would say they need to first get As in core classes before they even think about the MCAT. They have some serious content deficiencies that need to be addressed before the MCAT even becomes an option.

Do you not see the irony here? You literally told the OP to waste money before taking the MCAT. YOU SAID IT, not me.

You contradict yourself absurdly some times.

I'd almost wager more than one person uses your account. Probably 3 with the amount of contradictions you post.

Last edited:
Do you not see the irony here? You literally told the OP to waste money before taking the MCAT. YOU SAID IT, not me.

You contradict yourself absurdly some times.

I'd almost wager more than one person uses your account. Probably 3 with the amount of contradictions you post.

You are really dense...you stated that it would be in the best interest of the OP to take multiple practice Mcats to ensure that OP can score above 500. Taking several practice tests with a weak foundation in the basic requisites is a waste of valuable resources. A do it yourself post-bac is not a waste of money. It is a necessary step in the redemption process in order for your application to reach human eyes (you have to at least meet the 3.0 threshold).

Even though different schools have different GPA floors, meeting that 3.0 minimum matters a lot. Mcat preparation comes after refining your study/academic skills through a 1-2 year post-bac. You can't push the cart before the horse (the Mcat is done after establishing an upward trend). Sometimes Adcoms need more proof that you can handle the intense load that is medical school. This is where a SMP has to be done in addition to a diy post-bac (the post-bac is still an important step in the process).

Looking at your post history you obviously haven't done a post-bac and you don't even know how to go about paying for one. It also seems like your GPAs are sub 3.0 (all you have going for you is your masters in chemistry). My time on these forums doesn't really mean much but I have read/studied a lot about overcoming a low GPA through @Goro and @DrMidlife. You really don't know what the heck you are talking about. Please I highly suggest that you inform yourself by reading the following:

The Low Gpa--What Do I Do Thread

Goro’s advice for DO applicants in the absence of grade replacement

The **NEW & IMPROVED** official low gpa thread...

You are really dense...you stated that it would be in the best interest of the OP to take multiple practice Mcats to ensure that OP can score above 500. Taking several practice tests with a weak foundation in the basic requisites is a waste of valuable resources. A do it yourself post-bac is not a waste of money. It is a necessary step in the redemption process in order for your application to reach human eyes (you have to at least meet the 3.0 threshold).

Even though different schools have different GPA floors, meeting that 3.0 minimum matters a lot. Mcat preparation comes after refining your study/academic skills through a 1-2 year post-bac. You can't push the cart before the horse (the Mcat is done after establishing an upward trend). Sometimes Adcoms need more proof that you can handle the intense load that is medical school. This is where a SMP has to be done in addition to a diy post-bac (the post-bac is still an important step in the process).

Looking at your post history you obviously haven't done a post-bac and you don't even know how to go about paying for one. It also seems like your GPAs are sub 3.0 (all you have going for you is your master in chemistry). My time on these forums don't really mean much but I have read/studied a lot about overcoming a low GPA through @Goro and @DrMidlife. You really don't know what the heck you are talking about. Please I highly suggest that you inform yourself by reading the following:

The Low Gpa--What Do I Do Thread

Goro’s advice for DO applicants in the absence of grade replacement

The **NEW & IMPROVED** official low gpa thread...

A lot of what you said is irrelevant, and the assumptions you make are ridiculous (such as having several sub 3.0 GPAs).

The quote you replied to is literally showing you that the above user contradicted himself in the thread, after saying I should have not given advice that he literally gave.

Status
Not open for further replies.