MCAT Question of the Day

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WindChaser

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

So I'm subscribed to MCAT Question of the Day right now. Are they helpful at all? They seem really easy, so I doubt they are representative of the MCAT, but I haven't taken it yet (will be studying this summer).

Is it useful to go over these? Any experiences?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I have their app on my phone and use them whenever I'm in transit somewhere or have some free time and have no other study materials. I like them for that purpose. They're quick discretes that, as you said, are usually pretty simple and straightforward, but a nice refresher on topics. The ability to answer their previously asked questions is clutch. I've probably done more than 500 of their questions.
I'd recommend it.

Yes they're good, but remember that discrete questions are just a way to quickly review basic science ideas. Real MCAT prep is passage prep.

Having said that, I'd recommend you subscribe to: mcatquestion.com, mcatquestionoftheday.com, and next step's question of the day (on facebook). They're all free and three questions is better than just one! :)

I'm going to second what NextStep said. I'm a huge fan of the M Prep (mcatquestion.com) 1 a day questions.

To me, they gave me a good combination of being able to recall facts but also sharpening the critical thinking skills.

I have not tried the other one so I cannot opine on it.

Cheers