MCW Class of 2010, Part 3

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I end up getting up at 6 everyday so I can have breakfast with my wife, who goes to work at 7. Nice way to start the day, and it's good training for the ungodly hours we have to keep during clinical rotations.

Oh, and I actually have a smallish record collection, but no turntable as of yet. Waiting until I have a larger house/apt. to pick one up.
Ah. I hitched a ride to school this morning, since it's not a very nice day to ride my bike here. :laugh: But I'd just tell my wife I'd see her in the evening if I were you. :p

Members don't see this ad.

Ah. I hitched a ride to school this morning, since it's not a very nice day to ride my bike here. :laugh: But I'd just tell my wife I'd see her in the evening if I were you. :p

I stopped riding my bike last year after I hit a Ford Explorer. That's right, I hit them. Evidently she was braking in front of me at the yellow light at 87th and Watertown Plank because she didn't want me to run through the yellow. Yeah, thanks lady, I'm much better off ramming into your tailgate. :mad:

Luckily for me, I am unbreakable. Waiting around to complete the police report on the accident made me late for our first biochem small group session though. So, with my flair for the dramatic, I kept my bike helmet on when I walked into the room 20 minutes late. Everyone looked up at me, and I say matter of factly: "Sorry I'm late everyone. I just got hit by a car."

I stopped riding my bike last year after I hit a Ford Explorer. That's right, I hit them. Evidently she was braking in front of me at the yellow light at 87th and Watertown Plank because she didn't want me to run through the yellow. Yeah, thanks lady, I'm much better off ramming into your tailgate. :mad:

Luckily for me, I am unbreakable. Waiting around to complete the police report on the accident made me late for our first biochem small group session though. So, with my flair for the dramatic, I kept my bike helmet on when I walked into the room 20 minutes late. Everyone looked up at me, and I say matter of factly: "Sorry I'm late everyone. I just got hit by a car."

I was there! It was quite dramatic...there was an audible gasp from the collective audience.

I wake up at 6 every morning with my wife, too. I make her breakfast and pack her lunch every morning, in addition to my dog-walking duties.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was there! It was quite dramatic...there was an audible gasp from the collective audience.

I wake up at 6 every morning with my wife, too. I make her breakfast and pack her lunch every morning, in addition to my dog-walking duties.

I admire you guys for that.. Considering everything we deal with, that you make that time for your wives is awesome.

I hated that small group biochem crap. Though on my end of semester eval for teh course it DOES say that "at one point volunteered to diagram a topic of discussion on the board." I am TOTALLY gonna get that competitive residency now.

Were you Dr. McBride's favoritests student ever for that?

I hated that small group biochem crap. Though on my end of semester eval for teh course it DOES say that "at one point volunteered to diagram a topic of discussion on the board." I am TOTALLY gonna get that competitive residency now.

Ooooo... am I gonna have to start competing with you for coloring specialty just like micro?

I've been known to indulge in a little Dane Cook now and again. I am fairly shocked at the backlash he has received due to his popularity.

Yeah I noticed that too. He's pretty damn funny. I don't know about the movie though. His HBO special is available on google video / youtube.

Brian Regan is funny too.

Donnyfire thinks he kills the forum because he said everytime he speaks it's quiet for hours. I think we're just all waiting for more tidbits of wisdom. :D

no, he's killing it.

I Knew It!!!!

You can all take a break now, and come back later....

Members don't see this ad :)
Awww... now it's all my fault. I'm just going to crawl back into my hole and start studying. yay path.

Ashleigh, I just wanted to let you know that some patients were making comments about the professionalism of your dress the other day. Their exact words were, I believe, "What kids wear these days! I tell you." I think you need to consider making a serious committment to professionalism, and you can start by not wearing fishnets and 6-inch stilettos on Touchy Feely Tuesdays any more.

Thank you. I hate October Block.

Brian Regan is my favorite of the moment. His Pop Tart bit had me rolling on the floor the first time I heard it about a year ago.

I have been know to hunt moosen on occasion.

Ashleigh, I just wanted to let you know that some patients were making comments about the professionalism of your dress the other day. Their exact words were, I believe, "What kids wear these days! I tell you." I think you need to consider making a serious committment to professionalism, and you can start by not wearing fishnets and 6-inch stilettos on Touchy Feely Tuesdays any more.

really? wow. I'm gonna go on the prowl for her now.

Dahms's lectures are way better when I'm listening to them at a time other than 8 am. I'm learning so much right now, but not a whole lot in her actual lectures.

Oh... :confused: I thought that's what casual Fridays were for.

I wanted to be my sister's tour guide, but she got in someone else's group. =( As for your side of the lab, it was my side of the lab last year. :D
orly.gif

so did she resolve any of the conflict with your parents, or does her fiance still need to: 1) Open mouth. 2) Insert foot. ?

Yeah, I have some family obligations that I should take care of.....my grandpa's in the hospital right now, but it's kind of hard to go visit when I don't have a car all day, and I get home late at night. :oops:

Pratik,

Not sure if you check this thread any more, but just in case...

That taped-off crime scene we saw at the VA yesterday wasn't a broken into car. Apparently 2 people stabbed a veteran multiple times as he was leaving the outpatient clinics and jacked his car. Good thing our appointment wasn't an hour earlier, or that coulda been us!

Pratik,

Not sure if you check this thread any more, but just in case...

That taped-off crime scene we saw at the VA yesterday wasn't a broken into car. Apparently 2 people stabbed a veteran multiple times as he was leaving the outpatient clinics and jacked his car. Good thing our appointment wasn't an hour earlier, or that coulda been us!

Holy crapola....an hour earlier and we coulda used the vast clinical skills we have learned in CER. You coulda done the joint exam while i inspected the retina!!!!!!!!

Ughhhh, my hands smell like I'm still in lab. I removed the entire GI tract myself today, from the pyloric all the way down.

279414111_dfda014822_m.jpg

from Xandie's myspace.

Do you think that thing vibrates at all?

cuz you posted at 2:04, and I figured the only people who weren't in PBL or interviewing would be those in MIM.

I had the library demo thing that day...I think. My PBL person is a psychologist who has a practice focused on sexual disfunction. That means that we're going to spend 80 percent of 2 hours off topic. We never finish that one early nor do we ever finish interviewing early.

I appreciate the SDNer's effort to inform me that an MCW graduate was featured in Savage Love's recent discussion on the donkey punch. Btw, don't forget to look up the new terminology.

donkey punch isn't new. For a while you couldn't write "donkey punch" on SDN. It would just show up as ****** *****

Only because I had to go run stupid experiments on fibroblast supernant to test PGE-2 secretion. Joy.

Jerk. >=þ
:love: But you had warning when I mentioned that logging out of the library computers wasn't the only way to prevent someone from posting under your name. :smuggrin:

donkey punch isn't new. For a while you couldn't write "donkey punch" on SDN. It would just show up as ****** *****
oh, I know it's not new. it's just the first time that it's been addressed in such detail in Savage Love.

I take no responsibility for things posted on my myspace... really... not my fault.

I take no responsibility for things posted on my myspace... really... not my fault.

So, tell us about the friend you have on myspace who just has a picture of her cleavage as her profile photo.