MCPHS Worcester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

saaarah

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone applied to this school yet? My pharmCAS application was mailed on August 8th and I completed the supplemental shortly after. I hadn't heard anything from them (not even that my application had been received), so I e-mailed about my application status this afternoon and received a reply right away saying my application is complete and will be reviewed shortly! Now it's the waiting game! :xf:

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone applied to this school yet? My pharmCAS application was mailed on August 8th and I completed the supplemental shortly after. I hadn't heard anything from them (not even that my application had been received), so I e-mailed about my application status this afternoon and received a reply right away saying my application is complete and will be reviewed shortly! Now it's the waiting game! :xf:
I am going to submit my PharmCAS app on Friday and my supplementals this weekend, so I'll keep you updated as time goes on. Good luck!

I'm also applying here probably going to send my application by this weekend. But how do we know if they received our application.

Members don't see this ad :)
What other schools are you guys planning on applying to?

LIU and FDU sticking to schools on the east coast

I applied to both of those as well. Did you complete the supplemental application for LIU? I am a little confused because it says it is the undergrad application???

From previous threads for the school it seems that they only notify via email and their interviews begin in late september/early october.

I just submitted my supplemental for mcphs and they said interview invitations are only sent by postal mail. Also i am an LIU student so i wouldn't know about the supplemental app for LIU.

Hey I'm applying there too sent my PharmCAS in around July 8 and sent my supplemental in August 12th. I called them two days ago and asked if they received everything okay also about the timeline of the application process. The lady said that if you're not an early decision student then they won't start reviewing until October. Hopefully that was just a guess-stimate so we can hear back earlier.

I applied to both of those as well. Did you complete the supplemental application for LIU? I am a little confused because it says it is the undergrad application???

I am applying to 13 schools, 6 non-PCAT schools and 7 PCAT schools. Not really picky about which ones I get into.

Hey I'm applying there too sent my PharmCAS in around July 8 and sent my supplemental in August 12th. I called them two days ago and asked if they received everything okay also about the timeline of the application process. The lady said that if you're not an early decision student then they won't start reviewing until October. Hopefully that was just a guess-stimate so we can hear back earlier.

Are you talking about LIU or MCPHS???

Members don't see this ad :)
If you all don't mind sharing, what are everyone's stats?

Last edited:
If you all don't mind sharing, what are everyone's stats?

My stats:
3.56 overall GPA (3.45 pharmCAS though :( )
3.7 prereq GPA
Taking PCAT September 26
B.S. from University of Connecticut

I hope it's earlier than October! I am so eager! lol

Yeah I hope we hear back soon too and with those numbers you are definitely going to get an interview!!

My stats are pretty pitiful compared to yours I'm nervous I might not even get an interview here.
BS in bio from University of Pittsburgh - gpa 2.98 (pharmcas calculate it to be lower)
Post bacc at a community college - gpa 3.77 (only took 4 classes) pushed my undergrad gpa up to 3.0 something
MS in bio - gpa 3.45 (just graduated a week ago)
Lots of pharmacy experience (worked in one since a freshman as a tech) some volunteer work, and lots of extra curricular stuff in undergrad hence the low gpa. Pharmcas says my cGPA to be 3.03. Eh I know it's going to be an up hill battle for me. Just applying and trying my best to get in so at least I can tell myself that I tried. Good luck to everyone!!

Yeah I hope we hear back soon too and with those numbers you are definitely going to get an interview!!

My stats are pretty pitiful compared to yours I'm nervous I might not even get an interview here.
BS in bio from University of Pittsburgh - gpa 2.98 (pharmcas calculate it to be lower)
Post bacc at a community college - gpa 3.77 (only took 4 classes) pushed my undergrad gpa up to 3.0 something
MS in bio - gpa 3.45 (just graduated a week ago)
Lots of pharmacy experience (worked in one since a freshman as a tech) some volunteer work, and lots of extra curricular stuff in undergrad hence the low gpa. Pharmcas says my cGPA to be 3.03. Eh I know it's going to be an up hill battle for me. Just applying and trying my best to get in so at least I can tell myself that I tried. Good luck to everyone!!

