Mercer University Class of 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
There were 10 people I think but we were told our interview group was a little smaller. That was the October 28th group.

Congrats Ben and Blake! I remember you guys. I got in too :) I'm Danielle... if it's not obvious by the username haha.

Congratulations Ben, Blake and Danielle:)) Can't wait to meet everyone next fall!! FYI, I'm LaWanda

Well I had my interview today and I think it went great! The student and faculty interviewers were awesome and laidback. It was a conversation than a questionnaire. I mean the professor and I were talking about college football towards the end of it and almost went over time lol. They said we wouldnt here back from them for about 2 weeks, which is agonizing!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations Ben, Blake and Danielle:)) Can't wait to meet everyone next fall!! FYI, I'm LaWanda
hey i was in the 28th interview group too.. name is divya.. looks like 5 out of 10 ppl are here :).. cant wait to see yall in fall .. yayy

Congrats everyone! My name is Ashley :) Can't wait to meet you all!

Last edited:
Congratulations to Divya, Ben, Blake, and Danielle! We are looking forward to meeting you all :)

My name is Brian and I'm a P1 here at Mercer, congrats to all those accepted and good luck to everyone still going through the application process. Just so you know, there are a few of us Mercer students who try to keep an eye out for opportunities to answer questions or clear up issues, but we can't catch them all! So please do feel free to pm us (I know myself, and spenserh88 are students at Mercer) if you have any specific questions or concerns. Thanks ya'll, and good luck with the rest of the process!

hi..I just got an email from Mercer that my application file is complete. I was wondering how long it'll take them to call me for an interview if I get one.

Thanks

They're extremely prompt so be checking your email fairly religiously.

Teriyakidog-- I had my interview on the fourth as well! good luck to you -- do you really think it will be two weeks until we hear from them? they have been so prompt with everything!!

Teriyakidog-- I had my interview on the fourth as well! good luck to you -- do you really think it will be two weeks until we hear from them? they have been so prompt with everything!!

It looks like the admissions committee meets every other Tuesday and they call you with the admissions decision on the Wednesday after. I think they allow 2 interview groups to pass before they meet again, for efficiency. According to the trends, they'll probably meet Nov. 15th so be by your phones on Wed. the 16th. Of course, I am just speculating as an obsessive pre-pharm kid so don't hold me to this ;) Good luck guys! Waiting is the hardest but it's the biggest relief after.

I think it really depends. I interviewed on 10/14. The admissions committee met on 10/18 and they told us at the interview it would be 7-10 days before we would hear anything. But they called me on 10/18:))

Good luck!!

It looks like the admissions committee meets every other Tuesday and they call you with the admissions decision on the Wednesday after. I think they allow 2 interview groups to pass before they meet again, for efficiency. According to the trends, they'll probably meet Nov. 15th so be by your phones on Wed. the 16th. Of course, I am just speculating as an obsessive pre-pharm kid so don't hold me to this ;) Good luck guys! Waiting is the hardest but it's the biggest relief after.

awesome! thanks!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Everyone!

This may or may not be exciting to you all, but depending on which day you interviewed, you may not have been given this information! The new curriculum (starting with your class of 2016) has been approved, and will go into effect next Fall, 2012.

I have posted the document for the curriculum of the 2012-2013 year on our class of 2015 website. It is at the top of the page on this link:

http://mcop2015.weebly.com/archived-news.html

Good luck to everyone who has interviewed recently and is waiting to hear back, and people getting ready for their interviews :xf: Also, what Danielle (Danibella) says is accurate, so November 15th should be the day! But don't be surprised if it's sooner, or a couple days after. It all really depends on how many applicants they are considering. :thumbup:

I think it really depends. I interviewed on 10/14. The admissions committee met on 10/18 and they told us at the interview it would be 7-10 days before we would hear anything. But they called me on 10/18:))

Good luck!!

Yea it seems that they call the people who get accepted either the day of or the day after the committee gets together. So I guess i'll be staying by my phone all day Tuesday and Wednesday lol

Hey guys.. I am thinking of apying here..does anyone know more about their supplemental? Like what does it entail, just basic questions or do you hav to write essays and stuff?

