Match Week and rotations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just wondering, why do you even need to be on campus for SOAP? Isn't it just a matter of applying to programs through ERAS?

It's not like they're allowed to call on your behalf.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah good point, nobody has ever gotten sick on a Friday before. "Back in the day I walked uphill 4 miles in 3 feet of snow to make it into the hospital with diarrhea, vomiting, fever of 101. I'm such a badass"

I'm not saying nobody has. I'm saying statistically the guy calling in sick that day isn't. This isn't a thread about coming in to work sick (there are other threads on that). This is a thread about feigning illness in order to get the day off on a day when everybody will suspect you are feigning illness. The OP isn't febrile with diarrhea, he's just antsy about matching -- there's a pretty big difference.

Reactions: 1 user
Just wondering, why do you even need to be on campus for SOAP? Isn't it just a matter of applying to programs through ERAS?

It's not like they're allowed to call on your behalf.

You can meet with your deans office people to strategize and make sure you know what you are supposed to do, can talk to faculty about specialties that perhaps weren't previously on your radar, etc. And that's assuming that phone calling no longer occurs...

Reactions: 1 users
You can meet with your deans office people to strategize and make sure you know what you are supposed to do, can talk to faculty about specialties that perhaps weren't previously on your radar, etc. And that's assuming that phone calling no longer occurs...

Yup.

Let's say you don't match in plastics. They can certainly coordinate getting you in touch with the PD and PC of your school's general surgery or anesthesia programs, even in a lot of cases throw together a specialty appropriate LOR. Then you can meet with that person, get some advice on the reputations of the programs that have open slots, etc.

And while it's not as bad as it was in the old wild-west scramble days of a couple of years ago, I am sure there are still some behind the scenes phone conversations happening.

4th year students or those students who are eagerly waiting for Match Monday should not have to be at the hospital on that day. I am not saying that you should make up a story, like being sick, but it should be one of those things that is granted to students.

And to those people on here saying, "just check your phone, and return to work" are you kidding me???? This is the day some of us have been working toward for the last 8 years!!! And you make it seem like it's nothing?? If you want to take the day off, to be with family, or just to spend time with yourself on Match Monday, you should have EVERY right to do so. Don't lie to an attending, and make something up, but the attending should be understanding, as this is one of the biggest days of our lives.

4th year students or those students who are eagerly waiting for Match Monday should not have to be at the hospital on that day. I am not saying that you should make up a story, like being sick, but it should be one of those things that is granted to students.

And to those people on here saying, "just check your phone, and return to work" are you kidding me???? This is the day some of us have been working toward for the last 8 years!!! And you make it seem like it's nothing?? If you want to take the day off, to be with family, or just to spend time with yourself on Match Monday, you should have EVERY right to do so. Don't lie to an attending, and make something up, but the attending should be understanding, as this is one of the biggest days of our lives.

This isn't match day. There is no such thing as "match Monday". This is just the day you find out if you need to soap. It's not the day you've been working for for 8 years. The following Friday, when you find out where you've matched is. 93%+ of you are just going to get an email on that Monday saying you've matched. Not where, not in what city. It's just a sigh of relief and back to waiting for match day, when you actually find out the important stuff like where you are going to be for the next 3-7 years. Do you really need to be off for what will literally take you 10 seconds to look at before you are back to waiting for match day? And as for this being the biggest day of your life, it isn't. Not even close. It's just perhaps the first of many many career relevant days, but the first big one, much bigger than this, will happen at the end of that week. And for that one all schools give a day off. Let's not get carried away about what really is just the day the NRMP let's you know if you still have work to do before match day -- and that's really all this is.

Monday isn't the big celebration day. It's a formality for all but a small percentage. The pomp and circumstance is Friday.

Just check if you matched and go about your day. Celebrate in the evening.

I can't imagine an academic faculty wouldn't understand if you needed time off after finding out you didn't match.

I can't imagine an academic faculty wouldn't understand if you needed time off after finding out you didn't match.

They all give off time for those who need to soap. That isn't even an issue. This thread is about students taking a day off just to confirm that they matched. It's grossly exaggerating the importance of what really is happening on that day for 93% of fourth years. You will get an email that essentially says stay tuned for match day.

