LSU c/o 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS acceptance!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like that manifesting worked out well!! Congratulations, we have several threads in common so I’ve seen your name several times and am really excited for you!!

Thank you! I'm so excited to hear back from other schools, and good luck to you!!

Reactions: 1 user
OOS Alternate! I have had three rejections prior to this so this is huge for me. I am dying to know how many people are on the alternate list and what my odds are, but alas, the waiting game continues. This gave me hope, which I really needed!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
OOS alternate. Does anyone know how many alternates or how fast it moves?

OOS accepted! 🫢 This was my final try and I can’t believe it! Never give up y’all!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
OOS acceptance.. I’m so extremely grateful for this!!! Good luck to everyone interviewing and waiting to hear back from other schools <3

Reactions: 4 users
IS rejection for my son. Am I understanding correctly that a waitlist is an “acceptance” if the spot opens? And did any IS people get an acceptance today? Or just interviews?

IS rejection for my son. Am I understanding correctly that a waitlist is an “acceptance” if the spot opens? And did any IS people get an acceptance today? Or just interviews?
And- I forgot to say congratulations to those who got good news. I know how hard you’ve worked.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS Acceptance! Congrats everyone! Planning to focus on Large/Production Animal, what are some of your areas of interest?

OOS Acceptance! Congrats everyone! Planning to focus on Large/Production Animal, what are some of your areas of interest?
I'm interested in small animal GP, but I've never really tried much else so who knows I may change my mind!

I’m interested in mixed animal, and possibly a specialization of some sort just not sure what yet!

Research! I’m so excited to get into a school with such a big research department! 🥹

Has anyone had to change future coursework in VMCAS after the application is closed? If I email to do this would it potentially affect my admission offer? It's not anything related to prerequisites, it's just classes I need to graduate that I changed out.

Same here for my son. Would love to connect and gain insight on next steps before he applies again. Sending prayers for you!
Have him see if LSU does file reviews. Also consider posting in the What Are My Chances thread. Best of luck next go round!

IS ACCEPTANCE LAST WEEK!!!! YAYYYYY!!!

Has anyone had to change future coursework in VMCAS after the application is closed? If I email to do this would it potentially affect my admission offer? It's not anything related to prerequisites, it's just classes I need to graduate that I changed out.
I would email them. I think I have had friends whose schedule had to change because when registration came around, the courses conflicted with each other, but they weren't prereqs and they were fine. Just email to let them know and be sure. It could depend on the school.

Does anyone know where we send transcripts for fall? And if they have to be offical transcripts

Does anyone know where we send transcripts for fall? And if they have to be offical transcripts
Yes! I emailed them today this was their response:

Please have your official transcript sent by February 5th to [email protected] or

Office of Admissions & Student Success
Louisiana State University Vet Med
1909 Skip Bertman Drive, Baton Rouge, LA 70803

Is anyone able to send their transcripts? I'm trying to send mine with parchment and nothing comes up when I enter the email address. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong.

Is anyone able to send their transcripts? I'm trying to send mine with parchment and nothing comes up when I enter the email address. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong.
there should be an option to select "send transcript another way" or something along those lines and then you put the email in. It's on the page whenever you are selecting where to send!

Can anyone who has sent their transcripts in already tell me how long it took for it to be reflective on their portal? I had my school send it via email which was supposed to be “instant” but I’ve had no update.

Does anyone know how many people make the OOS alternate list and if it tends to move at all?

Can anyone who has sent their transcripts in already tell me how long it took for it to be reflective on their portal? I had my school send it via email which was supposed to be “instant” but I’ve had no update.

I just sent in my transcripts on the 6th, and I just got the "document has been received" email from parchment today and it said that LSU got my transcripts yesterday on the 9th. I checked my portal and it checked off the fall transcripts, so it took around 3 days and I used Parchment.

Does anyone know how many people make the OOS alternate list and if it tends to move at all?

I don’t know how many people are on the list but last year they moved through their entire waitlist but it will probably be different this year. Also, after April 15th, waitlists move super fast so definitely wait till after April 15 if you are on waitlists!

Quick question! I graduated from undergrad in December 2022 and took a couple of courses online in 2023 but submitted both of my official transcripts before submitting my application! I recently received an email from LSU SVM asking for my fall 2023 transcripts to be submitted, but I do not have anything to submit as I had already completed everything. Do I just email them back and tell them this or was this just a mass email? I just want to be sure everything is good on my end! Thanks in advance :)

Quick question! I graduated from undergrad in December 2022 and took a couple of courses online in 2023 but submitted both of my official transcripts before submitting my application! I recently received an email from LSU SVM asking for my fall 2023 transcripts to be submitted, but I do not have anything to submit as I had already completed everything. Do I just email them back and tell them this or was this just a mass email? I just want to be sure everything is good on my end! Thanks in advance :)
I would probably email them just to be safe!

• Love

I emailed them because I had the same thing happen yesterday! I replied directly to the email and they responded super quick saying they appreciated the update and that I had no documents required! Definitely email!

I emailed them because I had the same thing happen yesterday! I replied directly to the email and they responded super quick saying they appreciated the update and that I had no documents required! Definitely email!
thank you guys so much for your help!! i emailed them and they’ve now updated my portal to show that everything is checked off!

I got into my in state school so I will be declining my acceptance. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 6 users
I’ve also denied my alternate status, I got accepted to my instate program! Good luck to all!!!

Has anyone been pulled off of the alternate list yet? I got accepted into another program but I'm holding off as close to the 4/15 deadline just incase I move off this list!

Has anyone been pulled off of the alternate list yet? I got accepted into another program but I'm holding off as close to the 4/15 deadline just incase I move off this list!
I’ve heard they don’t pull anyone off the waitlist until after the 4/15 deadline

Hello fellow friends/ future doctors! Congratulations to all who got accepted to LSU, best of luck to those who got rejected, I’m sure you have a better opportunity somewhere better, and good luck to those who are on the waitlist. I wonder if there’s any group chat that we can add all LSU students who got accepted to this upcoming semester. If not, we can make one, I think it will help all of us to keep up to date with the dates and help each other.

Hello fellow friends/ future doctors! Congratulations to all who got accepted to LSU, best of luck to those who got rejected, I’m sure you have a better opportunity somewhere better, and good luck to those who are on the waitlist. I wonder if there’s any group chat that we can add all LSU students who got accepted to this upcoming semester. If not, we can make one, I think it will help all of us to keep up to date with the dates and help each other.
Hello!! There’s a Facebook page that’s been made by student ambassadors and everyone has been asking insightful important questions!

Hi future doctors! Are any of you planning on physically attending the showcase at the end of the month? Are you excited, nervous, etc? just wanted to hear some things from my possible future classmates :) and see you on the 23rd if you're going!