Test Day Interface Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluedragonxii

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi fellow MCAT testers. I have a question about the MCAT test interface on the desktop monitors. Online I am finding images of a split screen interface, with the passage on the left and questions on the right. Is the interface on test day a split screen interface (image 1), or is the passage displayed screen wide (image 2)? Thank you all for your help!

mcatinterfacenarrow.png

Split Screen Interface

WideInterface.png

Wide Passage

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! The interface resembles image 1 (the passage on the left, and one question on the right). You'll never see a full-width passage presented alone like in image 2.

To elaborate, imagine you're on question 1 of the exam, and it's associated with a passage that has 5 questions. You'll see the passage on the left and question 1 on the right. When you hit "next," you'll still see the same passage, but now you'll see question 2 on the right. So basically, you'll never see more than 1 question at a time, but passage-associated questions are always shown with the passage.

I hope this helps, and have a nice Sunday!

Reactions: 1 user