Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

mcat scores for schools

Discussion in 'Public Health Degrees (Masters and Doctoral)' started by Razmatazz, 09.03.09.

1. Razmatazz

Razmatazz New Member

SDN 7+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    I tried doing a search to find what a competitive score is when using the mcat to apply but i could only find threads pertaining to GRE scores.

I have a 11PS, 7VR, 11BS on my mcat...the 7 is low so do you think it would be best if I take my GRE's and try to do well on that?

thanks...any advice appreciated.
  2. jkmph

jkmph Non ducor, duco

Medical Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    My guess is that this is good enough to get you into an MPH program somewhere. A couple kids I know of got into Emory with a 31 and 32 MCAT score. I would suggest calling the admissions office at a few schools you are considering and find out. Best way to get a definitive answer.
  3. Stories

Stories Hockey Scientist Moderator

Post Doc
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Well... if you're applying to medical schools, obviously an aggregate score of 29 is low. If you're applying for a MPH, many schools will accept the MCAT and a 29 should be fine.
  4. Razmatazz

Razmatazz New Member

SDN 7+ Year Member
    Thanks for the advice

I emailed a few admissions offices and they were quite helpful in answering my questions. The feeling I got was that they look at your entire application as a whole but I guess I will find out after I apply.

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal