Midwestern, CCP (c/o 2016)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Esubmitted on August 1, 2011, submitted supplemental app on 9/5 got interview email on 9/7.
Congrats! When did you esubmit?

Members don't see this ad.

Wow, looks like they were busy this week! I got my interview offer finally a few days ago. 28th as everyone else said. Don't think I'm going to take it because I already have a flight booked for the Glendale campus for the next day lol

Just got my interview invite as well!

Submitted the supplemental yesterday (Sept. 8th) and received invite today (Sept. 9th). Was quite unexpected.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm, does anyone know when the 2nd round of interviews are conducted? Most of the other schools I applied to don't even start reviewing applicants until October...

Just offered a new interview date! Friday, October 14th and I will most likely take this one!

Just offered a new interview date! Friday, October 14th and I will most likely take this one!

Yup same here. Strange though, when I called them a few days ago to ask about the next interview date, they said it would be in November...

That scares me because that means they are probably getting a lot more applications than they expected this year! Anyways is anyone else going to take the Oct. 14th offer?

Ill also be going to their sept 28 interview. Is anyone staying at the red roof inn motel near midwestern, just let me know!
btw tell them youre a midwestern guest and it comes out to almost 50 a night!

I'll be interviewing on Sept 28th, then heading out in the evening that same day to go to my interview at the Glendale campus on the 30th. :eek:

I'll be interviewing on Sept 28th, then heading out in the evening that same day to go to my interview at the Glendale campus on the 30th. :eek:

ahhh, its so exciting getting invites but when we have to go through stuff like this it sucks!

Yeah I didn't want to do that so I chose the Oct 14th invite for that reason! lol, I'll also be at Glendale the 30th. Have you figured out your hotel or travel arrangements yet?

Last edited:
Hi all,
I'm not sure if this post is supposed to be in this thread, but I don't know where else to ask it. Anyways...

I submitted my PharmCAS application to MWU CPG and I accidentally clicked the "money order" button to pay my application fee. The good thing is I submitted my application to other schools the day before using the "credit card" option. However, I was wondering if accidentally clicking the "money order" option the day after will delay the PharmCAS processing of my application to other schools. In other words, does PharmCAS need ALL fees submitted before they can start processing?

Any answers would be most appreciated! Thanks!

Hi all,
I'm not sure if this post is supposed to be in this thread, but I don't know where else to ask it. Anyways...

I submitted my PharmCAS application to MWU CPG and I accidentally clicked the "money order" button to pay my application fee. The good thing is I submitted my application to other schools the day before using the "credit card" option. However, I was wondering if accidentally clicking the "money order" option the day after will delay the PharmCAS processing of my application to other schools. In other words, does PharmCAS need ALL fees submitted before they can start processing?

Any answers would be most appreciated! Thanks!

Couple suggestions, I'd try running this by the PharmCAS thread on SDN... and I'd also email or call PharmCAS like today! Don't take any chances, I know it is early in the cycle but the first sets of interviews are going to happen in a week now and getting your application submitted takes a few weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Esubmitted on August 1, 2011, submitted supplemental app on 9/5 got interview email on 9/7.

Wow, looks like they were busy this week! I got my interview offer finally a few days ago. 28th as everyone else said. Don't think I'm going to take it because I already have a flight booked for the Glendale campus for the next day lol

Just got my interview invite as well!

Submitted the supplemental yesterday (Sept. 8th) and received invite today (Sept. 9th). Was quite unexpected.

Ill also be going to their sept 28 interview. Is anyone staying at the red roof inn motel near midwestern, just let me know!
btw tell them youre a midwestern guest and it comes out to almost 50 a night!

For those who got an interview, do u mind share ur stat?