I love we can truly make an argument about anything on this forum

I love we can truly make an argument about anything on this forum

We didn't "make an argument". It showed up. The initial thread already contained the fairly inflammatory suggestions of feigning illness to get a day off rotations, and the bizarre notion that the Monday before match day, where the NRMP tells you if you need to soap (nothing more) is something you shouldn't have to deal with from work. A few people fanned the flames but this one was on fire from post #1.

Is this correct? I am on a required 4th year rotation and not some flimsy elective, and I haven't heard that we will have Match Day off...I guess I should ask around? I swear, I assumed I would get to go to the ceremony after a morning at the hospital, and I assumed I would have to go back to the hospital to finish out the day, but maybe not...

Similar to you, I was on my inpatient medicine sub-I and there was no official school policy. Luckily, my senior resident was supercool. I didn't even have to ask; she just said you have that day and the day after off.

For some of us applying to dermatology, that Monday is far more important than Friday. I'll be happy matching on Monday that Friday will just be an icing on the cake.

However, I am planning to go to work on Monday.

Last edited:

when did monday become all that important? Yes, for those who are worried about NOT matching I can see the concern…but "the day you have been working for " is the ACTUAL MATCH DAY…not black monday…

and the original point of this thread was about lying about taking the day off…its friggin' 4th year…just ask for the day off…the students that have been on service with me, tell me what days they need off and its no big deal…if one didn't have the forethought to schedule less demanding rotation at this time, that's just poor planning of their part...

Last edited:
Is this correct? I am on a required 4th year rotation and not some flimsy elective, and I haven't heard that we will have Match Day off...I guess I should ask around? I swear, I assumed I would get to go to the ceremony after a morning at the hospital, and I assumed I would have to go back to the hospital to finish out the day, but maybe not...
My school gave us all the afternoon off. It was up to the clerkships whether you had to go in in the morning.

For example, I had a BS rotation that was mostly small group discussions about health policy. We had to go in from 9am-11am that morning. Then had the rest of the day off. Many rotations did the same.

Is that really the point of fourth year? It doesn't seem to say that in my faculty manual.

You want to blow off your rotations then so be it but don't expect that I'm dumb enough to think that when you call in sick when match results comes out that it's the truth.

Treat me like a professional colleague and act like an adult - just be honest and say you want the day off in case you need SOAP. Theres no need to lie.

And they wonder why medical students are now separately graded on Professionalism in their evaluations.

As an attending or a resident, I would much rather have the students there and doing their job than sitting at home. Check your email and if you didn't match, by all means go and take care of it. If you did match, then you can do your little happy dance and then get back to work. Let's be honest and say that taking the day off to be able to check your status at home all relaxed and in your PJs is a waste of everyone's time. We are hopefully all adults here...

You're talking to millenial medical students after all. I'm sure they would want a day off bc it's their birthday too.

Is that really the point of fourth year? It doesn't seem to say that in my faculty manual.

You want to blow off your rotations then so be it but don't expect that I'm dumb enough to think that when you call in sick when match results comes out that it's the truth.

Treat me like a professional colleague and act like an adult - just be honest and say you want the day off in case you need SOAP. Theres no need to lie.

You must have the official faculty manual, not the unofficial one. The unofficial faculty manual also says that medical students who ace their NBME shelf exam automatically get Honors no matter how they actually performed and interacted on the rotation. And if you don't give them Honors based on their test score, then you are being mean and a malignant attending.

Fourth year is the way it is bc students have MADE it that way. Then these same students are shocked how much their skills have atrophied when they become interns.

Its not unprofessional to take a day off to resolve any match issues; its unprofessional to lie about it.

Frankly, I agree with you guys that it would make more sense to have it an official school holiday because of the potential need for time off and I can imagine how horrible it would be to face classmates and faculty if you didn't match. But please spare us the comments about "you guys don't remember, we're *paying* to be there" or any of the other ridiculous rationalizations. Even back in the dark ages when the attendings here were medical students, we paid tuition as well. It wasn't that long ago.

Finally, I'm rather bemused to see some of the same people talking about how 4th year is a waste of time but one of the arguments they throw around is that an MD/DO is better trained than an NP BECAUSE they do 4 years.

Apparently these *****s believe that their tuition money goes to the hospital directly and are thus entitled. It doesn't. These are the same students who whine that their resident/attending doesn't teach them (i.e. spoonfeed).

