Michigan State c/o 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i’m still betting on next week because they haven’t stuck to a single deadline they’ve set for themselves this cycle
The realistic side of me agrees, but the optimist in me is holding out hope!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is what one of my friends received last week:

We run an organic admissions process with no set timeline for decisions. This year we are behind our usual timeline.

We appreciate your patience as we work through this year’s process.

Reactions: 1 user
This is what one of my friends received last week:

We run an organic admissions process with no set timeline for decisions. This year we are behind our usual timeline.

We appreciate your patience as we work through this year’s process.
well let’s hope for next week then!

Question. Is anyone still in application review? I’m OOS for context.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know if MSU gives scholarships to students? Also does anyone know OOS tuition rate? I can't find that information online because their website says they change it each year. But if anyone knows what the more recent OOS cost of tuition looks like I would appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if MSU gives scholarships to students? Also does anyone know OOS tuition rate? I can't find that information online because their website says they change it each year. But if anyone knows what the more recent OOS cost of tuition looks like I would appreciate it!
I can’t speak about OOS rates because I’m IS, but there are a lot of scholarship opportunities and pretty much every student gets one at some point. There’s external scholarship opportunities that get forwarded to us all the time to apply to, and every year there’d a standardized internal scholarship system that you update your basic information into, and then you can get matched to scholarships automatically without actually ‘applying’. There’s some other internal scholarships you can apply to each year as well.

Yes Michigan state gives scholarships automatically, you don’t need to apply.

March 9th they replied to me:

Thank you for your continued interest in our program.
We do not have a specific date or week set at this time. Multiple unexpected factors have delayed our timeline this year. We are working as diligently and quickly as we can and will contact applicants as soon as we are able.

Sooooooo hopefully soon? :/

Reactions: 3 users
I read somewhere recently that they do not give scholarships to oos students, they lowered their oos tuition (from 55 to 47k per year) instead.

• Wow
Oh man okay. Does anyone know what their room and board costs look like? I'm trying to compare their prices to another university (in case I get in here) since the deadline is quickly approaching now, I want to be able to make a quick decision.

Oh man okay. Does anyone know what their room and board costs look like? I'm trying to compare their prices to another university (in case I get in here) since the deadline is quickly approaching now, I want to be able to make a quick decision.

Current undergrad here - you can get average apartments for around $700-$800 if you live with a roommate (I am 10 mins north of CVM and pay ~$800 a month including utilities with one roomie), and id say $1100-$1500 tops for a 1 bed 1 bath is average. Cost of living is comparable to anywhere else in the midwest, obviously much cheaper than ritzy-er areas. Housing is definitely going fast though, it always does

Reactions: 2 users
hoping for this week! on the waitlist for a couple of schools but felt like my MSU interview went well… fingers crossed we get some good news this week!

Reactions: 4 users
Manifesting tomorrow! Or any day this week ahah!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Here is to hoping for acceptances tomorrow!! :)

Reactions: 6 users
Here is to hoping for acceptances tomorrow!! :)
Like others said, I appreciate your optimism! It’s easy to get caught up in the anxiety and dread of it all, but I’m just trying to remember that regardless of when, we should know *soon*! (Also glad to know I’m not the only one stress checking my email and this thread multiple times a day 😂)

Everyone manifest they send out decisions today!!!🤍🤍🤍
giphy.gif

Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone else feel like MSU would have to respond and interview those with application reviewing mistakes prior to sending out general acceptances/denials for everyone else?

Does anyone else feel like MSU would have to respond and interview those with application reviewing mistakes prior to sending out general acceptances/denials for everyone else?

that’s kind of what i’ve been thinking! idk if anyone with application errors could speak to where they are at in the process

that stinks ahhh! I feel like Michigan state should have sent some sort of updated timeline. I know they are busy but the waiting game is killer ahh

Any chance they release decisions today?

Let’s hope for tomorrow!! 🤞🏼🤞🏼

Reactions: 5 users
I deferred my OOS acceptance to this year (Class of '27) and I was told I'd hear back end of March. So i'm guessing decisions for OOS will be out next week...