Merry ****ing Christmas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lamount

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
electronic communications is the worst invention in Oncology in past 20 years

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
electronic communications are worse than electronic brachytherapy ?

• Haha
  • Love
?? Just don't let incompetent ninnies be able to send a mass text.

What're you gonna do for EVERY result, have somebody call a patient?
If it's a test result that you need to know about, you come in for a visit

Too late for me, patients have immediate access to every test result. I actually do the opposite of what was intended for me to do and give very vague responses without explaining anything but making it seem like there is a plan of action going forward even if there is none.

It’s just another silly game brought on by admins placing the docs in yet another awkward situation because we’re devoted to patient satisfaction metrics and not what really matters. Don’t ever give them what they want because once you do, they will always ask for more. The best way to fight is to become that disgruntled doctor administrators hate to talk to becuse eventually they will leave you alone and move on to the bright eyed bushy tail new doc trying to make a difference in the world. I used to always wonder how it happens, now I know!

Last edited:
My nurse calls back patients if it's a negative result.

Positive results usually require an office visit with me
I do the same. Some patients balk at having to come in, but I usually let them know that if it's worth having a $5,000 PET scan, it's worth taking 10 minutes to talk about what it means.

I do the same. Some patients balk at having to come in, but I usually let them know that if it's worth having a $5,000 PET scan, it's worth taking 10 minutes to talk about what it means.
Everyone automatically gets their results when they are read to our hospital patient portal. I try to do same-day scans but I am not in clinic everyday. I tell every patient at consult “never get upset about a scan result until you have had a chance to talk to me”

Reactions: 1 users
If it's a test result that you need to know about, you come in for a visit

If you're a PCP, then sure

ROs don't have time for that **** with patients who forget to get labs or have outside scans...

Yeah sure, the 'scheduled' f/u scans sure let's talk about it, but otherwise?

A 'Hey your PSA that you forgot to get drawn before our visit is fine, see ya in 6 months like we discussed'?

Patient comes to see one of ya'll for prostate cancer. Boomer urologist, no MRI. Patient w/ favorable intermediate risk disease per sextant biopsy. You're getting an MRI of the prostate to confirm nothing super bad and for tx planning. You see them without the MRI. Discuss RT. Schedule CT Sim.

You scheduling another f/u to discuss MRI results?

If you're a PCP, then sure

ROs don't have time for that **** with patients who forget to get labs or have outside scans...

Yeah sure, the 'scheduled' f/u scans sure let's talk about it, but otherwise?

A 'Hey your PSA that you forgot to get drawn before our visit is fine, see ya in 6 months like we discussed'?

Patient comes to see one of ya'll for prostate cancer. Boomer urologist, no MRI. Patient w/ favorable intermediate risk disease per sextant biopsy. You're getting an MRI of the prostate to confirm nothing super bad and for tx planning. You see them without the MRI. Discuss RT. Schedule CT Sim.

You scheduling another f/u to discuss MRI results?
I mean, in this scenario, I'd just tell them at the CT Sim.

What if MRI is scheduled after CT Sim, because you're in a not super busy practice that can just do a same day CT sim for maximum efficiency
"I'll call you if the MRI shows anything new or changes the plan. Otherwise, it's just to help me with treatment planning and you should assume it turned out fine. See you in a week to start your treatment."