Monday isn't the big celebration day. It's a formality for all but a small percentage. The pomp and circumstance is Friday.

Just check if you matched and go about your day. Celebrate in the evening.

Not if you're going for a competitive field like Dermatology, for example. If you find out you matched on Monday, that's the pomp and cirumstance. Friday is just icing on the cake.

Not if you're going for a competitive field like Dermatology, for example. If you find out you matched on Monday, that's the pomp and cirumstance. Friday is just icing on the cake.

For the borderline credentials person perhaps that's true in any field. For the person who was very competitive for their field or ranked enough places, odds are the important day is still match day. Everybody who matches gets a momentary sigh of relief on the Monday before match. But after the wave of relief clears, in a few seconds, it's back to waiting. No pomp and circumstance. Nobody shakes your hand or hands you a letter to open. No gathering in an auditorium with your family and peers. Nothing you'd need to skip work over. Plus for competitive fields you are also ranking prelim and transitional years, where the likelyhood of getting one was even less a concern, so match day (the following Friday) will still tell you a ton about next year. So match day itself (the Friday) is important, and you ought to be off for that day (every place I've heard of gives at least the afternoon off, most the whole day). If you have to soap you absolutely excuse yourself from rotations with your schools blessings for the rest of the week once you get that email on Monday, but as mentioned, ideally you want to be on campus and not home in your PJs because if you are smart you are going to make a bee line for your deans office to talk strategy. But for everyone else it's a pretty bizarre stretch to call this a holiday, even for derm.

Last edited:
For the borderline credentials person perhaps that's true in any field. For the person who was very competitive for their field or ranked enough places, odds are the important day is still match day. Everybody who matches gets a momentary sigh of relief on the Monday before match. But after the wave of relief clears, in a few seconds, it's back to waiting. No pomp and circumstance. Nobody shakes your hand or hands you a letter to open. No gathering in an auditorium with your family and peers. Nothing you'd need to skip work over. Plus for competitive fields you are also ranking prelim and transitional years, where the likelyhood of getting one was even less a concern, so match day will still tell you a ton about next year. So match day is important, and you ought to be off for that day. If you soap you excuse yourself from rotations with your schools blessings for the rest of the week. But for everyone else it's a pretty bizarre stretch to call this a holiday, even for derm.

I agree you don't need to skip a whole day over. I disagree with you though, as there are many high credentials people who fall thru the cracks and fail to match in specialties every year. An internship with no residency is relatively useless. The only reason you're pretty much off on Match Day, is bc of the school festivities that last all day.

Last edited:
I agree you don't need to skip a whole day over. I disagree with you though, there are many high credentials people who fall thru the cracks and fail to match in specialties every year. The only reason you're pretty much off on Match Day, is bc of the school festivities that last all day.

There are a handful (i wouldn't say many -- ortho for example traditionally has more due to the applicant to seat ratio) who fall through the cracks, like every specialty. Not enough to need to be home checking your Email, and not enough that I'd call an email that merely says you don't have to soap "pomp and circumstance". Again it's just a wave of relief and you still don't know where you are doing residency, prelim etc. If your school has any sort of useful advising, the people who applied for derm are competitive for derm went on enough interviews, and most will get it. The difference with people with the credentials for derm is they have many more landing options than the guy coming up short for IM, so in a way it should be even less stressful for them -- if you have the numbers for derm you will do very well in soap if you have to, or you can spend a research year and do the match again next year. You come up short for FM, you are sweating bullets when soap opens. So I still say you are putting too much importance in that Monday and maybe over personalizing it, even though you don't really disagree with me in the underlying points in this thread.

There are a handful (i wouldn't say many -- ortho for example traditionally has more due to the applicant to seat ratio) who fall through the cracks, like every specialty. Not enough to need to be home checking your Email, and not enough that I'd call an email that merely says you don't have to soap "pomp and circumstance". Again it's just a wave of relief and you still don't know where you are doing residency, prelim etc. If your school has any sort of useful advising, the people who applied for derm are competitive for derm went on enough interviews, and most will get it. The difference with people with the credentials for derm is they have many more landing options than the guy coming up short for IM, so in a way it should be even less stressful for them -- if you have the numbers for derm you will do very well in soap if you have to, or you can spend a research year and do the match again next year. You come up short for FM, you are sweating bullets when soap opens. So I still say you are putting too much importance in that Monday and maybe over personalizing it, even though you don't really disagree with me in the underlying points in this thread.