Yeah I didn't want to do that so I chose the Oct 14th invite for that reason! lol, I'll also be at Glendale the 30th. Have you figured out your hotel or travel arrangements yet?

fly into ORD airport, google maps to figure out the buses from ORD to Chicago to Downers Grove, then u take a car service from downers to the hotel, im staying at the red roof inn cause theyre the closest and give you a discount. on my interview day ima take car service to the COP.
if u want, hit me up after the 28th cause thats my interview day and ill let you know if theres anything else to know

For those who got an interview, do u mind share ur stat?

graduating with a B.S. in Chem
3.5 overall
73 pcat composite (85 in chem and 90 in bio, bombed english sections)
some volunteer, some shadowing
i think you get an interview based on grades and its upto what you do in your interview that gets you in.

Is anyone planning on bringing their spouse with them?

Have a great interview tomorrow guys! :)

Weather has been cool with breeze and light rain.
Don't step on the green/black geese poo.

Tomorrow's Specialty Lunch Menu @ "The Commons"
Soup: Broccoli and Cheddar Soup w/ Crackers(V)
Exhibition: "Wild Greens" Buffalo Fried Chicken Salad
Pizza: Greek Pizza(V)
Deli: Roast Beef, Ham, Turkey and Swiss
Entrée: Chicken, Andouille Sausage and Shrimp Jambalaya
Grill: Tilapia Tacos with Chili Citrus Salsa and Slaw

Wish I could stop by and see what's going on, but PS-1's kinda have a full day tomorrow.

Last minute tips:

- Look over the school mission statement and ideals and plug them into your interview casually (Hint: Professionalism).
- Look over the possible questions they may ask in the interview on the other pages on SDN. Come in prepared, but don't act like you're reading off a paper or you rehearsed it.
- It's a closed book interview, meaning they have no idea who you are. If there's anything that you want the interviewers to know, make sure you tell them.
- Ask questions. You get out of your visit as much as you put in.

Good luck guys!

I turned in my pharmcAs on the 1st of sep and my supplemental on the 27th of September!! Will I get an interview before December?? My stats are 2.65 cumulative on pharmcAs with an 85 composite on pcat...2.69 science gpa and 3.75 math gpa and 2.5 years of retail pharmacy experience!! Am getting really anxious seeing others getting interviews!!

I turned in my pharmcAs on the 1st of sep and my supplemental on the 27th of September!! Will I get an interview before December?? My stats are 2.65 cumulative on pharmcAs with an 85 composite on pcat...2.69 science gpa and 3.75 math gpa and 2.5 years of retail pharmacy experience!! Am getting really anxious seeing others getting interviews!!

Not to worry, today's interview is the FIRST interview time. it's actually really early. Interviews should be extending until late May (as in my case)

Anyone else on here go to the interview today?

I thought it was a very relaxed atmosphere. It was one of the first interviews in my life where I didn't have butterflies in my stomach. In addition, I feel like Kerry Mortenson from admissions did a good job of making the day less stressful. She came off as very approachable and down to earth.

The interview was not too bad. I enjoyed some aspects of being in a "group". It gave you a chance to build of other people's answers without "stealing" them. Almost a bit more conversational that interview-esque.

Overall, the day went by really smoothly.

How did you guys feel about it?

Last edited:
Anyone else on here go to the interview today?

I thought it was a very relaxed atmosphere. It was one of the first interviews in my life where I didn't have butterflies in my stomach. In addition, I feel like Kerry Mortenson from admissions did a good job of making the day less stressful. She came off as very approachable and down to earth.

The interview was not too bad. I enjoyed some aspects of being in a "group". It gave you a chance to build of other people's answers without "stealing" them. Almost a bit more conversational that interview-esque.

Overall, the day went by really smoothly.

How did you guys feel about it?

I went to the interview on Sept 28th as well. I totally agree with the above comments. Kerry, the dean, and the campus tour guide had some good advice and information, and were definitely laid back, which made the experience less stressful, even though during my interview I was a bit nervous, but that's how I am at any type of interview.

