Midwestern, CCP (c/o 2018)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good luck to everyone that interviewed today! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
To those interviewed today, as far as the thank you letters go are you guys sending them individually or to just Dr.Mortenson as an attachement to forward to them

I was there! The interview was very relaxed and fun :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Yay! I also thought the interview day was so much more relaxed than I anticipated.

Thank you! The admissions committee is meeting this Friday, and Dr. Mortenson said those who interviewed today may know as soon as next week. She said we should definitely know the school's answer by Thanksgiving. I interviewed with 3 other students, so my group was a bit smaller than what I expected. Also, we were asked 6 questions, which I think is higher than the usual number from what I've read. I sat at a table for lunch and thought I was talking to a pharmacy school student, but she turned out to be a professor! I told her this, and I have to say I was very impressed. I've never met a professor that relatable. I'll be taking any classes Dr. Fusco offers if I'm accepted :)

I think the size of your group determines how many questions the interviewers have time to ask. And awesome @ the AdCom meeting up soon! I'm looking forward to talking to more of the class of 2018. :)

Thank you! The admissions committee is meeting this Friday, and Dr. Mortenson said those who interviewed today may know as soon as next week. She said we should definitely know the school's answer by Thanksgiving. I interviewed with 3 other students, so my group was a bit smaller than what I expected. Also, we were asked 6 questions, which I think is higher than the usual number from what I've read. I sat at a table for lunch and thought I was talking to a pharmacy school student, but she turned out to be a professor! I told her this, and I have to say I was very impressed. I've never met a professor that relatable. I'll be taking any classes Dr. Fusco offers if I'm accepted :)
I think I was in your group! I was also in a small 4 people group. Was it group 6?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

To those interviewed today, as far as the thank you letters go are you guys sending them individually or to just Dr.Mortenson as an attachement to forward to them
I interviewed last month, I mailed my thank you cards to admissions, but they were written for each interviewer. It was sent care of to Kerry. She attaches them to your file.

Check your portals!! I interviewed 11/6 and just got accepted!

Can anyone let me know when I have to sign the matriculation agreement? It is due in 30 days, right? Thank you.

Just got an email from Kerry saying I have been accepted, I interviewed 11/6 and that was a quick decision. Have until December 9th to send in my deposit and paperwork, waiting on UIC

I interviewed on 11/6 as well and got my acceptance email today!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on all the new acceptances, guys!! :D So exciting.

Thanks gnhackman. Hope to see u in person soon!

Just checked a few minutes ago and my portal didn't change. I doubt the admissions staff is around tomorrow, so I guess I'll call Monday to see if I'm on the alternate list :(
Don't lose hope girl! Even if you were on the alternate list, there is a HIGH chance you'll be pulled off it! I was interviewed late (like May or June) and I was pulled off the list in July. your MAJOR advantage is applying early. Best of luck :)

That is a chance? I'm not too sure though. =\
Admissions would only be open Mon - Fri 8am to 4:30pm CST.
Send Kerry an email =)

Don't worry Pharmgirl, I think at the end of the day so Kerry did not have enough time to email all the accepted, because it involves with a bundle of document attached. Give her more time.

I am sure everything will be available next Mon. Some of my friends i know at the interview also hear nothing. Hope to hear your happy news next week. Enjoy weekend!

Thank you. Same to you!!!
yea i interviewd on oct 25 and nothing new on my portal but the prerequiste classes is showing and saying that two classes are missing for the app to be complete. But i will have those completed this semester. maybe they want to wait until after those classes are complete im assuming. But maybe there also going to deny me bc im overweight or some, dont know but that would not be cool lol (jk) but yea weel see and congrats for all the others that got in!!!!!!! BEST!!!!!

It's impossible to describe in words how excited I was to get my acceptance email from Kerry yesterday! Congrats to everyone else who has been accepted so far! Can't wait to meet all of you in person! And to those that are still waiting, don't lose hope! :D

Got accepted too! Congrats for everyone on your acceptance!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

yea i interviewd on oct 25 and nothing new on my portal but the prerequiste classes is showing and saying that two classes are missing for the app to be complete. But i will have those completed this semester. maybe they want to wait until after those classes are complete im assuming. But maybe there also going to deny me bc im overweight or some, dont know but that would not be cool lol (jk) but yea weel see and congrats for all the others that got in!!!!!!! BEST!!!!!

Is the pre-req list under the 'Accepted Student Checklist' tap? If that's the case I think it means you got accepted. For me I couldn't see this list until I got accepted. Also, I remember Kerry saying that they update the portal before sending out acceptance letters.
Good luck!