Derm is not based on numbers only. One can have "the numbers", class rank, LORs, and research and still not match - and this isn't just characteristic of derm by any means, due to the number of applicants vs. seats available. With SOAPing, you're hardly at an advantage even if you have "the numbers" for derm, bc now you have a limited time to make your case to a PD in a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT specialty, that all of sudden you're interested in being in their field.

Best thing--I ranked an advanced/prelim combination as my 1 and 2, and categorical the rest so I'll know if I matched to one of those on Monday. AND they are relatively close together!
Sorry to burst your bubble, but you won't know. If you match to Advanced + Prelim or just Categorical you get the same "Congratulations, you have matched" message. You'll still have to wait till Friday to find out which it is.

Derm is not based on numbers only. One can have "the numbers", class rank, LORs, and research and still not match - and this isn't just characteristic of derm by any means, due to the number of applicants vs. seats available. With SOAPing, you're hardly at an advantage even if you have "the numbers" for derm, bc now you have a limited time to make your case to a PD in a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT specialty, that all of sudden you're interested in being in their field.

I promise you the open rads, gas, etc spots in soap gobble up the people who came up short for fields like derm, ENT, ortho, etc like candy. Seen it many times before, those aren't ever the people who struggle in soap (beyond having their own psyches dashed by ending up with a second choice). In soap nobody really cares that you never previously expressed an interest in their field -- they didn't fill with the people who wanted their field and are just as desperate as you to come out of soap with the few gems who slipped through the cracks. But that's going off on a tangent. My point is that most competitive people match. Even in derm. The people on the cusp will be relieved on Monday. Most, even in derm, will still have most of their questions actually answered on that Friday.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you won't know. If you match to Advanced + Prelim or just Categorical you get the same "Congratulations, you have matched" message. You'll still have to wait till Friday to find out which it is.

The only way he would know is if he gets a letter saying he didn't match in eg the prelim -- then he knows he got an advanced spot.

yes, we get it derm, is uber competitive…but those students aren't ANY different than the person who applied to FM on black monday (sorry to burst your bubble there) if you get the congrats you've match! as L2D states you get that moment of relief, but then you wait, and perseverate on WHERE did you match for 4 days…maybe there is a greater likelihood that someone who didn't listen to their advisors about their competitiveness for derm didn't match, but i would imagine most are not worried about IF they match but WHERE they will match…and monday does not answer that question…

if the derm applicant finds out he didn't match then he can ask for the rest of the day to SOAP…just like the FM applicant that didn't match…I can't imagine their is an attending out there that would say no...

yes, we get it derm, is uber competitive…but those students aren't ANY different than the person who applied to FM on black monday (sorry to burst your bubble there) if you get the congrats you've match! as L2D states you get that moment of relief, but then you wait, and perseverate on WHERE did you match for 4 days…maybe there is a greater likelihood that someone who didn't listen to their advisors about their competitiveness for derm didn't match, but i would imagine most are not worried about IF they match but WHERE they will match…and monday does not answer that question…

if the derm applicant finds out he didn't match then he can ask for the rest of the day to SOAP…just like the FM applicant that didn't match…I can't imagine their is an attending out there that would say no...

LIKE I SAID, I don't think one needs a full day off. Someone was saying the pomp and cirumstance is only really on Match Day, when for people who are going for Derm, Monday is their real match day and Friday, is more just icing on the cake. Very few Dermatology candidates are so picky to say "Gosh I wish I got number so and so on my list!". Most Derm applicants are happy to match in Derm, period.

... Very few Dermatology candidates are so picky to say "Gosh I wish I got number so and so on my list!". Most Derm applicants are happy to match in Derm, period.

I'm positive you aren't speaking for most derm candidates out there. Most people applying to that field have credentials that are competitive for that field, did a ton of interviews, and the "where did i match" question matters a lot. The "did I match" question is still a relief, but not the bigger concern for most -- you are projecting here. Is the number of people on the cusp bigger in the uber competitive fields? Absolutely. But it's still a cusp. But most of the people with the stats who went on enough interviews will still match. Making match day the bigger deal for most. Every person I've known who went into derm (quite a few) had a pretty definite list of where they wanted to go and in what order. Most had geographical reasons to pick some places over others, and many would absolutely be less happy with some programs over others. Same as every field. The notion that they would be just happy with derm and not at all picky is only true for a very small minority. The majority, in fact, are quite focused on Fridays results.

