About the ads

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mcat scores for schools

Discussion in 'Public Health Degrees (Masters and Doctoral)' started by Razmatazz, Sep 3, 2009.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. Razmatazz

Razmatazz New Member

SDN 7+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    I tried doing a search to find what a competitive score is when using the mcat to apply but i could only find threads pertaining to GRE scores.

I have a 11PS, 7VR, 11BS on my mcat...the 7 is low so do you think it would be best if I take my GRE's and try to do well on that?

thanks...any advice appreciated.
  2. jkmph

jkmph Non ducor, duco

Medical Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    My guess is that this is good enough to get you into an MPH program somewhere. A couple kids I know of got into Emory with a 31 and 32 MCAT score. I would suggest calling the admissions office at a few schools you are considering and find out. Best way to get a definitive answer.
  3. Stories

Stories Hockey Scientist Moderator

Post Doc
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Well... if you're applying to medical schools, obviously an aggregate score of 29 is low. If you're applying for a MPH, many schools will accept the MCAT and a 29 should be fine.
  4. Razmatazz

Razmatazz New Member

SDN 7+ Year Member
    Thanks for the advice

I emailed a few admissions offices and they were quite helpful in answering my questions. The feeling I got was that they look at your entire application as a whole but I guess I will find out after I apply.