MD ChAnCe ME!! Please Help Pick Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nobodywantsaneuroticdoc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Just sent out my primary today, applying to a list of 12 schools:
Northwestern
UIllinois
Rush
Loyola
Rosy Franklin
Southern Illinois
Wisconsin
Ohio State
Temple
Tufts
Tulane
Miami

However, after seeing the large lists of schools other applicants are applying to, I would like to ask for anybody's help in chancing me at my choices and perhaps adding a few more schools to my list.

My stats are as follows:
Illinois white male applicant, 33MCAT (PS12, V10, BS 11), 3.87 cGPA (science gpa is probably a 3.9 or so, I haven't calculated it yet), 250 volunteer hours at a hospital, great personal statement and letters (or so I hope and believe :) ), about 280 hours shadowing 4 different fields, extensive research with pending publications and stipends, volunteer for health center on campus, 3 semesters TAing 2 different graduate bio courses, other smaller extracurriculars with leadership positions and volunteer projects also noted on application.

Thanks for your help guys, I really appreciate it

Members don't see this ad.

I would think you'd get an interview at multiple schools on your list, but if you are looking to add some more I guess some of my suggestions would be:

Jefferson
Oakland
Medical College of Wisconsin
Cincinnati
Einstein

Members don't see this ad :)
I would think you'd get an interview at multiple schools on your list, but if you are looking to add some more I guess some of my suggestions would be:

Jefferson
Oakland
Medical College of Wisconsin
Cincinnati
Einstein
hmm, havent looked into them yet, thanks a lot!!

When you get your first acceptance letter, it makes everything you've ever done in your entire life feel worth it.

^THIS. I can only dream right now.

OP, I have a very similar application to you and I am applying to Drexel and PSU in addition to your Temple. I'm guessing you're a Illinois resident so maybe add Iowa and SLU I say those two because they would be closer than say Miami and the Carolinas.

^THIS. I can only dream right now.

OP, I have a very similar application to you and I am applying to Drexel and PSU in addition to your Temple. I'm guessing you're a Illinois resident so maybe add Iowa and SLU I say those two because they would be closer than say Miami and the Carolinas.
Is there really any point of applying to Iowa? I thought they heavily favored their in-state applicants. Don't out of state applicants have to really stick out to even get an interview?
I'll look into SLU, that def seems reasonable. And with Miami being my alma mater I feel that I must apply here as well!

Is there really any point of applying to Iowa? I thought they heavily favored their in-state applicants. Don't out of state applicants have to really stick out to even get an interview?
I'll look into SLU, that def seems reasonable. And with Miami being my alma mater I feel that I must apply here as well!
They do state that they favor Iowa residents, but there previous class was made up of about 1/3 OOS, so it's not out of the question. Only had about 3500 applications, too... so odds could be good.

Reactions: 1 user