Thanks

I don't remember the exact questions from the supplemental....Most ofo them were basic questions, but there were about 2 questions that required a longer response ( maybe a paragraph ). But you can access that supplemental on Mercer's admissions page.

Hey guys.. I am thinking of apying here..does anyone know more about their supplemental? Like what does it entail, just basic questions or do you hav to write essays and stuff?

Thanks

Hi guys... Thanks a lot for your replies.

I have a question about the supplemental application. There's a question on it that states "Please list other pharmacy schools which you are considering for attendance"
Is it asking to list the other pharmacy schools that you have just applied to or have already received interviews/acceptance?

Also, if they are asking for all the schools that you applied to, do I have to put ALL the schools that I applied to? (I am asking this because I am applying to A LOT of schools..lol)

Thanks

They just want to know the schools you are considering applying to....I don't think you have to put all schools you are considering. Just name of few.

Hi guys... Thanks a lot for your replies.

I have a question about the supplemental application. There's a question on it that states "Please list other pharmacy schools which you are considering for attendance"
Is it asking to list the other pharmacy schools that you have just applied to or have already received interviews/acceptance?

Also, if they are asking for all the schools that you applied to, do I have to put ALL the schools that I applied to? (I am asking this because I am applying to A LOT of schools..lol)

Thanks

Has anyone heard anything?! I am getting so nervous! I thought that we would hear from them around the 15th and 16th...

Has anyone heard anything?! I am getting so nervous! I thought that we would hear from them around the 15th and 16th...

Well, I submitted my PharmCAS late October and I finished my supplemental on Tuesday of this week. Couple of hours after I submitted my supplemental, I called them to check if they have received everything and very nice lady told me that they have not yet received my PharmCAS and supplemental. She told me that it looks like it takes a bit to update my supplemental and match up with my PharmCAS.

I have been waiting, but I did not hear anything from them. Hopefully this is because my application is still in processing, not because I don't qualify to be interviewed.

So I called Mercer earlier today, and they told me the committee wasn't meeting until after thanksgiving! The agony!!!!

So I called Mercer earlier today, and they told me the committee wasn't meeting until after thanksgiving! The agony!!!!

Are you serious! Uhhhh! The agony indeed. Thanks for calling! Im not sure how much longer I can wait !!!!

AWWW........ hummmmm.... nooooo.. I'm really waiting on this school to call me for an interview!!! Is this mean that we would be scheduled for an interview on Jan or Feb??
I hope I'm... or we are not late birds :(

If it makes you feel better Pharmacist101, My interview was late February and I was accepted last year :) Stay positive! Sorry to everyone who has to wait until after thanksgiving, but just take the time to relax, and try not to think about it, I'm sure they will be very prompt after the holiday!

I found out today that i am interviewing on Dec 2nd. Is anyone else going to be there this Friday?

I found out today that i am interviewing on Dec 2nd. Is anyone else going to be there this Friday?

Congrats on your interview :) the most stressful part is getting there in such short notice haha. Otherwise, the interview is laid-back and everyone is so welcoming. Make sure you talk to everyone, any chance you get. Good luck!

To those who've paid the $250 security deposit... have they cashed anyone's checks yet? Not that I'm excited to give up money haha, just wondering when it'll be :rolleyes:

I just got an email today also inviting me for an interview on December 2nd. I actually have a work commitment, so I'm thinking of calling to see if I can reschedule. I certainly don't want to seem ungrateful, because I am so excited to be invited to an interview at Mercer!!! Ultimately, I'm going to do whatever it takes to attend the interview if another date isn't available.

I got a call from them this morning and I'm accepted! So excited!

Congrats on your interview :) the most stressful part is getting there in such short notice haha. Otherwise, the interview is laid-back and everyone is so welcoming. Make sure you talk to everyone, any chance you get. Good luck!

To those who've paid the $250 security deposit... have they cashed anyone's checks yet? Not that I'm excited to give up money haha, just wondering when it'll be :rolleyes:

Yeah, they cashed mine on 11-22.

Last edited:
I received a call this morning letting me know I was accepted!! :)

The committee met yesterday... whew.. so happy!

Have any of you received financial aid package yet?