You don't have pitiful stats! You sound like an excellent candidate for an interview to me...especially the fact that you have a MS in bio is great and all of the pharmacy/volunteer experience. I also have worked as a pharmacy tech for the past 2 years (at a CVS) and I think that having experience working in a pharmacy is one of the most important things a candidate can have. Be confident! :thumbup:

I sent my app in July 11 and finished the sup. a few days after.. Pharmcas verified everything within a day and was mailed out the beginning of August.. I did receive a conformation email from MCP that they did receive my supplemental application.. That's about it!! Still waiting to hear something else and anxious!!!

You don't have pitiful stats! You sound like an excellent candidate for an interview to me...especially the fact that you have a MS in bio is great and all of the pharmacy/volunteer experience. I also have worked as a pharmacy tech for the past 2 years (at a CVS) and I think that having experience working in a pharmacy is one of the most important things a candidate can have. Be confident! :thumbup:

Hey thanks!! I think pharmacy experience is excellent to have. It really gives you hands on experience of what you will be doing for the rest of your life...that is if you choose to do community or hospital pharmacy. Lol I guess I'm my biggest critic.

Im an early decision so hopefully I hear something soon.. My stats are: cgpa 3.39 (pharmcas)=(
Science gpa 3.7
Math 3.1 =( (I hate calc)
I have 2 years of pharmacy tech experience
I do cancer research. I'm also a tutor for chem and bio!! I am in a few chem clubs and I will be getting my BS in life science hopefully may 2013... I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I get in!!

My stats are not anything great either. I have a 3.3 cgpa and a 3.3 science gpa and working for 4 years at duane reade pharmacy. By the way does the school send us an email regarding what our pre-requisite gpa is?

My stats are not anything great either. I have a 3.3 cgpa and a 3.3 science gpa and working for 4 years at duane reade pharmacy. By the way does the school send us an email regarding what our pre-requisite gpa is?

I don't think so...I calculated mine myself using the list of prerequisite classes on the supplemental.

Hi all!

I will be applying here too! My stats are less than average (below a 3.0) so I am having nervous breakdowns everyday. but I am banking on my 4 strong LORs, and 1.5 years of pharmacy tech exp. I am planning to esubmit this Friday! :)

I am applying to the 3 year accelerated program at Worcester! Good luck to everyone! I hope we all get in!

Hi all!

I will be applying here too! My stats are less than average (below a 3.0) so I am having nervous breakdowns everyday. but I am banking on my 4 strong LORs, and 1.5 years of pharmacy tech exp. I am planning to esubmit this Friday! :)

I am applying to the 3 year accelerated program at Worcester! Good luck to everyone! I hope we all get in!

Haha I like your comment about nervous breakdowns...I have been experiencing quite a few myself! :eek: Good luck to you!

:boom:

AH I just submitted my supplemental application for here as well! :) Super excited but nervous...

btw...was there a fee we had to pay!? Cause..I didn't see any....

AH I just submitted my supplemental application for here as well! :) Super excited but nervous...

the supp is free if you are applying straight outta high school. Might wanna call though

It's free if you submit before December 1st! :thumbup:

Pharmcas Cumulative GPA - 3.64
Pharmcas Science GPA - 3.63
Pre-candidate PhD Molecular Pharmacology (1st year) switching to PharmD
120 hrs hospital pharmacy volunteer
PCAT - 89 composite
Also Applying to University of Minnesota, Pittsburgh, Suny Buffalo, Lecom Bradenton, PBA

Pharmcas App mailed on august 8th, just waiting on the supplemental..

PCAT - 89 composite
Also Applying to University of Minnesota, Pittsburgh, Suny Buffalo, Lecom Bradenton, PBA

Your stats are amazing! I see that you graduated from Uconn...are you not applying to the pharmD program there? I also graduated from Uconn.

Your stats are amazing! I see that you graduated from Uconn...are you not applying to the pharmD program there? I also graduated from Uconn.

