MAil or Email?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jopdo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are programs more likely to offer interviews/rejections thru email/ERAS message center or snail mail?

Members don't see this ad.

Are programs more likely to offer interviews/rejections thru email/ERAS message center or snail mail?

-ERAS Message
-Email (non-ERAS Message)
-Snail Mail
-Phone Call

any program not using ERAS or email would make me suspect. it's 2007, and electronic communication is the standard. nothing wrong with supplemental use of phone calls or snail mail, but email is the way the academic world communicates.

any program not using ERAS or email would make me suspect. it's 2007, and electronic communication is the standard. nothing wrong with supplemental use of phone calls or snail mail, but email is the way the academic world communicates.

So you're going to tell the program director that calls you on your cell to get lost?

Right.

So you're going to tell the program director that calls you on your cell to get lost?

Right.

of course not - gimme a friggin' break. that's not what i mean - remove head from lower GI tract. however if something isn't in writing, it may as well not exist. so if a PD calls, that's great, but without a follow-up email or letter it doesn't mean anything. did you read my post in its entirety?

of course not - gimme a friggin' break. that's not what i mean - remove head from lower GI tract. however if something isn't in writing, it may as well not exist. so if a PD calls, that's great, but without a follow-up email or letter it doesn't mean anything. did you read my post in its entirety?

Yeah. You may want to read it again. You referred to phone calls and letters as "supplemental" only. You can do what you like, but I'm attending my interviews at the programs that called me and then sent a letter.

I don't believe this program is suspect at all, but perhaps those that do will make it easier for me to get ranked if they are no shows.

very well. you do that. this is one of the dumber discussions i've gotten into online, so let's just end it.