I haven't received a finanical aid package. I didn't think we would receive it this early..Maybe after January 2nd being we can't apply for financial aid until then.

Yeah, don't expect a financial aid package anytime soon, haha. Financial aid is always swamped!

Congratulations to Teriyakidog and fldude2k1 on your acceptance!

For those of you who went to the interview last friday heard back from Mercer yet???
I thought we are getting our answers back either 12-6 or 12-7 but I didn't hear anything from them. Just hoping that I'm not the only one...

I haven't heard anything either...kinda makes me nervous.

My son heard today he had been accepted.

I received a call yesterday afternoon that I had been accepted...woot!

Congratulations to Pharmacist101, Supernnyl, and Coolroy's son on their acceptances!

Hey hey hey!!! Does anybody know how many out of state students are usually admitted into the program? Also, is there somebody I can PM about the program? I have more questions :)

Hey hey hey!!! Does anybody know how many out of state students are usually admitted into the program? Also, is there somebody I can PM about the program? I have more questions :)

Hey DSTined2Pharm9,

Mercer does not give preference to in-state students. So students from out-of-state have just as much of a chance of being accepted as someone who lives in-state. I think I read somewhere that approxiamately 40% of their classes consist out-of-state students. Hope this helps....Good luck to you:)

Hey everyone, congrats to those accepted during the Fall 2011 interview period, we hope you will decide to join us at Mercer and we can welcome you as part of the family come August next year. Remember, if you have been accepted, you can ask to join the Facebook group for the class of 2016. The link is http://www.facebook.com/groups/257160447659238/?ref=ts

For those still completing the application process or waiting to hear a decision, hang in there! we wish you all the best of luck - Brian D

Hey, I want to ask if I'll absolutely need to have a car to commute to rotation sites... How far are the rotation sites from the school????
So if you have rotation, you'll be away from school for a period of time? Do you know whether carpooling is a viable option?

Hey hey! I noticed that the curriculum is on a block schedule, which is something new to me.......can anyone, preferably Mercer students, tell me more about that? And do you find it effective in your learning? Thanks!!

To PhoenixFire:

We haven't had rotations yet, and don't really go on "rotations" in the traditional sense until our 4th year. For daily living, you don't have to have a car, especially if you meet a few people who do. Worst case scenario, there are a ton of bus stops around campus that can get you where you need to go. A car always makes life easier though :p

I wouldn't worry about a car at this stage in your pharmacy school planning. There a lot of people in the current P1 Year that don't have cars and are managing fine :)

To DSTined2Pharm9:

I imagine how you like the block schedule is largely subjective, but from my experience, it is absolutely perfect! I'm sure you're used to those crazy weeks, where you have 5 tests in a 5 day span, and you always ask yourself "why wouldn't they just coordinate this so it doesn't happen.."
So far with the block schedule, we've never had more than one EXAM per week. We do have quizzes, but they are short and not very time consuming studying-wise.

Overall, I really enjoy the way Mercer has it's courses set up. It really lets you learn one subject at a time, and retain it, rather than just studying for the test and dumping it after. In fact, I just love everything about Mercer! I'm glad I chose to attend here.

Hope this helped both of you. If you have further questions don't hesitate!

Hey guys! I got an email for my interview for Jan 27th and am getting super nervous!
Any advice to help calm me down would be great!

And congrats to all who've already gotten in! :)

No need to be nervous lann :) Mercer's interview is very stress-free, and everyone will be friendly.

Just be yourself, and of course be prepared to answer the standard questions of why do you think Mercer is the right place for you, and why you're passionate about pharmacy. A lot of the other questions are kind of based on what you want to know, or what the particular interviewer is interested in.

If you have any other questions please let me know!

No need to be nervous lann :) Mercer's interview is very stress-free, and everyone will be friendly.

Just be yourself, and of course be prepared to answer the standard questions of why do you think Mercer is the right place for you, and why you're passionate about pharmacy. A lot of the other questions are kind of based on what you want to know, or what the particular interviewer is interested in.

If you have any other questions please let me know!

I got an email saying that my application file is complete and under evaluation. I should hear back in 2-3 weeks. However, some interviews have been sent out. Should I be concerned? Is rolling-in admissions? So nervous! Thank you!:xf: