Miami Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill uses stem cells for his ACL injury

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i wasnt going to watch these non-kneeling disrespectful millionaire babies(except Tom Brady)....but now i might.

Members don't see this ad :)
wait wait wait.

tannehill had a partial ACL tear, tried to go back and play, then had a compete tear. my guess -- although the article didnt state this, is that he probably had PRP or some other similar treatment to try to help the partial tear. that would actually be be a reasonable use. but, if that were the case -- it didnt work. he ended missing more time because of it after he had the complete tear.

now, he got injections AFTER the ACL repair surgery? really? why? to "help the healing"? baloney.

regennexx is appealing to the masses who dont know any better. it looks like what they did for him amounted to absolutely nothing, but they want a big name for marketing. not cool

Reactions: 2 users
wait wait wait.

tannehill had a partial ACL tear, tried to go back and play, then had a compete tear. my guess -- although the article didnt state this, is that he probably had PRP or some other similar treatment to try to help the partial tear. that would actually be be a reasonable use. but, if that were the case -- it didnt work. he ended missing more time because of it after he had the complete tear.

now, he got injections AFTER the ACL repair surgery? really? why? to "help the healing"? baloney.

regennexx is appealing to the masses who dont know any better. it looks like what they did for him amounted to absolutely nothing, but they want a big name for marketing. not cool

I wasn’t aware of the entire story, which shows you how much I follow my own city’s football team....

Miami Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill’s knee is healed — ready for 2017

“Numerous sources with knowledge of Tannehill’s recovery from a partially torn ACL and grade 2 sprained MCL said that weeks ago he passed a battery of tests that determine the stability and functionality of his knees and that he is now ready to go.

Even better for all involved, these sources insist, is that Tannehill will not be any more susceptible to a future ACL tear in his left knee following his completed rehabilitation than if he had had a reconstructive surgery.

Tannehill, pronounced healed by team doctor John Uribe and with a concurring second opinion from respected surgeon Dr. James Andrews, will be participating in the team’s conditioning program in April, OTA days which begin in May, minicamps after that and training camp, which is scheduled to begin in late July."

Last edited:
so...evidence lacking, but why not try especially if you have 100 large x 100 riding on it

regen definitely works in the young, healthy, motivated patient

problem is the charlatan injecting the BMI 40, smoker, DM, age 60 and promising miracles

regen definitely works in the young, healthy, motivated patient

Anything works in that patient, and surprisingly so does doing nothing

Reactions: 4 users
im pretty sure he eventually had a full tear then a complete ACL reconstruction. of course he is no more likely to tear it again. all the orthopods say that after an ACL repair. i dont see how regenerative medicine plays into this at all.

for his neck which was ultimately fused? Or before that? Or after? Im not familiar with exactly what he received.
If 3 or 4 fusions didn't work, I don't think perfect placement of the most special sauce would have either. But hey, he made 1 first down and won the broncos a super bowl!

I don't think we should pass judgment without knowing the specifics of his case. If I recall, he had a cervical disc herniation and chronic radiculopathy which eventually required fusion.

Reportedly, he had the stem cell procedure done in Europe prior to his fusion. Cells were harvested from his fat. Unknown if he had an epidural, intradiscal injection, or something else.

I don't think we should pass judgment without knowing the specifics of his case. If I recall, he had a cervical disc herniation and chronic radiculopathy which eventually required fusion.

Reportedly, he had the stem cell procedure done in Europe prior to his fusion. Cells were harvested from his fat. Unknown if he had an epidural, intradiscal injection, or something else.

but, regennexx and centeno can tout their success without giving specifics of the tannehill case?

manning was a lost cause. his neck has no lordosis and im sure he had major disc issues. nothing that a little belly fat would fix

Reactions: 1 user