Maintaining GPA after acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dordy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
To anyone who was accepted (last year) in their early 4th year of undergrad:

Do you need to maintain a certain GPA after you are accepted to an optometry school?

Saying you got accepted already, would you want to kill yourself for grades? probably not haha
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

They will probably ask for a final transcript upon graduation. Don't kill yourself, but do wound yourself a little. Nothing fatal, just surface level stuff like bruises and scrapes, that kind of thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
To anyone who was accepted (last year) in their early 4th year of undergrad:

Do you need to maintain a certain GPA after you are accepted to an optometry school?

Saying you got accepted already, would you want to kill yourself for grades? probably not haha
Thanks!

You should continue to try as hard as you can because.....

1) If a job is worth doing, it's worth doing right.
2) You're paying (presumably) tens of thousands of dollars for the education. Why would not try to get the most out of it?
3) Why take the chance of half baking your studies and running the risk of a potentially serious problem?

KHE i think you misunderstood my post.

I am not talking about slacking totally and running into potentially serious problems. I am asking if it is completely necessary to kill yourself and get straight A's after you are accepted. Do the schools require a minimum gpa to be maintained?

That is great advice thank you.

I heard each school is different, some require at least a C or above in remaining pre req courses and other courses but others are more strict and say your GPA shouldn't vary too much in your last semester

ex) If you apply with a 3.5 GPA and have a 2.0 last semester they would not be impressed

Have i ever heard of them going back on a deal or acceptance letter after the deposit has been placed though? no not ever unless the applicant fails courses.