Since we were the first batch of interviewees, there were only 24 of us. But they said each successive batch will be around 40. I felt at home since there were a lot of California residents. Due to there being 24, they broke us up into 4 groups of 6. Groups 1 and 2 did the interviews at 9:30 AM and came back at 10:30 AM to do the writing sample (the essay was very practical and answerable), while Groups 3 and 4 did the writing sample first and then the interviews next.

It was the first group style interview for me, but like PharmyC said, it wasn't bad at all. The 2 interviewers spent time introducing themselves, then asked us general questions (in my case, they were the exact questions I had studied for, so I was relieved), and then let us ask them questions. The group style interview definitely takes some stress off you because you get time to collect your thoughts while someone is answering before you, as well as have time to prepare for the next question while others are answering the current question after you.

I didn't really build too much off of the other interviewees' answers since I come from a very different academic and experiential background than all the people in my group.

After all groups had interviewed, there was a presentation about financial aid and then some final admission comments from Kerry, who was very approachable if you had extra questions. Then we had a campus tour. Despite the light rain that day, it was nice to see the beautiful campus and inside the high tech buildings. Then we had lunch, which was said to be optional but apparently you had to attend in order to "sign out". I couldn't stay with the other interviewees to eat lunch because I had a flight to Midwestern Glendale to catch at O'Hare (security lines are notoriously bad there).

For those having interviews later in the cycle, I wish you good luck and hope you have as wonderful an experience as I had! :cool:

Just got my interview invite! I'll be interviewing on the 14th.

I recently got an interview to Midwestern CCP in IL for Oct 14. Is anyone else also going to that interview?

I recently got an interview to Midwestern CCP in IL for Oct 14. Is anyone else also going to that interview?

I'll be there. Where are you flying/driving from?

It looks like some people who interviewed at midwestern, glendale already got acceptances. They heard back the same day :eek:
For those that interviewed on the 28th... have you guys heard anything?

It looks like some people who interviewed at midwestern, glendale already got acceptances. They heard back the same day :eek:
For those that interviewed on the 28th... have you guys heard anything?

WTF, same day?

For Downers Grove they said 6-8 weeks. For Glendale they said 2 weeks maximum.

I think there are pros and cons for Glendale's quick decisions. Obviously good for those who get accepted hours after the interview has ended, while the rest are wondering what they did wrong and could have done better, or coming to terms with the fact that they probably got rejected.

Glendale was my #2 school, while Downers Grove was my #3. Didn't hear from Glendale yet, but I'm not worrying about it anymore. :thumbup:

Yeah Glendale said they pride themselves on a quick turnaround! Same day was a little ridiculous and I'm fairly confident that those people who got accepted same day had OUTSTANDING resumes. Anyways don't give up yet guys and gals, it is after all just now October when most schools BEGIN looking at applications! Good luck to everyone!

Just got an interview invite for oct. 14, but I have a lab pratical for anatomy the same day, so i guess i have to wait til November :(

Just got an interview invite for oct. 14, but I have a lab pratical for anatomy the same day, so i guess i have to wait til November :(

congrats! do u mind sharing your stats?

congrats! do u mind sharing your stats?

Pretty low, 3.05 based on Pharmcas and a 60 PCAT

Chem = 91
Bio = 76
Math = 75
I cant remember the rc and verbal, but they were pretty bad.

how about yours?

Pretty low, 3.05 based on Pharmcas and a 60 PCAT

Chem = 91
Bio = 76
Math = 75
I cant remember the rc and verbal, but they were pretty bad.

how about yours?

ahh i haven't heard from them yet cuz they haven't received my sept pcat.but my gpa is ~3.3 dun remember exactly. good luck on ur interview! :thumbup:

ahh i haven't heard from them yet cuz they haven't received my sept pcat.but my gpa is ~3.3 dun remember exactly. good luck on ur interview! :thumbup:

You should be be ok.

Good Luck and Thanks!!

Jkong,

I really appreciate your advice....guess what.....i just received an interview invite for downers grove campus today!!! i was so excited!!! i just visited this campus this summer and i really liked the neighborhood!! i really hope i could get in there!! Could give me some tips for the interview please??