Is the pre-req list under the 'Accepted Student Checklist' tap? If that's the case I think it means you got accepted. For me I couldn't see this list until I got accepted. Also, I remember Kerry saying that they update the portal before sending out acceptance letters.
Good luck!

And definitely check and see if you can view the matriculation agreement, too! If MWU wants $1,000 from you, it's a pretty sure sign that you're in too. :p

Interviewed this past Wednesday (group 4), and received my acceptance Friday afternoon. Congrats to everyone who has been accepted!

I am from Houston. Does anyone know how much does it cost a 2 bedroom apartment in the area of Downers Grove? And is this area safe?

I am from Houston. Does anyone know how much does it cost a 2 bedroom apartment in the area of Downers Grove? And is this area safe?

Super safe city. It is very expensive though. If you drove through the neighborhood directly bordering the school in the back you would have seen the size of the houses and could just guess the cost...lol If I get accepted I am thinking about living in either Aurora or Naperville...not sure if I want to rent an apt or a home.

Super safe city. It is very expensive though. If you drove through the neighborhood directly bordering the school in the back you would have seen the size of the houses and could just guess the cost...lol If I get accepted I am thinking about living in either Aurora or Naperville...not sure if I want to rent an apt or a home.
Try to avoid Aurora. It isn't the best neighborhood. Naperville is wonderful, so is Woodridge, Bolingbrook, Darien, and Wheaton. Oak Brook and Lombard are also nice areas. Check Trulia for private rentals.

Thank you all you guys. Rentals in Chicago is a real challenge for me in comparison with Texas. Monday is coming. Hope to hear more accepted tomorrow!:):)

Thank you all you guys. Rentals in Chicago is a real challenge for me in comparison with Texas. Monday is coming. Hope to hear more accepted tomorrow!:):)
I moved from Texas some time ago, I will say you won't find those prices here. :( What you would pay in Texas around 600-700/month would easily be $1000 + here, no matter how far from downtown you are. Your best bet is to have room mates if you can. Good luck!

I live in Yorktown in Lombard and pay about $700 with a roommate for a 2 bedroom 2 bath (about $1400 total) ! It's very nice and very close to campus.

Just paid my deposit! It's officially official. :)

To the girls who interviewed already, did any of you wear a skirt? And what shoes did you wear?

To the girls who interviewed already, did any of you wear a skirt? And what shoes did you wear?

Yeah i wore a knee length black skirt with a black suit jacket. My shoes were just regular black 1 or 1.5 inch heels. But there were girls there who wore pants, and it looked just as good!

I wore a pantsuit, but a few girls wore a jacket/blazer and skirt combo as well. I wore some black dressy heels, and for the most part that was what the girls with skirts wore too. Except for one girl who wore bright red heels, lol. :)

I wore a pant suit just because it's too cold in Chicago for a skirt right now! Also, I didn't really want any leg showing during the interview. I was told by many people currently in Pharm school, "You don't want the interviewers to remember what you were wearing" :p.

And wear a short heel or flats...there will be quite a bit of walking during the tour. It also rains a lot so you don't want to accidentally slip on wet pavement with a high heel!

I scheduled my interview for the 11th of December, anyone else in this interview group?

In previous years' posts, I saw people say they had to buy their laptop after signing the matriculation agreement and paying the deposit.

For those who have already paid, did that still hold true? I just paid and cannot find where this is. Or it might be because I still have to complete three pre-req classes ??

In previous years' posts, I saw people say they had to buy their laptop after signing the matriculation agreement and paying the deposit.

For those who have already paid, did that still hold true? I just paid and cannot find where this is. Or it might be because I still have to complete three pre-req classes ??

I think that was only applicable in past years when you got to choose between a Mac or a Dell laptop. Now everyone receives a MacBook, so there's no laptop page for you to choose. Also, they tack the laptop cost onto your first year tuition, so you don't pay for it at all right now. And your prereqs won't have anything to do with it. As long as you've paid your deposit, they give you the full student access in the portal. They'll just revoke all of that if you don't complete those prereqs by next summer, so nothing to worry about there. :)

I think that was only applicable in past years when you got to choose between a Mac or a Dell laptop. Now everyone receives a MacBook, so there's no laptop page for you to choose. Also, they tack the laptop cost onto your first year tuition, so you don't pay for it at all right now. And your prereqs won't have anything to do with it. As long as you've paid your deposit, they give you the full student access in the portal. They'll just revoke all of that if you don't complete those prereqs by next summer, so nothing to worry about there. :)

Thank you for the help! :D