Last edited:
Like many have said, don't lie about it. Residents and attendings are not idiots. Lying is unprofessional, period.

It is perfectly reasonable to approach your resident and say, "we find out if we match today, can I take a break 15 min or so before results are released so I can check them?" 99.5% of residents will say, sure. I think a sizable number would even give you the whole afternoon off.

If you have to SOAP, wouldn't you want to be on/near campus anyways? I am genuinely concerned about if I will match (had a red flag). I am off rotation during match week and have family coming to town. Instead of doing all the touristy things with them, I will be hanging near campus until I hear if I matched. If your plan is to sit at home waiting for an email, you probably aren't too concerned about if you will match.

No, there's like 6 different emails that go out that literally state if you matched advanced/prelim, advanced, prelim, categorical, or none.
I'm pretty sure it doesn't distinguish between categorical and advanced/prelim if you matched both.

It would just say congrats you matched or fully matched.

No, there's like 6 different emails that go out that literally state if you matched advanced/prelim, advanced, prelim, categorical, or none.
No, that's not true. There are 6 different emails but they don't differentiate unless you didn't match into one or both of your advanced/prelims/categorical or if you were withdrawn.

• Applicants will learn at 12:00 p.m. eastern time on Monday of Match Week IF they matched to a program by logging in to the Registration, Ranking, and Results® (R3®) system with their username and password. Applicants will be presented with one of the following messages:

1. Congratulations, you have matched!

This message will be displayed for applicants who
    • matched to a categorical, primary, or reserved (physician only) program.
    • matched to a PGY-1 preliminary and PGY-2 advanced program.
    2. Congratulations, you have matched to an advanced position!

This message will be displayed for any applicant who
    • matched to a PGY-2 advanced position.
    Applicants who receive this message and who are deemed eligible to enter GME on July 1 in the year of the Main Residency Match will have access to the List of Unfilled Programs and will be eligible to participate in the Match Week Supplemental Offer and Acceptance Program® (SOAP®)obtain a preliminary position, if needed.

3. Congratulations, you have matched to a one year position!

This message will be displayed for any applicant who
    • matched to a PGY-1 preliminary position.
    Applicants who receive this message and who are deemed eligible to enter GME education on July 1 in the year of the Main Residency Match will have access to the List of Unfilled Programs and will be eligible to participate in SOAP to obtain an advanced position, if needed.

4. We are sorry, you did not match to any position!

This message will be displayed for any applicant who did not match to any program. For applicants participating as a partner of a couple, this statement also may be displayed if the applicant listed the 999999999 program code on the primary rank order list to indicate ‘”No Match”. Applicants who receive this message and who are deemed eligible to enter GME on July 1 in the year of the Main Residency Match will have access to the List of Unfilled Programs and will be eligible to participate in SOAP for any category of unfilled positions.

5. You are NOT matched because you did not submit a certified rank order list!

This message will be displayed for any applicant who registered to participate in the Match but did not certify a rank order list prior to the rank order list certification deadline. Applicants who receive this message and who are deemed eligible to enter GME on July 1 in the year of the Main Residency Match will have access to the List of Unfilled Programs and will be eligible to participate in SOAP for any category of unfilled positions.

6. You are NOT matched because you are withdrawn!

This message will be displayed for any applicant who registered to participate in The Match but was withdrawn either by the medical school or by the NRMP. Applicants who are withdrawn because they are ineligible to enter GME on July 1 in the year of the Main Residency Match will not have access to the List of Unfilled Programs or be allowed to participate in SOAP unless by 5:00 p.m. eastern time on the Wednesday prior to Match Week the applicant becomes eligible to enter GME on July 1 in the year of the Main Residency Match. Applicants who were withdrawn by the NRMPbecause they obtained positions through another matching plan will not have access to the List of Unfilled Programs or be allowed to participate in SOAP.