Do you how long it takes for the PCAT to arrive to pharmcas? I know it says 5 weeks, but does it really take that long??

Do you how long it takes for the PCAT to arrive to pharmcas? I know it says 5 weeks, but does it really take that long??

im not sure but my first time taking the pcat was in early july (14 or something I don't exactly remember) but it didn't get to pharmcas until 8/22.

For those who had an interview on Sept. 28, how many questions were each students asked and how many questions did the students also ask? Also did you have to start answering a question by introducing yourself first? How long did the interview take, like at what exactly time were you allowed to leave?

i hope they come out with the November interview dates soon. i want to book my tickets before the prices start going up.

For those who had an interview on Sept. 28, how many questions were each students asked and how many questions did the students also ask? Also did you have to start answering a question by introducing yourself first? How long did the interview take, like at what exactly time were you allowed to leave?

There were I believe four total questions asked during the interview. Each student was then expected answer each question. My group tended to go in a circle for simplicity's sake, but you can go in any order. The first question was a general "what's your major, where are you from, why pharmacy?" introduction. Afterwards, we asked a couple questions. We only had ten minutes left for asking questions, however, since a few students in the group were a little verbose.

The interview itself took an hour. The whole day went from around 8:45 am to 1:00 pm. Lunch was from 12 - 1 pm. I do not believe it was required but most everyone attended.

they just added another day of interview! i scheduled mine on november 9th!!

I really appreciate your advice....guess what.....i just received an interview invite for downers grove campus today!!! i was so excited!!! i just visited this campus this summer and i really liked the neighborhood!! i really hope i could get in there!! Could give me some tips for the interview please??

I'm sure anyone who has gone through the interview process can add whatever they want with this, but I can give my own point of view.

My biggest advice is just to relax. Be yourself. You're not yourself when you're all stressed and tense throughout the entire interview.

It's a group interview of 4-6 people. Some people hate it, some people love it. Personally, I really liked it because it became a lot less stressful as the interview went on. The pauses inbetween your answers and others' answers give you the opportunity to recuperate and calm yourself down and think your answers through.

As with any other interview, be confident but not cocky and arrogant. I've said this a bunch of times, but try to be as original as you can. Because of the fact that you're with 3-5 other interviewees, answers ARE going to overlap. If you're not gonna give original answers, try at least to give an original explanation.

As for the written part, you can't really prepare for that. I got kinda lucky because my written portion was a pharmacy-relational situational question.

Look through the SDN pages of possible Midwestern Interview questions. Prepare some type of answer for them because, when you think about it, your entire oral interview only consists of four answers. You really don't wanna mess those answers up. At the same time, don't make it seem like you're reading a script. You wanna sound geniune and sincere in your answers.

If you guys have anymore questions, don't be afraid to PM me. Hope this helps.

Jkong,

Hey Chemwhiz, CONGRATS! :D
In terms of tips, DSS65 pretty much nailed it on the head. Relax and be yourself.

Surprisingly, the interview process for MWU isn't as stressful as you'd think. I personally liked the stress-free of the interview because everyone in my group added and turned each answer into their OWN.

I remember one question was "What have you done to prepare yourself for pharmacy school?"
One said "for the PCAT, I locked myself into my room and just study or get down to business"
Another said "go to work and take advantage of the resources there by asking questions"
haha I said, "GET EXCITED! Getting enthusiastic and eager to learn" cheesy.

Interviewers asked 3-5 questions I believe?
Students asked interviewers 1-2 questions each.
First question is "name, where you're from, major" type
Lunch (free) is at 12:00pm-1:00pm after the tour. Tour and lunch is optional.

DSS65, who are you?? :)

Thanks for all the info DSS65!! i will definitely keep those things in mind!!! i am going over all the questions from student doctor network for midwestern university right now!!

hey JKong,
THanks for the tips!! i will always be counting on you for any info regarding this school...lol so howz pharm skool?? more specific....howz midwestern???