Program-Specific Info / Q's MGH Institute of Health Professions OTD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got my acceptance to MGH today for June 2015!!! I'm so excited! Has anyone else heard back? I'll be accepting their offer and want to see who else is planning on attending. I'm from California, so this will be a HUGE change of scenery for me!

Tay would you mind sharing your Stats? Applying next year...

Members don't see this ad.

@KateRhae sure! I feel like my GPA and GRE scores were average, but I had a lot of extra-curricular and volunteer experience

University (undergrad): San Francisco State University
Major: Kinesiology
Overall GPA: 3.31
Pre-Req GPA: 3.65
GRE: Verbal: 146 Quant: 147 Analytical: 4.5

Extra-Curricular: 10,000 hours Tahitian dancer (I've been a dancer for 14 years and traveled throughout the world to compete/perform); club volleyball assistant coach girls 14/u

Volunteer: Rehabilitation volunteer: 100 hours OT inpatient hospital setting, 60 hours outpatient hand clinic, 40 hours OT inpatient psychatric ward; elementary after-school program volunteer; summer camp counselor for children ages 5-14

References: an OT who I shadowed in the hospital, an employer, and a professor

Reactions: 1 user
Also accepted and just put my deposit down! Can't wait to meet everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got accepted from the waitlist! Can't wait to meet you all :)

Hey everyone! What is the total cost about for the program?

Greetings! I can't wait to meet y'all ! Has anyone received any information regarding next steps,background checks, student list, etc? I'm from Missouri, so I would like to start getting an apartment/roommate situation arranged! Woohoo ! :rolleyes:

I haven't recieved any other information; hopefully we will hear more from them soon!

I asked if our entering class has a FB page (other schools I applied to had pages for the incoming class so they could get to know each other and find roommates), and they said we don't :(

I did write them and they gave me the contact of a current student that I have been communicating with though...

I asked and they said once the class is confirmed they will send out a welcome email with all the info.
@DJdre5745 you should start looking for Apts asap (for the summer and Sept 1).
The Boston market is pretty hot!

I haven't recieved any other information; hopefully we will hear more from them soon!

I asked if our entering class has a FB page (other schools I applied to had pages for the incoming class so they could get to know each other and find roommates), and they said we don't :(

Ok, good deal! I started a Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MGHOTD2018 . Feel free to add yourself to the group!

I am in the process of looking for an apartment too! Has anyone had any luck?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am in the process of looking for an apartment too! Has anyone had any luck?

Yes, I've found several on Craigslist. I'll be subletting one June-August and then I will look into leasing one when we return for class in September.

I may be looking for a roommate! Do you guys also know how much time we have in between Summer and Fall semesters?

6 wks. Class ends at the end of July and starts again Sept 15

I had no idea! Where did you find this information/a schedule?

Did anyone accepted off the waitlist receive scholarship money?

Just submitted my deposit yesterday! Can't believe this is real life!! If any current students are willing to chat and answer some questions please let me know. Leads on housing anywhere nearby would be awesome, too :)

Just submitted my deposit yesterday! Can't believe this is real life!! If any current students are willing to chat and answer some questions please let me know. Leads on housing anywhere nearby would be awesome, too :)
I got an invitation for Openhouse for MGH. Can any of you tell me how your interview process was, as they don't have any interview this year. Just wondering what to expect

I got an invitation for Openhouse for MGH. Can any of you tell me how your interview process was, as they don't have any interview this year. Just wondering what to expect

I actually just received an e-mail inviting me for an interview on February 3rd! I think the open house you were referring to is like an info-session.
anyone else get an invitation to interview?! and anyone who has interviewed in the past, what was it like? how should I prepare? I'm nervous!