At 1:00 p.m. ET on Friday of Match Week, applicants learn where they matched by logging in to theR3 system.
http://www.nrmp.org/faq-sections/non-u-s-senior-faqs/

I am almost certain that one of the schools my program is affiliated with has the prior rotation finish on the prior friday, and has a 1 week rotation for all 4th years on match week. It's a mixture of "how to be an intern" and fun lectures that have nothing to do with clinical medicine.

"Match Monday" - LOL. Is this a real thing? Or is it just something made up by SDNers?

My classmates call it that, because it's easier than saying 'Monday of Match Week'. We also have a lot of social events that happen throughout the week since everyone is required to be back in town for that week.

My classmates call it that, because it's easier than saying 'Monday of Match Week'. We also have a lot of social events that happen throughout the week since everyone is required to be back in town for that week.

that's funny….we called it Black Monday…cuz it was a far more worrisome for some...

I wasn't really talking about the language, but rather the concept. To wit, that this is some sort of unofficial med school holiday in the way that Match Day is.

which is why i don't understand why so many here are all freaked out about monday...

For competitive specialties, people are more worried about whether they matched (Monday), rather than where they matched (Friday).

That being said, I'm treating it as any other day. Check my phone at noon eastern, fist pump for some good news, and then back to it.

which is why i don't understand why so many here are all freaked out about monday...

I'm more of a "take nothing for granted" type of person. So I'm still worried about Monday, even if the stats are in my favor. I imagine there are plenty more like me out there.

For competitive specialties, people are more worried about whether they matched (Monday), rather than where they matched (Friday).

That being said, I'm treating it as any other day. Check my phone at noon eastern, fist pump for some good news, and then back to it.

sure, i get it if you are applying to an uber competitive specialty and aren't the most competitive in the pack or you ended up with <5 interviews or made a complete mess of your interviews, but as L2D says 93+% of US seniors match…i know everyone on sdn seem to be applying to Derm, rad onc, and what not and their number one is MGH, UCSF, or Hopkins…but most US seniors don't have much to worry about…

and well, haven't most of the UBER competitive specialties already matched (plastics and optho are SF and urology is AUA)? :)

and it still doesn't mean you need to lie about being "sick" on Monday…just say you're nervous and you wanna take the day off.

Last edited:
For some of us applying to dermatology, that Monday is far more important than Friday. I'll be happy matching on Monday that Friday will just be an icing on the cake.

However, I am planning to go to work on Monday.
So true. Not everyone is applying to Medicine or something, there are many fields where the percent matching is closer to 75 not 93.

sure, i get it if you are applying to an uber competitive specialty and aren't the most competitive in the pack or you ended up with <5 interviews or made a complete mess of your interviews, but as L2D says 93+% of US seniors match…i know everyone on sdn seem to be applying to Derm, rad onc, and what not and their number one is MGH, UCSF, or Hopkins…but most US seniors don't have much to worry about…

and well, haven't most of the UBER competitive specialties already matched (plastics and optho are SF and urology is AUA)? :)

and it still doesn't mean you need to lie about being "sick" on Monday…just say you're nervous and you wanna take the day off.
Integrated plastics is not SF, I think the independent match that is a fellowship after surgery is. And yeah, some of my friends in plastics were more anxious about Monday than Friday. Plastics has something like a 44% match rate. ENT isn't early match anymore, and there's still derm, rad onc, ortho, neurosurg in the main match. Also, I interviewed in a competive field and was fortunate to interview at many top programs and although obviously people have preferences, many of the people I met focused on their desire just to accumulate interviews to anywhere and then as the season wound down their desire to match. I would imagine that most of us were not borderline. It is hard to have safeties in some fields.

Last edited:
Integrated plastics is not SF, I think the independent match that is a fellowship after surgery is. And yeah, some of my friends in plastics were more anxious about Monday than Friday. Plastics has something like a 44% match rate. ENT isn't early match anymore, and there's still derm, rad onc, ortho, neurosurg in the main match
you DID see the :), right?

i have forgotten how extremely neurotic 4th years are the closer to match they get...

you DID see the :), right?

i have forgotten how extremely neurotic 4th years are the closer to match they get...
Was that supposed to be a joke? Sorry, I don't get the punch line. You were giving the impresson that plastics is not in the NRMP match so I made that post. Also was reminding you of the other competitive specialties in the main match just to show that most are still waiting :)