Thanks! I'm not going to apply there even though a lot of my friends are in the program and I'm getting a letter of recommendation from professors in the department. I graduated 2010 but after 4 years there I'm kind of sick of Storrs lol I'm from New York so I'm looking for more of a city feel, just somewhere new to live for the next four years. The program is great though!

Good luck applying you guys! I'm currently a P3 at the Worcester campus. Feel free to hit me up with questions. This is something that I can give back to the forum because it has helped me a lot at the beginning. In general, this is a 2 year & 10 month accelerated program. If you include the holidays, breaks, and such, then I would say ~ 2.5 years. Time really flies as soon as the first semester begins. Once they contact you for an interview, your chance of getting accepted is extremely high unless you really screw up on the interview, which I'm confident that you won't. I'm sure that you might have heard of some horrible stories regarding MCP, so I don't think this school would be your 1st choice :)

Good luck applying you guys! I'm currently a P3 at the Worcester campus. Feel free to hit me up with questions. This is something that I can give back to the forum because it has helped me a lot at the beginning. In general, this is a 2 year & 10 month accelerated program. If you include the holidays, breaks, and such, then I would say ~ 2.5 years. Time really flies as soon as the first semester begins. Once they contact you for an interview, your chance of getting accepted is extremely high unless you really screw up on the interview, which I'm confident that you won't. I'm sure that you might have heard of some horrible stories regarding MCP, so I don't think this school would be your 1st choice :)
Are the horror stories true?

Unkind stories are with almost every school, not just MCP. I personally think that they make the environment easier and the resources more accessible for future classes now. For example, students are now able to watch the lecture after each class. We had to manually record them on our 1st year. This is a huge improvement in my opinion. All of my classmates make it through thus far. As long as you don't let materials pile up, then you should have no problem passing the classes and maintaining the GPA. The program is short, so expect to have exams on Fridays and Mondays.

Unkind stories are with almost every school, not just MCP. I personally think that they make the environment easier and the resources more accessible for future classes now. For example, students are now able to watch the lecture after each class. We had to manually record them on our 1st year. This is a huge improvement in my opinion. All of my classmates make it through thus far. As long as you don't let materials pile up, then you should have no problem passing the classes and maintaining the GPA. The program is short, so expect to have exams on Fridays and Mondays.
Good to know! Thanks for the info. I'd love to hear your opinion about the school overall and any tips for success. Talking with someone who has first hand knowledge is priceless! Thanks in advance....

PCAT - 89 composite

no need to wait for supplemental. it was up on their website about 3 weeks ago.

Hi Everyone! I applied to MCPHS via regular admission. I just received a letter from them today for an on-campus interview. If you sent everything in early, you should hear from them soon; it's already almost September. I did receive one email from them couple weeks after I had submit my application with them and did their supplemental. My pharmcas was sent on August 8 and I did my supplemental the week MCPHS had their supplemental apps available on their website.

Hi Everyone! I applied to MCPHS via regular admission. I just received a letter from them today for an on-campus interview. If you sent everything in early, you should hear from them soon; it's already almost September. I did receive one email from them couple weeks after I had submit my application with them and did their supplemental. My pharmcas was sent on August 8 and I did my supplemental the week MCPHS had their supplemental apps available on their website.

Congrats!!! My pharmCAS was sent August 8th as well...I hope to hear from them soon! So you received a letter in the mail then? Or e-mail? If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats?

Ahhhh! That's so exciting, congrats! Good luck on the interview. I hope to hear from them soon!! I don't mean to question it but mail doesn't come on Sunday. Did you hear from them via email?!?

Last edited:
I am confused also because I was told by countless people that interviews do not start until the beginning of October. So are the admissions staff changing rules this year?

Congrats!! Good luck on the interview!

Does anyone know if their supplemental can be started and resumed later? Thanks~!

Another question! Which program did you apply to? the accelerated one in worcester? Thanks!

Congrats!! Good luck on the interview!

Does anyone know if their supplemental can be started and resumed later? Thanks~!

That's a good question...When I was doing it, it kind of seemed like you had to complete it in one shot. Once I started, I was worried I would lose it if I didn't finish it so I completed all of it at once. :confused: